• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Do you worry that the series won't be able to go back to the creepy nature of the NPCs, as they have a bigger budget to polish them? DS2 felt like it was trying too hard to capture the feeling of the likes of Stockpile Thomas and the Maiden In Black

'You've a heart of gold, don't let them take it from you'

That'll be on my gravestone :p

Nah, not with Miyazaki on board! I have complete and blind faith in him, he knows what makes this series (and fans) tick. DS2 was from an entirely different team and I don't blame them for not trying to go 'off note' :lol

Now he's trying to recreate the creepiness of Tower of Latria, so that should tell you more than enough :p

I will buy a Xbone next year. Halo is calling out to me. Looks so good.

Give me a good example. I'm not asking this maliciously, I'm all for GOAT locations and stuff.

For starters, The Nexus in DeS feels like a genuinely peaceful kind of purgatory, where little changes, there is no hope for anyone, but it's better than the areas linked to it. The NPCs in The Nexus are really interesting to listen to, with delightfully bizarre mannerisms and voice acting. It's kind of beautifully dismal.

The Tower of Latria is probably the best level in Demon's Souls, a prison full of lost souls and genuinely worrying enemies who are fucking terrifying when they run at you. And it's easy to get lost in there if you're not paying attention, and that adds to the way that every corner you turn in petrifying, as you never know what is coming until you've already played it once. And there's no checkpoints to lean on and make you careless, if you're not switched on, you'll be punished, so every single corridor traversed feels like a victory.

I can't even really go on about Dark Souls like this, since the entire first two thirds of the game is basically a sequence of wonderful locations. It loses it's way ocasionally when they give you areas designed to annoy the player, which is a misguided attempt to remind players that the game is harsh and punishing, but generally it's boss to look at. Maybe not the sharpest game, but the art and overall aesthetic is incredible imo.

Maybe it's just not for you, but there's a reason so many people have Souls-related art as their avatars/wallpaper/screensavers etc, and it's not just because nerds have an annoying habit of being desperate to let everyone else know how nerdy they are :p

Hixx

I hate finishing Telltale games.

When does their Borderlands game come out? Should be a bit more lighthearted than TWD and TWAU, which excites me.

Hixx

Watching people open digital packs of cards for entertainment. The world confuses me sometimes.

Watching people flip out when they get IFs is hilarious. But I'd never sit and watch an hour of pure dullness in the hope that someone loses their shit for a minute.

Square are charging $60 for the Sleeping Dogs remaster. It had disappointing sales when it came out the first time, that could be the kiss of death for the remaster.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Square are charging $60 for the Sleeping Dogs remaster. It had disappointing sales when it came out the first time, that could be the kiss of death for the remaster.

Next-gen consoles owners are desperate for games. Of course they're going to charge full price for a year old game that was free not long ago.

Jarnet87

Watching people open digital packs of cards for entertainment. The world confuses me sometimes.

that feel of opening a booster pack and getting that sweet ultra rare card. I never got that feel in FUT.

the HD remaster craze bothers the hell out of me, and it's largely the ridiculous prices these companies are charging for them.

Next-gen consoles owners are desperate for games. Of course they're going to charge full price for a year old game that was free not long ago.

I honestly think the main audience for the Sleeping Dogs remaster at that price will be people who've already played it on console, and are in the middle ground between being graphics whores and not having a PC of equivalent power to the PS4/XboxOne.

A lower price would perhaps have interested far more people who haven't played it at all.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pitch is atrocious in Belgrade but we have to be brave, can't just resort to AVB sideways-ball. First half we have been too worried about the ball bobbling.

73% possession but no shots on goal.

Blablurn

Penny. I found our shirt.

YY7ZdYH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom