• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Vidal trained with the team today. Might play tomorrow against Milan. Please don't. There's no rush whatesoever. We'll lose regardless anyway.

Did anyone in here end up using this as avatar? I feel like someone did, but if not I am going to use it

W5Yosfe.jpg

People who refuse to buy a game because there are no achievements should be shot, dismembered and fed to pigs.

Are there people out there that genuinly wouldn't buy a game they're really excited about just because no achievements? I know people let it be a deciding factor if they're iffy on a game(and they'll consider any purchase if it has easy points).

Zabojnik

Are there people out there that genuinly wouldn't buy a game they're really excited about just because no achievements? I know people let it be a deciding factor if they're iffy on a game(and they'll consider any purchase if it has easy points).

I don't know. I mean, I hope they're just saying it for the sake of it, but there's all kinds of weirdos out there, so you never know.

Barzul

Happy birthday Barzul!

happy bday mate! damn 22, still have the world ahead of ya

Happy birthday Barzul-chan.

do you want a medal? It wasn't even your choice. We should congratulate your parents for having sex. Fucking gloryhunter.

Feliz cumpleaños Barzul.

Happy birthday Barzul! The other two stooges are dead so good luck :p

Happy Birthday Barzul!

Thanks guys!

Can't wait for the match on Sunday

Rizzoli is reffing, and I believe he was the fourth official in that match :p

Matri's cancelled goal in the next match was onside never forget

Gary Neville: Ageing Manchester City are running out of time if they want to win Champions League

Some good City bashing going on here from Nevs (not really it's fairly even handed).

Chelsea’s average age is 26.9. Man City’s squad is 28.9. In modern terms, that’s old. I think Jose Mourinho has adapted his squad cleverly in the last 12 months, selling Juan Mata and David Luiz for big money and then using the proceeds wisely.

The value of those players will drop quite sharply in the next 18 months because everyone will know they are going over the edge. People used to say of Ferguson: “Why has he sold this or that player when he’s still performing really well?” Answer: because he knew what was coming.

There is a trace of that now with City. Their problem, though, is that Financial Fair Play is chasing them down the road. So their option is to sell big now and buy young replacements in the next 12 months.

The pace of the big Premier League is superb. We see a very fast, aggressive contest. But when you take it to Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Dortmund, our clubs are falling short. City’s problem in that respect relates to three pairings: Agüero and Dzeko, Silva and Nasri, and Touré and his partner in midfield.

Here’s why. If you play Toure with a partner in central midfield, I don’t think you can play Silva and Nasri. If you play Dzeko and Aguero, I don’t think you can play Yaya and a partner in midfield. If you play Nasri and Silva, I don’t think you can play the other two pairings, which is why, I believe, Pellegrini left Agüero out in Munich.

I think he recognises that the physical capacity and/or age of the team is a looming problem for him, and that he can no longer play all of them in the same side.

His points touching on FFP are the most important here. Their fine going to teams in the CL is an absolute fucking joke. Punishing the nouveau riche by giving their cash to the old money. Superb.

I agree that Mansour should be able to provide a guarantee/bond to say that if he leaves then he will not saddle the club with everything that the club 'owes' him.

If someone wants to be a pure benefactor without saddling the club with debt then ok. Even if that does somewhat distort competition where Mansour's concerned.

Zabojnik

Can't wait for the match on Sunday

Rizzoli is reffing, and I believe he was the fourth official in that match :p

Matri's cancelled goal in the next match was onside never forget

It's tomorrow, fade-chan, not on Sunday!

If Parma - Milan is anything to go by, we might not be so lucky this time, lol. C'e' voglia di Milan nell'aria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom