• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was letting you win :p #GentlemensClub

:lol I'm sure.

I just got an exotic bounty after you left. Prepare yourself for a shotgun to the face.

invective-1024x576.jpg

Neville is right. The spine of this City team Kompany/Toure/Silva are squarely in their prime or at the tail end of their prime. They're not getting any better without a dramatic infusion of talent, which FFP precludes.

Mangala and Fernando are good places to start, but it's not enough. Not when Chelsea pulled off Costa/Cesc/F. Luis by comparison.

Hixx

[19:30]__ Bordeaux vs Evian TG - beIN5, beIN13, Setanta Ireland__
[19:45]__ Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - BT Spot 1, beIN6, SportsNet World__
[20:00]__ Elche vs Eibar - beIN2, Sky Sports 5__

dwgirIQ.png

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
[19:30]__ Bordeaux vs Evian TG - beIN5, beIN13, Setanta Ireland__
[19:45]__ Partick Thistle vs St Mirren - BT Spot 1, beIN6, SportsNet World__
[20:00]__ Elche vs Eibar - beIN2, Sky Sports 5__

dwgirIQ.png
Yeah I know what you mean man, I'm fiending for some football right now. It's not often I'm up at this time on Fridays and there's usually a decent Bundesliga or Ligue-1 match on Friday. Nothing but junk today though.

Haha yeah, seems that way. She plays for my alma mater who is one of the best women's programs in the US and is on the USWNT U-23 team.

nice.

not a huge fan of the women's game but i always root for Kelley O'Hara to do well. even though she went to our rival high school. :0

Meier

City has made a concerted effort to lower their wage bill and a big chunk of it last time was from the Mancini buy-out (over £20m across him and the rest of the staff). The 13/14 accounts will be down from 12/13 quite a bit due to this but I imagine the 14/15 will show it's back under £200m and closer to Arsenal's figure. None of the new signings from the past 2 seasons have been on more than £100k a week.

Yen

Took a notion of playing MGS3. My last save was just before the Fury boss battle. All MGS bosses make me poo myself

bud

Embarrassing when you consider the difference in quality between the two squads.

arsenal have been on a downward slope for years now--and spending big on players isn't going to change that. the game against dortmund once again showed that arsenal are no longer a top team.

arsenal are depressing. not because they won't be winning anything this season, but because they're playing some truly awful football--and it's been like that for years. and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make the top 4 this season.

of course i want them to win the champions league and/or the premier league, but if that's not happening, then i'd at least like them to play some proper football. that's the arsenal i grew up with.

but it's been years since arsenal were a consistently aesthetic side to watch.

the right back is injured, the only cb replacement is a 19-year-old southampton player, the left back is always injured and his replacement is a spaniard who can't even defend, arteta or flamini are playing in front of the defence which is sensationally tragic, ozil is slowly dying and he's being abused on the wings, giroud's replacement is has a hard time playing football and can't finish; this is all even depressing when you consider that arsenal pay more in wages than chelsea, and yet are nowhere near them in terms of competing for the pl/cl.

last year's dortmund game was similar to this year's, btw. except they somehow managed to win.

Why do you, Hitch and Diablo keep getting legendary items, whilst I get the rare :*(

Gonna play some crucible matches now and try to get my rank up to 2.

Don't worry, I haven't got it yet. :p

I need to do 5 Strikes without dying, the Weekly Strike again, and a bunch of other shit.

Didn't Woody say United's wage bill would be down 9% or some shit this year.

Arsenal are now the PLs highest paying team.

What a time to be alive.

Arnie

First thing Brendan did when he arrived was cut the wage bill massively.

We had some real shite on there, though. Fucking Joe Cole and Charlie Adam. Man alive.

Had a gash week. Feel gash. Head is in a swamp. Going to walk to Chicken Cottage and buy some disgusting fried thing and eat it watching Skyfall. Fuck you, life. Fuck you.

Liverpool better win tomorrow or I'll be slamming eight furious laps of Tooting Common.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I suppose you could do a lot worse than A Walk Among the Tombstones. :lol

A noir movie with (a surprisingly mild mannered) Liam Neeson as a private investigator

arsenal have been on a downward slope for years now--and spending big on players isn't going to change that. the game against dortmund once again showed that arsenal are no longer a top team.

arsenal are depressing. not because they won't be winning anything this season, but because they're playing some truly awful football--and it's been like that for years. and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make the top 4 this season.

of course i want them to win the champions league and/or the premier league, but if that's not happening, then i'd at least like them to play some proper football. that's the arsenal i grew up with.

the right back is injured, the only cb replacement is a 19-year-old southampton player, the left back is always injured and his replacement is a spaniard who can't even defend, arteta or flamini are playing in front of the defence which is sensationally tragic, ozil is slowly dying and he's being abused on the wings, giroud's replacement is has a hard time playing football and can't finish; this is all even depressing when you consider that arsenal pay more in wages than chelsea, and yet are nowhere near them in terms of competing for the pl/cl.

last year's dortmund game was similar to this year's, btw. except they somehow managed to win.

one of the saddest posts in Footygaf's history. A bud post devoid of humour and sexual innuendo, his pain is palpable. :(

welcome back bb <3

Esch

Banned

G4CBEDA.gif

Arnie

I wish I had that freedom still. :(

I do and I don't.

In that, sure, it'd be boss to spend the day in my kecks playing PS4 and not caring about a single thing in the world but it'd also grow tiring after a couple of days.

Responsibility keeps me busy which in turn keeps me moving forwards. Without it I'd be a shell of a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom