• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

Wenger tried his traditional strategy which didnt work out anymore in recent times..

Then he went for the transfer orgy in the last 2 years. Doesn't seem to work either.

I wonder how he will fix this team. His formula and strategy. His philosophy.

WJD

Finally moving down south for my new job tomorrow. Scary as fuck.

Living in temporary accom for 5 weeks (in the form of an old as fuck house with awful decor) before moving into a houseshare with a pair of absolute fitness fiends (they might aswell be carved out of marble).

New job starts monday.

Don't know if I'm ready for the real world.

The new FIFA will be my constant

10_tv_episodes_lost.jpg

Kikarian

Living in temporary accom for 5 weeks (in the form of an old as fuck house with awful decor) before moving into a houseshare with a pair of absolute fitness fiends (they might aswell be carved out of marble).

New job starts monday.

10_tv_episodes_lost.jpg
I know LOST is a mind fuck and all that, but no need to post twice.

Lightning

Banned
Given that your highest earners probably aren't earning past the £200k p/w point, it stands to reason that there some fucking average players earning big wages in your side.
Players are earning more than you think they are earning. Özil is earning 200K a week at Arsenal after bonuses. He and Sanchez are by far earning more than others but we have a blanket problem. Podolski, Cazorla, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey all earn over 100k upwards as well and Koscielny, Mertesacker were very close to it if not breaching it as well from what I've read.

There's a lot of quality in that Arsenal team it's just the balance is all fucked up. You have decent earners like Rosciky and Podolski not getting a game while Arteta and Flamini who are on very good wages also milk it when none of them should be at the club anymore. Let's be honest, you take Podolski out and give all that money to Schneiderlin and you take Rosciky out and give his money to any decent CB, say Schar or whatever that dudes name is and you increase the quality by a lot without adding to the bills.

Wenger's got this silly obsession with attacking players but all of a similar quality and none world class. Rosciky, Campbell, Podolski, Walcott, Chamberlain, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Cazorla. Özil all cover 3 positions while our dm and CB's suffer. That's Arsenal's problem along with Wenger's tactics thinking we can play the same way against Dortmund, City, Chelsea as we do against Crystal Palace and get the same result. All the ingredients are there at Arsenal, just lacking a chef to use them.

Esch

Banned
Wenger's got this silly obsession with attacking players but all of a similar quality and none world class. Rosciky, Campbell, Podolski, Walcott, Chamberlain, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Cazorla. Özil all cover 3 positions while our dm and CB's suffer. That's Arsenal's problem along with Wenger's tactics thinking we can play the same way against Dortmund, City, Chelsea as we do against Crystal Palace and get the same result. All the ingredients are there at Arsenal, just lacking a chef to use them.

Well then are you saying that Wenger needs to retire?

If so, fair enough....

Linius

How are these fut streams popular? I don't get it. Even watching real gameplay gets boring after a given time.

EDIT

Wait what, hairy poophole just donated a dollar.

How are these fut streams popular? I don't get it. Even watching real gameplay gets boring after a given time.

EDIT

Wait what, hairy poophole just donated a dollar.

4000 people watching someone open up packs of digital cards that they do nothing with.

Clicked through the top 10 Fifa 15 streams, 3 of the 10 were gameplay, and this one (http://www.twitch.tv/verniqr) had Polish kid's music streaming overtop. This is how the world ends.

Linius

Those guys went with the times. We didn't. We just post on GAF.

To be fair. I wish I had that vision that people would be in to this shit. Watching other people play games.

I mean these folks have subscribers who play a few dollars per month. They get one time donations trough paypal. The popular ones make a decent living of it. The universe man.

Scum

arsenal have been on a downward slope for years now--and spending big on players isn't going to change that. the game against dortmund once again showed that arsenal are no longer a top team.

arsenal are depressing. not because they won't be winning anything this season, but because they're playing some truly awful football--and it's been like that for years. and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they didn't make the top 4 this season.

of course i want them to win the champions league and/or the premier league, but if that's not happening, then i'd at least like them to play some proper football. that's the arsenal i grew up with.

but it's been years since arsenal were a consistently aesthetic side to watch.

the right back is injured, the only cb replacement is a 19-year-old southampton player, the left back is always injured and his replacement is a spaniard who can't even defend, arteta or flamini are playing in front of the defence which is sensationally tragic, ozil is slowly dying and he's being abused on the wings, giroud's replacement is has a hard time playing football and can't finish; this is all even depressing when you consider that arsenal pay more in wages than chelsea, and yet are nowhere near them in terms of competing for the pl/cl.

last year's dortmund game was similar to this year's, btw. except they somehow managed to win.

Can't believe the old man passed up the chance to bring Cesc back.

Labadal

I just killed Gaal in Baldur's Gate II. He was talking a lot of shit, so it had to be done. He felt a little bit like the real Gaal. He was crazy and stuff like that.

I couldn't :(
Cos you have too much work or cos you need to be there 5 days a week to offer a service?

What I mean is that I would rather work 2 hours more a day and then have a Friday off. Obviously it wouldn't work because people expect to be able to get in touch 5 day a week lalala cos that's the system.

But yeah, 4/3 would just be wonderful.

Neil Lennon just said he'd be up for taking the Cardiff City job. No idea if that's a good thing or not?

Is he rated as a manager? Or did he just maintain the status quo at Celtic as a big fish in a small pond?

Neil Lennon just said he'd be up for taking the Cardiff City job. No idea if that's a good thing or not?

Is he rated as a manager? Or did he just maintain the status quo at Celtic as a big fish in a small pond?

There's a rumour Vinny T wants a clause in the next managers contract that he gets to have a say in team selection.

You heard anything?

Batongen

Banned

New job starts monday.

10_tv_episodes_lost.jpg

Where you moving to, London?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom