• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
The Shield eventually started to blur all together around Season 4 for me, but that Season 1 ending is the GOAT.

Wilbur

Banned
THE WIRE: 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 1

INDIANA JONES: 1 > 2 > 3 >>>>> 4

MEMBERS: Hixx >>>>>>>> dean > Cola

OTHER: being sunburnt and then beaten with a giant fucking wooden dildo > the da Vinci code

FootballFan

THE WIRE: 3 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 1

INDIANA JONES: 1 > 2 > 3 >>>>> 4

MEMBERS: Hixx >>>>>>>> dean > Cola

OTHER: being sunburnt and then beaten with a giant fucking wooden dildo > the da Vinci code

kcXF8t9.jpg

Zabojnik

Milan's in the aaaaaaaaaaaaair, papapapapapa, Milan's in the airrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I'm calling it: 2-0 (El Shaa, PenaltyForMilan)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
(real) DERBY DAAAAY

The Wire S4 is the definition of overrated and Marlo is a fucking awful comic book villain. Don't give me that 'but it just proves that ANYONE can control the streets even kids with lollipops', no it doesn't.

give me back my Stringer Bell.

tumblr_m3exth8l5d1rrs6nsus.jpg

Zabojnik

I killed a spider yesterday in the most sadistic way. I trapped it in an empty can of Pringles and shaked it until the spider's legs came off. I feel incredibly bad about it now. I'm the real monster. :(

GorillaJu

(real) DERBY DAAAAY

The Wire S4 is the definition of overrated and Marlo is a fucking awful comic book villain. Don't give me that 'but it just proves that ANYONE can control the streets even kids with lollipops', no it doesn't.

give me back my Stringer Bell.

tumblr_m3exth8l5d1rrs6nsus.jpg

Yurt stahp. You're missing the point.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan vs Juve this year is more than just Milan vs Juve.
Why? Because the match at the Giuseppe Meazza will be the third time that Inzaghi and Allegri have clashed – only this time it’s the first time it happens on a football pitch.

Although the initial fallout is believed to be a training ground argument in September 2012 when the newly retired Inzaghi was experiencing his first month as youth Coach at the Rossoneri, the discord between the former Milan Coach and the current one goes back to the final season of Pippo’s playing days.

In the 2011-12 season, Inzaghi was essentially ostracised from the team, playing few meaningful minutes all year.

That anger seemed to spill over into the following September in what became a notorious spat – Allegri reportedly goading Inzaghi, Gazzetta dello Sport reporting that the former Cagliari tactician asked if the then 39-year-old wanted his job.

“Sure, I’ll take it and do even better,” the former forward allegedly replied.

What followed was an altercation that involved Inzaghi calling his former coach an ‘amateur’, criticising his training methods and style in front of a group of young players. The two made peace in front of Milan Channel cameras after a hasty meeting with Rossoneri senior management, but the confrontation will no doubt be a motivator for both Coaches, now equals in their professions.

For Inzaghi, in just his third match as a Coach of senior players, the Juventus match-up is a chance to prove himself against a club that famously cast him aside for David Trezeguet in 2001, coached by a man who doubted his impact as both a player and a tactician.

However, perhaps most importantly, it is an opportunity to show that what was once said on a training ground just under two years ago was more than just a joke. It was a promise.
tumblr_nc31w4jpAC1s0szs2o1_500.gif

Yurt stahp. You're missing the point.
I always do :lol
I killed a spider yesterday in the most sadistic way. I trapped it in an empty can of Pringles and shaked it until the spider's legs came off. I feel incredibly bad about it now. I'm the real monster. :(

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

and I ran over a cat (or was it Carbonox? I'm not sure)

NOW WE ARE GOING TO LOSE
and we're going to hell, but I'm not sure which one is worse? Probably losing

dc89

Holy shit. The two new MGS V vids have just tipped me into overhype mode.

FFXV demo looked amazing too but damn, it's all about MGS for me right now.

DBT85

Just flown from Gatwick to Murcia in Spain. A kid kicks the back of my seat all the way. I dared to asked the dad if he could stop him from doing it.

"it's EasyJet, what do you expect" he says.
You can try controlling him if you like heh" she says.

Cunts.

Salazar

Just flown from Gatwick to Murcia in Spain. A kid kicks the back of my seat all the way. I dared to asked the dad if he could stop him from doing it.

"it's EasyJet, what do you expect" he says.
You can try controlling him if you like heh" she says.

Cunts.

This is a Cola post

Maybe Cola is a state of mind, a way of being

bud23

Real Madrid's debt grows 11.3% to 602 million euros

The debt level at the club has grown by 61 million over the 541 million euros of last year.

The majority of the money owed is short-term debt. Income is only up 5%.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/09/20/english/1411200650_288051.html

Fly Emirates to take naming rights to the Santiago Bernabéu

Three names are being considered: Fly Emirates Santiago Bernabéu, Fly Emirates Bernabéu or Bernabéu Fly Emirates.

Madrid have been listening to offers for the naming rights to the Santiago Bernabéu with the idea to use the money received to finance the planned redevelopment of the ground (currently put on hold by a Madrid court).

In fact the club’s debt level is so high they have been unable to obtain financing from the banks, who look at whether to provide loans based on a series of ratios calculated from the company’s accounts.

http://as.com/diarioas/2014/09/20/english/1411202194_596572.html

Joke club indeed.

:(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
MGSV will probably be great, but I wish we had a tight, linear experience back. MGS2 tanker-style.
yeah seriously, I don't like this whole open world idea. It's great to showcase the engine but I don't want another Far Cry meets RDR. It'll essentially boil down to "point A ---> point B. Call helicopter --> go to base to fuck around" rinse and repeat, like always.

Gambit

yeah seriously, I don't like this whole open world idea. It's great to showcase the engine but I don't want another Far Cry meets RDR. It'll essentially boil down to "point A ---> point B. Call helicopter --> go to base to fuck around" rinse and repeat, like always.

absolutely. And after a while of sneaking around, I usually just end up running straight through the enemies till I reach the next check-point for a cutscene. I find the open world more limiting than a tightly designed linear experience.

Blablurn

I still want the OnePlus One. But everything sounds bad about it. Bad repair service. Software problems. Yellow Tint on many screens.

Tc91

Just turned Soccer AM on when I turned my TV on and Ashley Young was talking to Tubes.

He said one of the best jokes they did was when Shinji was leaving the other day he had some naughty shoes and Young and Fletcher looked at each other and when he wasn't in the room they cut the laces up on the shoes, rearranged them to look normal. He tried to tie them up and they fell apart in his hands.

So basically United-bros we need to find Young and shit in his mouth cause he bullied Shinji into leaving. Imagine what else they did to him?! ;_; Fucking arsehole.

Marc

Thinking West Ham v Liverpool will be a good game today, otherwise the fixtures look a bit dull.

The Shield > The Wire

I've been on that train for years now.

Really? Really?

The Shield goes from pure shit to greatness, but does it randomly and completely inconsistent. Such a up and down show.

The Wire on the overhand is god-tier, still don't think there is another show that is on its level. The depth and scope is insane but in a way that you don't even realise.

She's beautiful.

P.S - I am starting Dark Souls.
https://vine.co/v/OW97qZLE7Q0

Played demon souls? Otherwise you may struggle with how it all works like I did so ask masters in here for aid.

If you're new I would recommend
shooting arrows at a dragons tail when you see it. I learnt from Demon Souls that as long as you can hit it, you can profit.

MGSV looks amazing but getting too overexposed now, I need to reign in hype levels after Watch Dogs raping my senses. As others said, it may just be the usual go from point A to point B. Real fine line between having a brilliant open world and a shitty one.

EmiPrime

Just turned Soccer AM on when I turned my TV on and Ashley Young was talking to Tubes.

He said one of the best jokes they did was when Shinji was leaving the other day he had some naughty shoes and Young and Fletcher looked at each other and when he wasn't in the room they cut the laces up on the shoes, rearranged them to look normal. He tried to tie them up and they fell apart in his hands.

So basically United-bros we need to find Young and shit in his mouth cause he bullied Shinji into leaving. Imagine what else they did to him?! ;_; Fucking arsehole.

Banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom