• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT5| Place for normal, legit banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Now I'm kinda tempted to start Dark Souls as well. Never got very far, might as well try this time.

I wrote it off and ended up liking it a lot, I am not nutty about it like most Dark Souls fans though. I am not a fan of emergent storytelling personally, although the DLC part is better on this front (and my favourite bit of the game).

Would recommend Demon Souls first personally, the gameplay is harder but after the first few hours of confusion the way to 'beat' the game is a lot more clear.

Yurt - He would say that.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anchorman 2 or Wolf of Wall Street?

I have a Dr App and need to choose one to watch in wait

LTWheels

If you have an Xbox One with a Kinnect, buy D4:Dark Dreams Don't Die. It's like only £11. Basically a Telltale style game, but it actually has way more of a game than the Walking Dead etc.

L1NETT

No Troy Deeney for Watford today

So they are captained by.....Heurelho Gomes

Cherris XI/Boruc, Francis, Cook, Elphick, Harte, Arter, O'Kane, Surman, Stanislas, Ritchie, Wilson.

Ugh, looks like I missed something. How come the European championships for football and handball in 2020 are going to be hosted ....all over the place? I know they're going to extend the team numbers, but that's it?

dc89

Played demon souls? Otherwise you may struggle with how it all works like I did so ask masters in here for aid.

If you're new I would recommend
shooting arrows at a dragons tail when you see it. I learnt from Demon Souls that as long as you can hit it, you can profit.

Nope, I asked in here which one should I play having never played them before. Dark Souls was the consensus.

the lack of music and noise on that start screen freaked me out. It's not as cheery as KH1.5

Demon's is fantastic but Dark is a better game in pretty much every dimension except NPCs and maybe atmosphere/mood.

The NPC's I've met so far have been creepy. Just completed the tutorial and got to the next area. The boss smashed me a few times but once I got hang of it - I smashed him right back with my sword and shield.

Linius

Ugh, looks like I missed something. How come the European championships for football and handball in 2020 are going to be hosted ....all over the place? I know they're going to extend the team numbers, but that's it?

It's just something new the Uefa want to try. For the supporters as they say.

L1NETT

I think it's summat to do, or at least the excuse is, with the 60th birthday or some similar twaddle

More realistically done for the dollar and all the end results of this move is that it waters down the whole competition

rubs innit

L1NETT

Ugh, I can tell QPR are playing early, I can see Zamora (!?) shirts everywhere.

Even as a fan who supports a hipster lower league club like all the hipsters do nowadays, I can see it as a depressing moment in life when asked who you want on the back of your shirt.....the response is Bobby Zamora

Yikes

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The NPC's I've met so far have been creepy. Just completed the tutorial and got to the next area. The boss smashed me a few times but once I got hang of it - I smashed him right back with my sword and shield.
YES DANNY BOY!

how did that make you feel?

0Vdmngx.gif

you want more?

M0giVUb.gif

I think it's summat to do, or at least the excuse is, with the 60th birthday or some similar twaddle

More realistically done for the dollar and all the end results of this move is that it waters down the whole competition

rubs innit

How is hosting it in several countries going to water the competition down? Genuine question, I can't really think of any reasons. Of course having so many teams in it, as is going to be the case will though.

Of course the real reason is money though.

Batongen

Banned
Even as a fan who supports a hipster lower league club like all the hipsters do nowadays, I can see it as a depressing moment in life when asked who you want on the back of your shirt.....the response is Bobby Zamora

Yikes

I had Robbie Keane on my Liverpool shirt; worst decision ever :(

Arnie

Not overly optimistic about West Ham today.

They've started the season better than anyone expected and we've gone the other way. Really wish Can was fit so we didn't have to play Gerrard at DM. If he was sluggish and ignoring his runner on Tuesday then he'll be even less motivated to track in his third game this week.

Massive game for Balotelli.

Arnie

I had a Torres shirt once.

Was my favourite shirt for a time. I remember playing five-a-side in it on the day he left. I was a shell. Couldn't do anything. It'd lost its power.

Never worn it again.

RIP Fernando.

Oh. I see.

Lame.

And now the atmosphere will be gone too. And fans who would normally time their holiday for these events are fucked too, unless they're going to cover expenses like traveling between Budapest, Rome and London...

L1NETT

How is hosting it in several countries going to water the competition down? Genuine question, I can't really think of any reasons. Of course having so many teams in it, as is going to be the case will though.

Of course the real reason is money though.

Why stop at Europe

Lets have one game in Dubai. Maybe another in Japan. One in Texas for the American market.

As per usual all this move hurts is the normal fan, who probably won't be able to see any games unless they are Quiche and can afford a jet to fly about. Also, adding more teams will just decrease the quality. Not really a tournament, more a cirque du soleil like touring show.

It's just become a travelling circus driven by politics and money.

---

Oh and here is the Watford team.
Gomes (GK) (c); Paredes, Ekstrand, Tamas, Pudil; Abdi, Tozser, Murray; Anya, Vydra, Dyer.

I'm glad he's playing regularly, I don't know why we kept him chained up in Levy's basement for 3 years.

Watford also had Alumnia

I think they are seeing if they get North London's worst ever goalkeeper to play for them

What's Kasey Keller up to?

Oh. I see.

Lame.

And now the atmosphere will be gone too. And fans who would normally time their holiday for these events are fucked too, unless they're going to cover expenses like traveling between Budapest, Rome and London...

There will be more than enough to fill those up I'm sure, and the group stage matches will have a better atmosphere than ever being played in the country, of one of the actual teams playing.

Why stop at Europe

Lets have one game in Dubai. Maybe another in Japan. One in Texas for the American market.

As per usual all this move hurts is the normal fan, who probably won't be able to see any games unless they are Quiche and can afford a jet to fly about. Also, adding more teams will just decrease the quality. Not really a tournament, more a cirque du soleil like touring show.

It's just become a travelling circus driven by politics and money.

Now you're just being silly. Lets stop at Europe because you know... It's the euros. And this got the complete opposite effect for me, it actually makes it affordable to go to one of these matches, seeing as the teams qualifying that also got a host stadium, is secured playing at least a few matches there. So don't have to travel to another country, overpay for hotels and get ripped off in some city that turned up prices for the euros.

Marc

MARC! Good to see you again buddy!

they're all good.

Yo Yurt, how are things?

Waiting on Dark Souls 2 for PS4, sounds like they are considering it now... easy cash innit.

Nope, I asked in here which one should I play having never played them before. Dark Souls was the consensus.

Fair enough, the general enemies were easier to me but the bosses were harder IMO. Swings and roundabouts, they're not really related so wouldn't miss much.

Sounds like you started better than I did on Demons. :D Enjoy your descent into madness. :)

I agree with FF though, think Demons was the better game. I think [Dark Souls spoiler ahead]
the end boss being so lame for Dark and the ending being a bit abrupt soured the experience for me too much. Left me feeling... hollow. Herugh heugh ha ha snort

Plus that opening cutscene for Demon's got me pumped for every playthrough.

I started Boardwalk after it came up here the other day. Thought it was a good a reason as any to start.

I didn't know it's based on real people.

Do I need to read up about them/the period?

Batongen

Banned
I had a Torres shirt once.

Was my favourite shirt for a time. I remember playing five-a-side in it on the day he left. I was a shell. Couldn't do anything. It'd lost its power.

Never worn it again.

RIP Fernando.

Yep, only use your own names from now on. When I left my previous job last year my colleagues gave me two Liverpool shirts - one with my first name and one titled 'The Swede' - it's a good thing I'm not going to change my citizenship any time soon ;)

L1NETT

I started Boardwalk after it came up here the other day. Thought it was a good a reason as any to start.

Based on a book by Nelson summat and Enoch Johnson (who was a real geezer)

Pennywise

Not yet, you might wanna get some backround knowledge before you tackle the last season, it's necessary then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom