• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Some of this game has been pure amateur hour. Adna had a great chance to pass earlier and lost the ball. RVP has been a ghost, as has Di Maria. Valencia is terrible. Blind has given it away a few times.

DDG is too good for this team.

Rooney has been shite. He's given the ball away a couple of times in dangerous positions and has for some reason tried to ping a slow ball to Adnan somehow expecting Adnan to grow 6 inches and do a Fellaini chest down.

K1LLER7

We were actually playing okay when 11 v 11.

Just needed a better final ball.

Now we are fucked. 3-0 City.

Smalling, Jones and Evans. Dumbest set of CBs all in the same team ;_;

Meier

#meierwatch

Should have been another pen

#very#very#lucky
You guys think I'm exaggerating I guess. City deal with this every game. One to two penalties don't get called. And they're the kind of non-calls that make you shake your head..like, what are the refs doing? If Oliver somehow missed that, shouldn't the other refs be paying attention and doing their job?

DBT85

Odd, I thought Oliver was on City's side in that first half until that last decision.

I don't get wtf was Smalling thinking on his first yellow

You are a fucking CB

Goal Keeper is gonna kick the ball. You charge him down...a fucking center back.

He kicks the ball up field and you are completely out of position.

I don't think a CB in League two would think about charging down the GK

Sell that piece of shit. Don't even make him train. Tell him to sit at home.

Is there a rule saying you can't stand in front of a keeper when he kicks the ball? If so, why the fuck? The ball is still in play.

Was the second one a penalty? I couldn't really tell from the angle they showed, but I wasn't paying much attention. Need to see it again.

Been saying this for weeks. Jones Evans and Smalling need to go. McNair and Blackett should be playing so we can see how they develop.

iKBpSysTjmd9H.gif

You guys think I'm exaggerating I guess. City deal with this every game. One to two penalties don't get called. And they're the kind of non-calls that make you shake your head..like, what are the refs doing? If Oliver somehow missed that, shouldn't the other refs be paying attention and doing their job?

:lol

Nicktendo86

We were actually playing okay when 11 v 11.

Just needed a better final ball.

Now we are fucked. 3-0 City.

Smalling, Jones and Evans. Dumbest set of CBs all in the same team ;_;
We started well and if it wasn't for Rooney giving it away (as kid a said) we should have been up.

Wilbur

Banned

Every single game hahaha

Your persecution complex is astonishing

Is there a rule saying you can't stand in front of a keeper when he kicks the ball? If so, why the fuck?

Yes. You are impeding the play.

I personally think players who hold on to a ball or keep it from the attacking team after conceding a free-kick should be yellow carded. I want fast paced games.

DBT85

Yes. You are impeding the play.

I personally think players who hold on to a ball or keep it from the attacking team after conceding a free-kick should be yellow carded. I want fast paced games.

Nothing stopping the keeper throwing it over the player. Dumb rule.

I love how Fellaini gets in his face as he's rolling on the floor. Takes some balls to do that, should have tea-bagged him as well for extra effect.

One of them is going to capitulate this half, probably United.

Was the second one a penalty? I couldn't really tell from the angle they showed, but I wasn't paying much attention. Need to see it again.

Smashed through both of Toure's legs en route to the ball. Clear penalty, against referees view blocked. I question his positioning tbh, maybe it happened too fast but refs need to move quickly into space where they can see the ball, especially when it's in the box like that

Is there a rule saying you can't stand in front of a keeper when he kicks the ball? If so, why the fuck? The ball is still in play.
Because he was so close to the keeper I'm guessing the ref viewed it as trying to get the ball when it was in the keepers hands.
If it hadn't of gone to a Man Utd player he'd have probably gotten away with it.

Horse said United were improving.

i dannay man

Our defence is still full of errors. But I think we are improving, we were hardly terrible pre the Smalling sending off.

We'll obviously look unbelievably terrible with 10 men at the Etihad but then that's to be expected innit.

Why in the fuck do film adverts explicitly tell you that there's a twist in it?

Unless I misread and it was 'thriller with a twist' rather than 'with a thrilling twist'

I usually skip the NBC halftime programming because it's generally shit but I've been drinking a bit and didn't feel like moving about. I can't believe one of these Robbie fellas (there are two of them) just said the FIRST penalty shout, the one on Fellaini, didn't 'have enough contact' to be a penalty. Absolute fucking gibberish.

Nicktendo86

Our defence is still full of errors. But I think we are improving, we were hardly terrible pre the Smalling sending off.

We'll obviously look unbelievably terrible with 10 men at the Etihad but then that's to be expected innit.
If we had a strong PL experienced CB and Rafa fit we would be fine in this game.

It doesn't matter.

You are a center back.

You lost possession of the ball.

Get back to your position especially when in the past few minutes long balls have caused problems.

It is not Smalling's job to charge down the GK.

3Sixty

De Gea reminds me of myself.

Excellent shot stopper. Not great at the other stuff. Can't grow a real beard.

Brothers.

DBT85

It doesn't matter.

You are a center back.

You lost possession of the ball.

Get back to your position especially when in the past few minutes long balls have caused problems.

It is not Smalling's job to charge down the GK.

Not arguing that point at all.

The ball is in play, the keeper has plenty of options to get it away from you so I don;t understand why standing in front of him or jumping when he kicks it is a problem.

Also, the headbutt on the ref. wat.

Top Bottom