• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

DBT85

Well game over. I was expecting a loss at the start, and with Smalling being a cunt so early on I was expecting a spanking so 1-0 I'll take.

Carrick calmed the defence down, Di Maria needs a wake up, Shaw was good, Blind is slow.

City really should have been more comfortable and should have had a pen or two.

How can Di Maria's free kicks from near the corner be so good, but shift the ball 8 yards into the trident, and they become terrible?

Scared of flags.

Nicktendo86

Some positives bit my god we are nowhere near where we need to be. Di Maria's corners were awful, we could have nicked a point.

No idea who will play in defence next game.

K1LLER7

Go back to the diamond.

Get Falcao and Herrera back in the team.

Hope Rojo isn't out for the next game and play McNair at CB.

2 of the toughest games out the way. Team looking better. Now go on a run.

Jarnet87

Haha Blackett what? Have you not seen him play?

Yes he is very raw and has made mistakes but he can improve. Are Jones, Smalling, Evans ever going to get better or injury free? No.

Rooney does one good thing all game and then goes all Danny Welbeck with his finishing. How anyone can still call him world class is laughable.

Wilbur

Banned
And with a far easier opening set of fixtures, too

The difference being that I feel we're moving towards something instead of trying and failing to maintain a standard based on 'tradition'.

Played better today than we did in both derby games last season. Didn't play particularly well, but our passing and movement is just better.

Still only four points off fourth. I'm not unduly worried yet. Need to start picking up wins of course, but the same has to be said of yourselves and Arsenal (a 3-0 home win against Burnley masking a poor season so far in the short term).

Empty

city were there for the taking and a few sloppy performances and one braindead one lost us it.

fellaini our best player again. really like him in the brenton diamond.

Meier

Fair play to City but Chelsea will trot home with the league this season.
Thought that'd be the case and obviously the first 10 games or so has driven that point home. They're a step above -- if we can stay within a game or two though, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll drop some points here and there.

Gotta get the guys shooting again though. They all seem scared other than Sergio.

Bold One

ab00351bff5b0f346310fd34e09e9103c49bd8c1c882625e1df65c1c3a9d31b8.jpg

The difference being that I feel we're moving towards something instead of trying and failing to maintain a standard based on 'tradition'.

You should feel like that considering the amount of money spent. How many players did Moyes get again? Woodwards showed to have the negotiations skills of a FM beginner and failed everything except Fellani right at the end.

show me your ways, oh wooden one.

I just told you the way. It's that easy. DC does it too lol

Ashes

Banned
ManUtd is so shit this year despite the £150m spending spree.

Can't believe people aren't on Van Gaal like they were on Moyes last year.

Results are nigh dead on, but the difference in how we played against Chelsea and city now is worlds apart.

The injuries are just killing us this year.

GorillaJu

Played better today than we did in both derby games last season. Didn't play particularly well, but our passing and movement is just better.

Still only four points off fourth. I'm not unduly worried yet. Need to start picking up wins of course, but the same has to be said of yourselves and Arsenal (a 3-0 home win against Burnley masking a poor season so far in the short term).

No disagreements there. You guys moved the ball around much more efficiently than at any time under the Moyes era. There's actually purpose in how United play under Van Gaal. It's organized and much higher tempo.

All the teams that want in the top 4 need to improve drastically. I'm sure United will invest in January, Arsenal probably won't because they're Arsenal, but I think Liverpool could really benefit from a player or two in the winter window, more so than the other teams.

Wilbur

Banned
Poor game from two quite poor teams (so far this season).

Utd don't look like they had £150m+ spent on them.

Bear in mind two of our signings didn't play today and one got injured halfway through the match.

Another new back four today as well. Not making excuses but that is mad. Started with a new one, finished with another new one. We know how important settled back fours are and we haven't had the chance to do that at all.

Need a leader at the back, and need to avoid injuries and senseless sendings off.

Nicktendo86

I've said all along we will be gashand finding our way until Xmas before we kick on and I still believe that. The signs are there, we are getting better, but we need a strong centre back at least. And our injured players back.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Capoue starting

-_-

Soldado starting

0_o

If we don't win Poch is going to look very foolish.

Jarnet87

Vidic is dead now. McNair Thorpe is the future. Pls.

McNair Carrick is the immediate future. Jones still hurt, who the fuck knows whats going on with Evans. We all knew Carrick would be playing CB at some point, only took 3 months for it to happen and United had 1 midweek fixture so it's not like they can blame champions league games for injuries lol.

Liv/United conversations are tragic.

We used to laugh at this kind of desperation. Furiously scrummaging for some pride.

Feels bad man :(

Top Bottom