• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Wilbur

Banned
You should feel like that considering the amount of money spent. How many players did Moyes get again? Woodwards showed to have the negotiations skills of a FM beginner and failed everything except Fellani right at the end.

I just told you the way. It's that easy. DC does it too lol

Moyes spent 38 million on Mata and tried to fit him into a flat antiquated version of a 4-4-2. I have no faith that any of the signings he would have made would have been good enough or played well enough in his system.

confuziz

Banned
B1b7ZjaCQAAnlhN.jpg

amazing

elfinke

United weren't bad at all. down a man and still fought to hold City, by even coming close to score. I can't fault them, but yeah fuck Smalling

Yeah, it's 0230 Monday morning here and that's my takeaway from the game, which I still enjoyed sitting up for. Two of the silliest pieces of football you'll see by Smalling. Valencia (aside from being too square on in the leadup to the through ball that lead to the goal) had a pretty good game at right-back, probably the most assured player in the back line really, though Shaw was good too. Not that City really gave them much to do. Fellaini can feel alright about his game as well, bad shoulder/header aside.

It was a weird game in many ways, I haven't seen the ball carried through the centre third so nonchalantly - and slowly - as many times as it was in the first half, there was consistently space in there. ADM needs to run at players far more often, and work on his corners. And as to why Rooney didn't shoot at the end of his run, well, that's just in keeping with the rest of this odd match.

Thought that'd be the case and obviously the first 10 games or so has driven that point home. They're a step above -- if we can stay within a game or two though, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll drop some points here and there.

Gotta get the guys shooting again though. They all seem scared other than Sergio.

Yeah, I hope City get on a good run just to make a contest of it. Can't see Mourinho dropping too many easy points this season.

TeddyBoy

No disagreements there. You guys moved the ball around much more efficiently than at any time under the Moyes era. There's actually purpose in how United play under Van Gaal. It's organized and much higher tempo.

All the teams that want in the top 4 need to improve drastically. I'm sure United will invest in January, Arsenal probably won't because they're Arsenal, but I think Liverpool could really benefit from a player or two in the winter window, more so than the other teams.

Getting Origi and Wisdom back from their loans will help I think. That would let us move Skrtel to the bench and hopefully would mean we could move back to the diamond on a regular basis.

Valdes wouldn't hurt either.

Wilbur

Banned
Will and I are going to sit in a pub and wet willy Arnie as he gibbers on the ground while Hazard rounds Mig for his second of the game.

It's all going to be okay.

Liv/United conversations are tragic.

We used to laugh at this kind of desperation. Furiously scrummaging for some pride.

Feels bad man :(

I think they're fine as long as we accept that neither of us are anywhere near where we should be :p

Anything to distract us from our own shiteness innit. Mutually beneficial, if pointless and rather pathetic.

Getting Origi and Wisdom back from their loans will help I think. That would let us move Skrtel to the bench and hopefully would mean we could move back to the diamond on a regular basis.

Valdes wouldn't hurt either.

Valdes is ManUtd-bound, the money-grabbing fucking idiot.

Not sure what we need to do to get Origi back. Should leave Wisdom on loan unless we trust him to play CB, Flanagan and Manquillo is fine for RB options. Skrtel is better than Lovren as well, by a distance imo.

Clegg

City really did panic in the last 20. Makes it all the more frustrating that Unitef didn't really create that many chances. Suppose it's harder to when you've only 10 men but still....

We're probably a defender down for te forseeable again too.

K1LLER7

Expected to lose vs both Chelsea and City.

Got 1 point, 4 points off 4th after playing 2 of the best teams in the league.

Will take that.

10 points minimum from the next 4 games pls.

Palace
Arsenal
Hull
Stoke

Bold One

I really feel it will though. We are getting there, need our injured players back though.

without sounding defeatist, I think we played really well all things considering, last season went over there and shipped 4 goals.

thats why I aint mad, of course Smalling is an idiot, but we all knew this before kick-off

Will take that.

Palace
Arsenal
Hull
Stoke

Brilliant mentality to just ignore the opening 7 or so fixtures, which could hardly possibly have been more favourable :p

Will take that.

Palace
Arsenal
Hull
Stoke

What the fuck are you talking about.

You know it's bad times when you start talking like that.

It's simple. We have 13 points from 10 games. It's not good enough it's not even close to being good enough.

Wilbur

Banned
Thought the referee was terrible today, by the way.

Should have booked Hart.
Should have booked Zabaleta.
Probably Clichy too because he took Adnan down numerous times.

And should have given at least two penalties to City, probably a third.

Arnie

Will and I are going to sit in a pub and wet willy Arnie as he gibbers on the ground while Hazard rounds Mig for his second of the game.

It's all going to be okay.

ugh

fuck

Can just hear Michael Owen fucking wetting himself over Hazard now.

DBT85

Really needed to beat WBA.

And Leicester.

Thought the referee was terrible today, by the way.

Should have booked Hart.
Should have booked Zabaleta.
Probably Clichy too because he took Adnan down numerous times.

And should have given at least two penalties to City, probably a third.

As I said before, Hargreaves and Townsend only thought Yayas was a pen.

Top Bottom