• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Bold One

What the fuck are you talking about.

You know it's bad times when you start talking like that.

It's simple. We have 13 points from 10 games. It's not good enough it's not even close to being good enough.

No one is on the otherside of that point, but moving forward compared to how we were with Moyes, its an improvement. We need to kill off lesser teams.

K1LLER7

Let it sink in. You will love the ending by tomorrow.

Goat.
Going to play the Left Behind dlc.

@Killer, if you ever go on TLoU MP, give the thread a shout and I (maybe a few others as well) might jump in.
Will do m8 :)

Yep. Both of them far more composed than Smalling and Rojo.
Rojo did well. His best trait is his composure on the ball. Needs a better partner though. McNair isn't ready (lost Aguero for the goal), but he'll have to do for now.

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck are you talking about.

You know it's bad times when you start talking like that.

It's simple. We have 13 points from 10 games. It's not good enough it's not even close to being good enough.

Agreed on this.

It's games like the Leicester one, the Burnley one, the West Brom one, where I'm going to look back at the end of the season and think "fuck, points we should have won". That's seven right there.

Not to play "if my auntie had bollocks", but the Leicester game was genuinely mad. Should have won it, I can't believe we didn't. Burnley and WBA, we wasted huge opportunities.

We haven't been good enough, and we're extremely lucky that Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Liverpool have been equally as poor.

BTW what exactly is the rule regarding blocking a GK's kick.

That first booking Smalling got...as stupid as it was...I was watching it thinking - well, what's he really doing wrong here. He's blocking a path and the ball hasn't gone dead. It seems kind of weird you can't do that...

Maybe I just need a biscuit. Got them Sports ones. 50p from Asda. Decent.

No one is on the otherside of that point, but moving forward compared to how we were with Moyes, its an improvement. We need to kill off lesser teams.

So basically - it's as shit as last year but we all feel a bit better about it.

I don't exactly disagree but the scales are still firmly tipped towards unhappiness for me.

There's no aspect of it I would "take".

Thankfully I'm quite sure LVG agrees.

TeddyBoy

Valdes is ManUtd-bound, the money-grabbing fucking idiot.

Not sure what we need to do to get Origi back. Should leave Wisdom on loan unless we trust him to play CB, Flanagan and Manquillo is fine for RB options. Skrtel is better than Lovren as well, by a distance imo.

I want Wisdom to replace Skrtel at CB, I think he will do anyway next season so we're just doing it half a season early in my book.

Throw money at Lille to get Origi.

We'll probably replace Mignolet in the summer, it'll be a shame but it doesn't seem to be working for us.

Wilbur

Banned
ugh

fuck

Can just hear Michael Owen fucking wetting himself over Hazard now.

If that cunt's commentating I'll put the jukebox on

Going to play the Left Behind dlc.

Will do m8 :)

Rojo did well. His best trait is his composure on the ball. Needs a better partner though. McNair isn't ready (lost Aguero for the goal), but he'll have to do for now.

Not sure what to make of him really. Far too rash for my liking. Luiz/Koscielny/Lovren-like. His distribution and composure is nice, but he has no idea what he's doing sometimes.

The situation where he got injured could have been so easily avoided if he hadn't slid in like a maniac.

doicare

Yet another game that was already decided due to injuries before a ball was even kicked, it's getting beyond boring how every single game United have played this season they've had significantly more players injured than the team they're playing, it's the simple difference between winning and losing.

Scum

B1b7ZjaCQAAnlhN.jpg

lool

Man City should just leave the doors open

icIOoInZD1SkQ.png

Scum pls.

It's Villa.

'arry Kane will come off the bench and score 10 goals.

I've heard this one far too many times with lolspurs. :-(

Clegg

Zabaleta should've been sent off. But City should've had a pen so it evens itself out? Not really. Shite refereeing as per in the PL.

Next 5 games

PAL (H)
ARS (A)
HUL (H)
STK (H)
SOU (A)

We have to win 4 of these games. All 3 at home and either away at Arsenal or Saints.

No more excuses now. 10 games to bed in or whatever and all that shit. Now let's do something with it.

Wilbur

Banned
I just think that when you hire a man to do a job, he should be given enough time to do said job.

I'd agree based on the circumstances.

For instance, like I said earlier, van Gaal has got us playing with more purpose and composure than we ever did under Moyes. Valencia is playing better, Fellaini is playing better, Rafael is playing better. Our players are clearly learning something from his coaching.

The only players who I think played well last season - not in terms of stat padding cunts like Rooney - were Januzaj and De Gea. And eventually Moyes changed Adnan's play to something less effective, and De Gea has kept his standards up.

there was no progress or visual end game. Just trying to maintain something that was successful because our manager was Alex Ferguson.

confuziz

Banned
Next 5 games

PAL (H)
ARS (A)
HUL (H)
STK (H)
SOU (A)

We have to win 4 of these games. All 3 at home and either away at Arsenal or Saints.

No more excuses now. 10 games to bed in or whatever and all that shit. Now let's do something with it.

Pelle and Tadic are going to destroy you and you know it.

elfinke

BTW what exactly is the rule regarding blocking a GK's kick.

That first booking Smalling got...as stupid as it was...I was watching it thinking - well, what's he really doing wrong here. He's blocking a path and the ball hasn't gone dead. It seems kind of weird you can't do that...

Maybe I just need a biscuit. Got them Sports ones. 50p from Asda. Decent.

Offences committed against goalkeepers
• It is an offence for a player to prevent a goalkeeper from releasing the ball
from his hands
• A player must be penalised for playing in a dangerous manner if he kicks or
attempts to kick the ball when the goalkeeper is in the process of releasing
it
• It is an offence to restrict the movement of the goalkeeper by unfairly
impeding him, e.g. at the taking of a corner kick

Page ~121 of the FIFA laws of the game guidebook. I've got a collection of the damn things!

Bold One

So basically - it's as shit as last year but we all feel a bit better about it.

I don't exactly disagree but the scales are still firmly tipped towards unhappiness for me.

There's no aspect of it I would "take".

Thankfully I'm quite sure LVG agrees.

Not the point I was making. There is confidence in the team and amongst supporters that it will get better, youre making it sound like the Etihad is a happy hunting ground.

When you take into consideration all our injuries, it becomes clear that it is the difference between loosing and winning

We played better against city with 10 men than we did all last season is the point I am making, not saying you can't be unhappy, I'm not happy either.

Wilbur

Banned
Next 5 games

PAL (H)
ARS (A)
HUL (H)
STK (H)
SOU (A)

Agreed. Need at least 11 points from that. Two draws from the away games or at least a win.

Not the point I was making. There is confidence in the team and amongst supporters that it will get better, youre making it sound like the Etihad is a happy hunting ground.

We played better against city with 10 men than we did all last season is the point I am making, not saying you can't be unhappy, I'm not happy either.

Just gimme a hug m8.

I want Wisdom to replace Skrtel at CB, I think he will do anyway next season so we're just doing it half a season early in my book.

Throw money at Lille to get Origi.

We'll probably replace Mignolet in the summer, it'll be a shame but it doesn't seem to be working for us.

We need Origi regardless, even if Sturridge comes back firing he'll get injured again, and Balotelli is an incompetent goon when he's up front on his own. Barely worth talking about Lambert and Borini.

Wisdom has never played CB since leaving our reserves I think, for Derby, West Brom, or us. We should have played him there in preseason, and had him replace Toure if he was good there in hindsight. Would probably have got enough minutes between RB and CB this season if we'd done that. As things stand, he's at West Brom getting experience in a position we don't really need him in, and just hoping that he can shift back to CB at some point. I'm quite hopeful, he has the attributes to play there.

Hopefully he can avoid the injuries that destroyed Kelly's chances of becoming our centreback, a few year's ago he was well on track to becoming a defensive mainstay for us :(

We need to improve on Mignolet for a keeper who does what we need a keeper to do. Deal with crosses to a good standard, and be comfortable with a starting position closer to the edge of the box than his line, so we can play a higher defensive line. I'd be happy enough with Mig being second choice, but I doubt he would.

Clegg

Rooney should've shot at the end of that run. Best thing he's done in ages. Instead the shithouse dived for a penalty.

I think you guys are underestimating Southampton and Arsenal.
It's not about underestimating.

We need to be good enough to go and win there. That's the level we need to be at. Neither team is so good that it's something you can't expect. We're not going to be playing against a Bayern Munich.

Init mate.

Pelle vs Rojo.

#YesPlease

Doesn't sound like Rojo is playing any football anytime soon.

Top Bottom