• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Diablos54

What a joke of a selection from Rodgers. You wouldn't see any other English team do something like this (Unless they had already qualified), and especially not against Real Fucking Madrid!

Why would it be?

Arsenal, City and Chelsea don't do this despite playing multiple games in a week.

Because it's clear already that we don't have a squad capable of mixing and matching, since we fucked up so badly in the summer. The squad is full of shit who can't be trusted to play to a half-decent standard.

We either carry on doing what we've been doing as our entire season implodes, or we try and go back to having a first 11 and keeping them fit for every PL game. Our squad is so shit, Rodgers has clearly decided that he's had to choose between going all-in for 3rd/4th, or fighting on all fronts regardless of any realistic thoughts of where we're likely to pick up results, and he's gone for the former. Clearly he's at huge fault for putting us in that position in the first place, but he's now rolling with the punches he's opened us up to. Maybe it'll fail spectacularly, but thus far we've been randomly flailing our arms around.

I can't believe I'm actually considering buying GTA5 again.

Imagine if you tell a PC game you're paying $60 for a high res and fps mod
Zh1RrNj.png

They would probably pay $100 to upgrade their graphic card to run the high res mod
cHNjGdP.png

My god. This match is going to fuck Liverpool over hard. Their goal difference is going to be crap and they're going to end up in the Europa League.

We're doing it because it's head-to-head. Simple as that. If it was goal difference, there's no way we'd just roll over like this before a ball's been kicked.

Meier

Good luck, Pool fans. They still have a decent chance to go through even if they get absolutely dicked. Just have to win the last two games and hope the results go their way.

I think I put Koke as my captain today instead of Ronaldo.. bummer.

We have to do what we have to do, Chelsea is more important.

More important? How? We will be lucky to finish 20 points behind chelsea this season win, lose or draw. Its far more important to show respect to your club, your FANS! And fuck me he just compered Real to swansea!!!! Sack this cunt

jtb

Banned
Do you think we'd have avoided a twatting if we put out our strongest available team?

oh god no

I actually don't mind the selection (I wish Wenger would play the kids more for the league cup and the early rounds of the FA cup). you won't get anything against Chelsea, but that has nothing to do with rest and everything to do Chelsea simply being far better. the real worry is coming 3rd in the group. 2nd is fine, 4th is even better but if you qualify for the Europa League, you will not qualify for the champions league next season, period. No margin for error.

bjaelke

More important? How? We will be lucky to finish 20 points behind chelsea this season win, lose or draw. Its far more important to show respect to your club, your FANS! And fuck me he just compered Real to swansea!!!! Sack this cunt

Please tell me you're a joke alt-account.

Esch

Banned

This username/rage level combination is absolutely sensational

OneTwoTee

Banned
Our strongest possible side was done over by Newcastle at the weekend. We're going to get battered either way, so I'd rather focus on the Chelsea game.

TeddyBoy

We need all the points we can get in the league, even a point against Chelsea would be something towards that goal.

Wilbur

Banned

absolutely

sensational

Top Bottom