• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

The plan is to have our key players at 95% fitness against Chelsea, rather than 90%

That 5% has been judged important enough to forfeit this match in the face of the fact that we'd have almost certianly lost anyway, and it's head-to-head rather than goal difference

You are not winning against Chelsea either (or chances are very slim...like same as a win against RM)

so...

give the travelling fans a proper show

That Liverpool selection looool

Bit annoyed with that really, what has Campbell got to do to get a game?

Not just him. Poldi was amazing when he came on v Burnley, and Rosicky could do with stretching his legs before the November/December fixture pile-up.

Oh well.

Plasma

Banned
Campbell can piss off. Not impressed whenever he's played, albeit only 2 chances he's had? Doesn't matter. We need to win this, no time for Campbell.

He wasn't that good against Southampton but in his sub appearances he's come on and looked a handful, deserves a shot and should at least be on the bench.

Esch

Banned
I'd be very, very surprised if he doesn't do it tonight

:lol chin up m8, you can't very well expect a player to nab a brace off you can you?

EqleoMV.png

Lightning

Banned
He wasn't that good against Southampton but in his sub appearances he's come on and looked a handful, deserves a shot and should at least be on the bench.
Suppose we could give him some time to increase the fee we get for the impending January sale.

Rosciky should play though. He's proven but hardly had the chance this season. Poldi I have less sympathy for, he gets many chances and only takes a few.

Tubie

HALA MADRID!!!

Honestly if Liverpool plays good defense this could very well in a draw. We can have a bad night too and lose, nothings ever a 100% sure thing in football.

The end of Rodgers begins tonight, no matter what you can't go away to madrid and put out the b team.. Those travelling fans have been fucked over... We will still lose to chelsea anyway.... Shark faced gimp

Lightning

Banned
People being too harsh on Liverpool. This game is only a gain for them. No expectancy to win in, anything they get is a bonus, pl games and remaining 2 games against Basel and those other opponents are the games that matter for me.

Always great for morale to produce a performance against a team like madrid but not a priority.

jtb

Banned
I'd be fuming if I was a Liverpool fan.

Spent years trying to get back into the Champions League and basically throw the reserves on in one of the most important group matches and the most glamorous. Just because a result is unlikely doesn't mean you don't try.

Shocking, like.

seriously. I feel bad for the club; it's going to be their last big night in Europe for a few years, and Rodgers won't even give the fans something to cheer for.

One thing about our form is this.. We're relentless in our attitude to win this season. We're not only confident by our work on the field, we're also always looking to improve. If Carlo has shown us one thing this year is that our players on the pitch have to give their 100% or they're rotated out. Every single player is going to want to MURDER pool tonight, it's not going to be a laid back game at all. Look who Carlo decided to play, same XI with minimal rotation.

Our attitude as a team is on form right now. Good luck to Pool, I know you guys will be guns blazing the first 20 minutes but it's going to be really tough.

Draconian

People being too harsh on Liverpool. This game is only a gain for them. No expectancy to win in, anything they get is a bonus, pl games and remaining 2 games against Basel and those other opponents are the games that matter for me.

Always great for morale to produce a performance against a team like madrid but not a priority.

That's some lovely spin. Maybe you should handle Rodgers's press conference after the game today.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If they don't qualify for Europe next season, BR will lose his job

Crashing out in Europe won't matter this much to him

Salvadora

If we get even a point from Chelsea, tonight's selection will be vindicated. We'll see.
Why would it be?

Arsenal, City and Chelsea don't do this despite playing multiple games in a week.

We went to Bayern Munich and got something out of it despite them being the best team in the world.

FootballFan

The end of Rodgers begins tonight, no matter what you can't go away to madrid and put out the b team.. Those travelling fans have been fucked over... We will still lose to chelsea anyway.... Shark faced gimp

So true.

I realised he was dumb when he was giving van gaal lessons/warnings about epl.

Van gaal was coaching pro football clubs before Rodgers even finished high school. Top premface.

My god. This match is going to fuck Liverpool over hard. Their goal difference is going to be crap and they're going to end up in the Europa League.

TeddyBoy

R. Madrid 2 - 3 Liverpool
Arsenal 4 - 0 Anderlecht
We will be destroyed Scum.

We Come Not To Play

#LiverpoolWarriorsWay
YES LT!

Imagine if we won.

Imagine it.

lol
Believe Hitch, if we score one goal we'll be #moralevictors

We have to do what we have to do, Chelsea is more important.

Top Bottom