• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Tubie

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137292370&postcount=77

XjgLRzS.png

Omg we lost HateGames!

Salvadora

I'd be fuming if I was a Liverpool fan.

Spent years trying to get back into the Champions League and basically throw the reserves on in one of the most important group matches and the most glamorous. Just because a result is unlikely doesn't mean you don't try.

Shocking, like.

Spent years trying to get back into the Champions League and basically throw the reserves on in one of the most important group matches and the most glamorous. Just because a result is unlikely doesn't mean you don't try.

Shocking, like.

If a result is unlikely then its not really an important fixture innit?

Shocking, like.

Swansea style management innit

Scum

Shocking, like.

I'm with Salva on this one.

Wow, we're genuinely conceding this match. Rodgers is in for a hammering in the press tomorrow, doubt the travelling fans are impressed either. Or UEFA for that matter, but fuck that lot.

What was the point of resting Manquillo against Newcastle if we were gonna be sent out to die today regardless?

Jburton

Banned
If I was a travelling fan I would be furious.

Make a big deal about euro football and effectively surrender on one of footballs biggest stages.

Wilbur

Banned
Considering they lost against Basel and could well be bottom of the group tonight, and considering they have Chelsea on the weekend which'll be a big ask to win too... Tricky one but I think I'd have been more positive.

Empty

liverpool probably won't get battered. just play very defensive, run a lot.

it's pretty funny to see rodgers put out a hodgson esque team at the bernabeu though.

perkyz

Too bad anderlecht can't field their best players today (defour, suarez,.), they were really good last time against arsenal, they embarrassed them quite a bit...

I'd be surprised if we get 2 shots on target tonight, and lose by less than 5 goals.

Basically an admission that he's fucked the squad-building up, and can't trust any of the backup players to replace the starters

WJD

Liverpool will lose, but as with anytime this sort of thing happens (save the 8-2 lol) it won't be nearly as bad as everyone is predicting.

2-0.

Hixx

We should bid for Campbell in Jan. Play him on the left because FUCK Wickham. He's gone back to being a fucking lazy prick.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That Liverpool team is shocking, there's being pragmatic and then there's giving up before a ball is kicked. Kolo Toure? Jesus wept.

Looking forward to seeing Bale play.

Scum

Considering they lost against Basel and could well be bottom of the group tonight, and considering they have Chelsea on the weekend which'll be a big ask to win too... Tricky one but I think I'd have been more positive.

Imagine if Liverpool win this one.

Maybe it is to play to a very specific plan

Remember when Fergie picked Nani against RM

The plan is to have our key players at 95% fitness against Chelsea, rather than 90%

That 5% has been judged important enough to forfeit this match in the face of the fact that we'd have almost certianly lost anyway, and it's head-to-head rather than goal difference

Plasma

Banned
Leave Rogers alone he's new at this Champions League malarkey he doesn't realise that you should qualify first before putting out a weakened team.

Top Bottom