• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Zabojnik

Chelsea please. I don't want to hear about Maribor's heroic night for the rest of my life. Do your fucking job and smash that cunt club.

pulga

Banned
hahahah linius having a breakdown

tonight he says
KuGsj.gif

its always like that you redheaded stepchild!

Randdalf

What are the chances Pellegrini is put under pressure (or sacked) if CIty lose today? It would probably be a bit unfair given that City have done so well in other competitions, but CL seems the one the club hierarchy are chomping at the bit to do well in.

Marc

'English' football is in the gutter, the standards are so bad.

Sold our soul for "the best league in the world".

Hope someone like Southampton get in the CL, make a change and maybe offer a bit of pride. Might even have the odd Englishman! :)

Hey, the City crowd are alive. Heard them sing for 15 seconds... oop quiet again.

This is woeful. No wonder Jose has been kicking off all over place, he saw this coming a mile off (not specifically Maribor, but a big upset)

What are the chances Pellegrini is put under pressure (or sacked) if CIty lose today? It would probably be a bit unfair given that City have done so well in other competitions, but CL seems the one the club hierarchy are chomping at the bit to do well in.
I don't think he'd be sacked now, because really...who are they going to replace him with? It would definitely put pressure on him though. At some point you have to wonder if it's the manager or the team though. It's not like Pellegrini has a bad history when it comes to CL. He's often overachieved in it with smaller teams.

Tubie

Luis Enrique needs to go before the year ends.

Barcelona has the players to play a lot better than this, maybe not the old incredible Barca, but definitely better than this.

Marc

I don't think he'd be sacked now, because really...who are they going to replace him with? It would definitely put pressure on him though. At some point you have to wonder if it's the manager or the team though. It's not like Pellegrini has a bad history when it comes to CL. He's often overachieved in it with smaller teams.

Yeah, Souness made a good point (I know), the players don't look up for it at all. They aren't aggressive by any stretch, just turned up. Don't think the manager is at fault for the basics not being done well.

What has to be said however is, who is currently playing to a high level of their ability under him? Aguero? Milner? Not nearly enough if you want to win titles. Might not be all his fault but he has to get the best out of at least half of the players under him.

Philly40

'English' football is in the gutter, the standards are so bad.

Sold our soul for "the best league in the world".

Hope someone like Southampton get in the CL, make a change and maybe offer a bit of pride. Might even have the odd Englishman! :)

Hey, the City crowd are alive. Heard them sing for 15 seconds... oop quiet again.

Forster and Wanyama already have a bit of form in the CL
Scottish football is shit but once was better

Top Bottom