• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Dan in his house right now:

rampage-jackson-vs-door-tuf-10.gif

Marc

For anyone wondering CSKA have gotten twice as many penalties as anyone in the Russian league and have been carded the fewest. They've had the refs on their side for a long long time.

UEFA in their pocket.

Russian Mafia innit, dat world cup bribe!

The Engineer going to DC it in the interview? Ref rant incoming?

I should've known Hazard would revert to last season's form when he was more concerned about everything other than sticking the ball in the back of the net. Well, at least Schalke lost, we didn't lose.

Also, I would've thought knowing what offside was would be a requirement for being an assistant in a Champions League game. Silly me, I guess I was wrong.

Yeah it was onside, but that is what you gotta expect in CL, shitty refs and lots of them. Just gotta be better overall and there's no excuses not to beat Maribor even with a wrong offside and maybe a pen or two not given.

Based on that performance we fully deserved not to win, minuscule amount of our players looked like they wanted to win until the last few mins.

How's Jose, Wooden? Bet he's not happy.

Said we weren't good first half, their keeper was great and they played very well. Says when someone like Hazard plays as well as he did he can be allowed a penalty miss.

Ive always hated his penalties though, Jose is right, he can be allowed a penalty miss but he was naive I think, he should have taken it differently to get the job done.

Based on that performance we fully deserved not to win, minuscule amount of our players looked like they wanted to win until the last few mins.

yeah, poor result

perfectly good goal disallowed for offside

one stonewall penalty turned down

hazard missing another

keeper making ridiculous saves

countless chances spurned by us

and to top it all off about 30 seconds of the 2 minutes injury time gets played

nothing went right today, but we'll be just fine

still on top of the group by 3 points

onto liverpool...

Chelsea.gif

Draconian

Yeah it was onside, but that is what you gotta expect in CL, shitty refs and lots of them. Just gotta be better overall and there's no excuses not to beat Maribor even with a wrong offside and maybe a pen or two not given.

Nope, no excuses at all. We're lucky to get a point out of this game. Maribor's keeper made some great saves too. The positive thing is that we didn't lose and that the other game in the group went as well as we could've hoped for.

El Topo

José Mourinho;137510071 said:
You know it's November when we start to pull out these sort of performances.

That shower of shite Liverpool to beat us on Saturday. Sigh.

I like to believe you're the real Mourinho.

Wilbur

Banned
For anyone wondering CSKA have gotten twice as many penalties as anyone in the Russian league and have been carded the fewest. They've had the refs on their side for a long long time.

Both the red cards were fair tonight. CSKA should have had one, and City should have had another one. City only have themselves to blame.

Scum

Said we weren't good first half, their keeper was great and they played very well. Says when someone like Hazard plays as well as he did he can be allowed a penalty miss.

Ive always hated his penalties though, Jose is right, he can be allowed a penalty miss but he was naive I think, he should have taken it differently to get the job done.

Okay. Now let's see what PelleMancini has to say.

UEFA in their pocket.

Russian Mafia innit, dat world cup bribe!

The Engineer going to DC it in the interview? Ref rant incoming?

Moscow mafia more like. Last time Zenit got ref help was when we were getting blown the fuck out against Dortmund and it didn't even matter. Gazprom pls.

Clydefrog

Enough cannot be said about CITY LOLOLOLOL! THEY HAVE TWO POINTS IN THE GROUP

CHELSEA LOLOL

Bilbao :(

Messi *bow* majestic-goat.jpeg

Linius

Veltman done goofed. Boilesen is terrible with his passing. And well Siggy of course.

Other than that I'm proud. We did very well up till the red card.

Both the red cards were fair tonight. CSKA should have had one, and City should have had another one. City only have themselves to blame.

Yeah but Wernbloom magically avoiding a sending off is amazing considering he does enough to get sent off every game yet never does. The man is a wizard.

That was a pretty terrible performance by everyone but Hazard (barring the penalty miss) even though the Ref seemed to have tried his best to screw us.

Top Bottom