• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

City haven't got a chance of getting Guardiola next summer. Why would he leave Bayern now? They aren't going to sack him, they've won the title this season already.

TeddyBoy

I didn't watch the Liverpool game today since I was at work, but it seems like another poor performance and a third defeat in a week.

RAWK seems to be split on their opinion of Rodgers, some want to stick with him saying Sturridge will help fix us but there is a sizeable minority that would be open to a different manager taking over.

Salvadora

City haven't got a chance of getting Guardiola next summer. Why would he leave Bayern now? They aren't going to sack him, they've won the title this season already.
while city aren't going to get him next summer (or ever) i do think it could be quite boring being stuck in the bundesliga year in year out winning the title in october with literally 0 compitition.

3Sixty

Rated Austin since his Swindon days by the way. Loves smashing one in against us though.

Better option for England than Lambert.

I didn't watch the Liverpool game today since I was at work, but it seems like another poor performance and a third defeat in a week.

RAWK seems to be split on their opinion of Rodgers, some want to stick with him saying Sturridge will help fix us but there is a significant minority that would be open to a different manager taking over.

How can a minority be significant? There was an article in the telegraph today saying that rodgers needs to be given more time. Oh and to buy some mark one type players and not mark two's.

while city aren't going to get him next summer (or ever) i do think it could be quite boring being stuck in the bundesliga year in year out winning the title in october with literally 0 compitition.
Maybe. But I doubt he would see it that way. He's going to have the challenge of the European Cup regardless, so at least for a couple of years he'll want to a build a team that can win there and the league is part of that process.

Also...It sounds he just really enjoys the culture of the club.

I don't think he's staying there for 5+ years or anything like that - but definitely don't see him being tempted away yet. Not by City anyway.

dc89

doesn't he hate tikxi or whatever his name is too lol

Txiki hired Pep. I don't think they've fallen out.

I know the current Barca board and City's Soriano and Txiki do not get on. Barca tried to sue them.

I don't think we'll see that relationship improve anytime soon. Especially now Sheikh Mansour is putting money into Madrid's stadium fund.

TrueBlue

Eight points is obviously a wonderful lead to have over City at this point, can't complain.

Still, it's only November. Long way to go!

Meier

You need alot more, starting with a solid defense should be priority.
Defense is honestly not that bad. Midfield has been getting a bit overrun since Yaya doesn't do much and it means the back four can get dragged out of position. I am not too concerned about that to be honest. It's the lack of goals coming from anyone but Aguero that is troubling. We do need to replace Clichy though.

Salvadora

Maybe. But I doubt he would see it that way. He's going to have the challenge of the European Cup regardless, so at least for a couple of years he'll want to a build a team that can win there and the league is part of that process.

Also...It sounds he just really enjoys the culture of the club.

I don't think he's staying there for 5+ years or anything like that - but definitely don't see him being tempted away yet. Not by City anyway.
i'm not talking about this season, for sure, but a couple of years down the line and the desire to be somewhere else or experience something new could be quite strong for a man like guardiola.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Defense is honestly not that bad. Midfield has been getting a bit overrun since Yaya doesn't do much and it means the back four can get dragged out of position. I am not too concerned about that to be honest. It's the lack of goals coming from anyone but Aguero that is troubling. We do need to replace Clichy though.

Do you think letting Negredo go was a mistake? Strange that you didn't replace him.

Meier

Do you think letting Negredo go was a mistake? Strange that you didn't replace him.
I don't think it was a mistake necessarily since he actively wanted to leave and wouldn't have been in the UCL squad, but we have missed his presence to be sure. Jovetic frankly is not good enough -- he wants to dance around and do fancy shit when we need him to just bang in goals. He isn't suited for City and I hope we sell him this summer.

We definitely should have replaced him with someone though. I'm somewhat surprised we haven't officially announced the signing of Iheanacho as he was entirely comfortable with the first team this summer and he's 18 now. Looked good enough to go right into the first team.

Mully

CoordinatedMarvelousBlackbuck.gif

PowderedToast

RAWK seems to be split on their opinion of Rodgers, some want to stick with him saying Sturridge will help fix us but there is a significant minority that would be open to a different manager taking over.
this is where rodgers has to prove his quality. I want him to succeed, but he needs some perspective and has to start making big decisions immediately. these are the players we have, make good of it. people are writing us out of top 4 which is an unacceptable outcome for the club this season. he will lose his job if we don't qualify for the champions league.

City need a manager who is good in the transfer market, they clearly didn't have an issue with spending money on any player Pellegrini wanted and as far as I can tell only Navas has really worked out for them.

Once their FFP penalty is over they can't be over spending on players like Mangala anymore, that has to stop.

City need a manager who is good in the transfer market, they clearly didn't have an issue with spending money on any player Pellegrini wanted and as far as I can tell only Navas has really worked out for them.

Once their FFP penalty is over they can't be over spending on players like Mangala anymore, that has to stop.

I dont't think Pellegrini picks the players alone. Think Burgerstain has a bigger say.

Linius

Man, Louis really did it again. Man, he's just introducing all these Dutch sayings to our friends across the pond. Just like Cruijff once did in Spain with his momento dado.

Top Bottom