• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT8| - Sunderland 0

Linius

Rw2ioYQ.png

Bunch of m8's

Going for lunch at my parents in law´s. The worst part is that my father in law is a disgusting Madridista and I think I´ll have to watch the game with him. Then I gotta get a haircut and I think I´m going out tonight.

jts

...hate me...
I can´t stand the idea that an animal I take care of randomly attack me just for fun. Selfish, stupid, and chaotic pets.

Dogs for life.
KPd7ZTR.gif

f96bgkj.gif

I have a dog and a cat. Where's your god now?

I always lose it when my cat-fearing friends come over and think that the cat will just snap and jump to their faces and scratch them all over. Hilarious mental image.

Cats are not so unpredictable, although each cat has its own personality. They mind their own business and are way less needy than dogs. But they are cute and funny.

I was gonna do my monthly 'what game should I play next' post today, since I've finished SoM and XCOM doesn't hold my attention for long enough periods to be the game that I'm playing :p

I'm thinking Stalker: Call of Pripyat

I gave up on MGS3, it's just not as fun when you know the story
Install the CoP Complete Mod

I can´t stand the idea that an animal I take care of randomly attack me just for fun. Selfish, stupid, and chaotic pets.

Dogs for life.

It's just playing.

Cats can be really fucking evil though. One brought a mouse in the other day and the other two were toying with it. It had stopped moving when I found them so I made them fuck off and picked up its body. Then it started twitching and I realised it was still alive but they'd broken all its legs so it couldn't move ;_;

It was like that movie with that crazy woman and the writer.

edit: Finished reading The Martian, and I just found out Ridley Scott is doing the movie. Nice.

DBT85

Just seen that Moyes only managed 5 points against Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Chelsea at United from 8 attempts.

For me doing better against those 4 is going to be a good marker for Ra's.

He can't do worse than 5 from 24 surely?

bjaelke

Krul; Janmaat, S.Taylor, Coloccini (c), Dummett; Sissoko, Abeid, Colback; Obertan, Cisse, Ameobi.

Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

LTWheels

@LFC: Confirmed #LFC team to face Newcastle: Mignolet, Johnson, Moreno, Lovren, Skrtel, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Balotelli.

Sort of wanted Borini to start. Two up front.

Fucking hell you guys were really not kidding when you said Xbones controller had horrible rb/lb buttons. I'm used to running with those in Fifa, how am I suppoed to now!

Positive: It actually works just fine on pc, no more motionjoy!

Zabojnik

Fucking hell you guys were really not kidding when you said Xbones controller had horrible rb/lb buttons. I'm used to running with those in Fifa, how am I suppoed to now!

Positive: It actually works just fine on pc, no more motionjoy!

Xbox One controller or 360?

EDIT: Nevermind, X1. I finally ditched the X360 pad. Using DS4 with DS4Windows, works like a charm.

It's kinda crazy how stubborn Rodgers is when trying to make his original vision work sometimes. Last season we were always switching things around, if something worked we kept it, if it didn't we discared it. We seem to have reverted to his first 4 months, just trying the same thing over and over again regardless of results and the alternatives offering clear advantages.

Allen has been poor since his return, and Balotelli has proved to be a poor lone striker in this team. Manquillo has been no worse than Johnson (and is like 10 years younger*) and Lovren has been no better than any of our other CBs. Lovren should be in the team I accept, since he should prove to be better than Toure at least (think of that as a statement) and Sakho is injured, but otherwise I'm a bit disappointed that we've reverted to what hasn't worked at all thus far.

We'll see how it goes though, maybe it'll spark suddenly, or it's necessary to prevent this game becoming a slugfest which we risk losing in the first 10 minutes ala West Ham.

*wonder if Manquillo would be in every week if we owned him, and there was a guaranteed benefit for us to develop him as we would have if he was one of our own. He's young though, and he does a lot of intense running. Maybe he's just being rested.

edit: I'd be devestated for Gerrard to leave no matter how mediocre he can be now. Want him to be a one-club-man

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Tottenham are bracing themselves for a £20m bid from Real Madrid for France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 27, in the January transfer window. (Daily Express)
Napoli are willing to offer Liverpool a "major" transfer fee in order to sign 24-year-old Italy striker Mario Balotelli. (Metro)
Netherlands striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, 31, has held talks over a new contract with German club Schalke, amid interest from Arsenal and Liverpool in signing him on a free transfer next summer. (Daily Mirror)
Winger Tom Ince, 22, still has a future at Hull City despite being loaned out to Nottingham Forest. (Talksport)

OTHER GOSSIP
Liverpool are set to open contract talks with captain Steven Gerrard as they look to ensure the 34-year-old midfielder remains at Anfield beyond this season. (Liverpool Echo)
Uefa president Michel Platini will hold talks next week with Football Association chairman Greg Dyke over timings for the 2022 World Cup and a potential candidate to challenge Sepp Blatter in the Fifa presidential election. (The Times - subscription required)
Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini claims Manchester United are no better now than last season, despite splashing out £151m on new players. (Daily Mirror)
Pellegrini revealed the Premier League champions could not afford to sign Angel Di Maria, who joined United for a British record fee of £59.7m, due to Financial Fair Play. (Goal.com)
Everton boss Roberto Martínez says there are no concerns for striker Arouna Kone's career even though the 30-year-old may not return to full fitness until January. (Guardian)
Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola will leave the German club when his contract expires in 2016, with Arsenal set to secure his services if Arsene Wenger steps down. (London Evening Standard)
Former Manchester United and Everton manager David Moyes is wanted by Spanish side Real Sociedad. (Daily Star)
Former Leyton Orient chairman Barry Hearn has called on London Mayor Boris Johnson to reveal the costs of the Olympic Park Stadium and the terms of West Ham's lease on the venue. (The Sun - subscription required)
England assistant coach Gary Neville says of modern day defending: "the minimum standards have dropped sharply. When I played, most training was on defending but now I look at teams and think they do not understand the basics." (Telegraph)
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert, who has seen his side lose their last five league matches and fail to score in the process, says he thrives on the continual pressure and threat of being sacked - insisting it is part of the game. (Birmingham Mail)
Crystal Palace defender Scott Dann has hailed the club's owners and says: "I can see why people would be interested in buying Palace. The club is in London and the fan base is massive. If it were to continue to be run in the right way like it is now, it could potentially be a lot bigger club." (Croydon Advertiser)
Everton striker Samuel Eto'o is determined to help end the club's 20-year trophy drought - and the 33-year-old has targeted the Europa League, which he has yet to win in his distinguished career. (Liverpool Echo)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart warmed up for Sunday's derby against Manchester United by playing cricket with England wicketkeeper Jos Buttler. Lancashire posted a picture of the pair in the nets at Old Trafford on their Instagram account, while Buttler tweeted: "Awesome day. Great to meet Joe Hart, what a genuine nice guy. Best of luck for Sunday."
Bournemouth are supporting global men's health foundation Movember for the next month by adding a moustache to the Dickie Dowsett header on their club crest. Special stickers featuring the crest will be handed out around the Goldsands Stadium for supporters to adapt their replica shirts for the day and show support for Movember.

AND FINALLY
Pictures have been revealed of Mario Balotelli's infamous indoor firework escapade from Halloween 2011, which left him with a repair bill of £400,000 at the house he rented for £7,500-a-month in Mottram St Andrew, Cheshire, during his time at Manchester City. (Daily Mail)
Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana, 26, had his car damaged by monkeys on a trip to Knowsley Safari Park with his son. (Daily Star)
Barcelona defender Gerard Pique, 27 was substituted at half-time during the Supercopa de Catalunya clash with Espanyol earlier this week - and spent the rest of the game playing on his phone while sat on the bench. (Metro)

Tottenham are bracing themselves for a £20m bid from Real Madrid for France goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, 27, in the January transfer window. (Daily Express)
Aston Villa boss Paul Lambert, who has seen his side lose their last five league matches and fail to score in the process, says he thrives on the continual pressure and threat of being sacked - insisting it is part of the game. (Birmingham Mail)

image.php

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Scum pls

Even if Real do want Hugo, there is no way we would sell in January. I know their current keeper is absolutely embarrassing but they signed Navas for a reason. If Ancelotti wanted to he could just play him.

Scum

Bloody hell. Everytime I decide to watch the BBC's 50 FA Cup goals, it's always fackin' Liverpool!

adrianonandoswfr16.png

Scum pls

Even if Real do want Hugo, there is no way we would sell in January. I know their current keeper is absolutely embarrassing but they signed Navas for a reason. If Ancelotti wanted to he could just play him.

Football and money makes no sense when Perez is involved but I do expect Lloris to be gone in the summer though. :-(

Bloody hell. Everytime I decide to watch the BBC's 50 FA Cup goals, it's always fackin' Liverpool!

adrianonandoswfr16.png

'If anyone's ever doubted your quality, you have just blown that away. You have been immense.'

dat prime Gerrard. I miss him.

(well one of his two peaks, he was perhaps even better in 08/09)

Top Bottom