• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Am re-watching the Harry Potter films in order on BR. Didn't see HBP or DH in the cinema,.

Obv they won't be as good as the books, I have very fond memories of being immersed in that world. Just finished Chamber of Secrets, good god the acting from the three leads is really shit :lol

Isn't it weird that Neville turned out really well?

Neville%2520Now%2520and%2520Then.jpg

lol being an actor has its perks

Yen

Can anyone recommend a 3DS or 360* game that was released in the past year? My mammy wants to know what to get me for Christmas.

*Only going to buy a PS4 when it's TPP-time, like the mad hoor I am.

Am re-watching the Harry Potter films in order on BR. Didn't see HBP or DH in the cinema,.

Obv they won't be as good as the books, I have very fond memories of being immersed in that world. Just finished Chamber of Secrets, good god the acting from the three leads is really shit :lol

Isn't it weird that Neville turned out really well?
I watched the Philosopher's Stone today. Dumbledore pissed me off at the end. He tells Harry that the shit that went down between him and Quirrell/Voldemort is to remain secret, in the next scene he announces Slytherin as the House Cup champions, THEN he says, "Oh, btw, Harry, Ron, Harmony, and Neville win points for doing something heroic, Gryffindor win the House Cup!"
You don't think he could've started the announcement with that, rather than piss off every Slytherin child in the room? Is it any wonder they turn out the way they do?

Linius

Can anyone recommend a 3DS or 360* game that was released in the past year? My mammy wants to know what to get me for Christmas.

I don't know what you normally play, but I really enjoyed Fantasy Life on my 3DS. That and The Stick of Truth on my 360 will be in my top 3 surely.

Linius

The Smash Bros. 3DS version is supposedly a great version according to Smash fans. I have it, but I only played 30 minutes so far because of other games I wanted to play. Not a big fan of it anyways :p

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Smash, Fire Emblem are good, also Shovel Knight if you want a great digital game.

Elchele

The Smash Bros. 3DS version is supposedly a great version according to Smash fans. I have it, but I only played 30 minutes so far because of other games I wanted to play. Not a big fan of it anyways :p

that's like asking Wilbur about Under the Skin.

K1LLER7

I watched the Philosopher's Stone today. Dumbledore pissed me off at the end. He tells Harry that the shit that went down between him and Quirrell/Voldemort is to remain secret, in the next scene he announces Slytherin as the House Cup champions, THEN he says, "Oh, btw, Harry, Ron, Harmony, and Neville win points for doing something heroic, Gryffindor win the House Cup!"
You don't think he could've started the announcement with that, rather than piss off every Slytherin child in the room? Is it any wonder they turn out the way they do?
3DS (Not sure if all this past year):-

1) Zelda "A Link Between Worlds". One of the best Zelda games imo.
2) Etrien Odyssey (First person RPG)
2) Fire Emblem (If like strat RPGs)
3) Donkey Kong

:lol yeah Dumbledore is just a massive troll to Slytherin House. It's clear he doesn't like any of the students in that house.

He's exactly as I imagined him in the books tho, well, the way Richard Harris (RIP) played him, a bit like a nice kindly Grandad or something.

jts

...hate me...
Smash Bros. on the 3DS is no fun. I guess it will do in a pinch, but damn if that game isn't a whole lot more proper on a TV set with plenty of comfy controllers and a right stick.

Hard question my friend. You'll want proper value for that game as it is an offer, but games on the 360 are going to get cheaper easily and not many good games were released on the 3DS lately.

Just ask for credit instead. And on boxing day enjoy the funnest game of all: deciding which game to get. The actual game you then get is going to be real boring tho.

Linius

that's like asking Wilbur about Under the Skin.

Well not really. Smash fans are the worst, they rather complain about everything that is wrong about the Smash games than the positives. So if the hardcore Smash fans approve of this handheld version it's safe to say that Nintendo did a good job with the first handheld installment of the series.

Linius

Shovel Knight is a good suggestion yeah!

Damn, is she a United fan? or just a Gaal fan?

Probably neither. The app Dub Smash got crazy popular over here the past few days. And impersonating Van Gaal in general has always been popular. So an app that includes Gaal quotes to playback over, well you can do the math.

Go_Ly_Dow

I stepped in a heaping pile of diarrehea dog shit this morning whilst on my phone and had to throw away my favourite running shoes.

40 quid down the fucking gutter.

FUCK CUNT DOG OWNERNAJFNAWWAF

Ahem, just wanted to post this on GAF somewhere and this seemed like the most appropraite place.

SFUCK

jts

...hate me...
Well not really. Smash fans are the worst, they rather complain about everything that is wrong about the Smash games than the positives. So if the hardcore Smash fans approve of this handheld version it's safe to say that Nintendo did a good job with the first handheld installment of the series.
I'm not a hardcore fan as I probably only even heard about the series with Brawl.

But seriously the 3DS version sucks mainly because fighters on handhelds suck. Not as comfortable, not as fun local multi. But then there's also the fact there's no c-stick (until the New 3DS) to do smash attacks.

And also the graphics suck a bit And tracking all the action on such small screens. I mean the core gameplay may be super tight but that becomes pointless.

I had that version and I handed it down for my little brother for his birthday (planned like that all along). I probably put as much time into it as you.

Whereas in a day or so I've put 10 hours easily into Smash Wii U :D
I stepped in a heaping pile of diarrehea dog shit this morning whilst on my phone and had to throw away my favourite running shoes.

Ahem, just wanted to post this on GAF somewhere and this seemed like the most appropraite place.

SFUCK
What's wrong with washing them m8. Oh god, dog poop. You probably step tons of it throughout a year and eat a good amount of it too. Big whoop.o

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

SFUCK

why didn't you just clean it off?

Linius

I'm not a hardcore fan as I probably only even heard about the series with Brawl.

But seriously the 3DS version sucks mainly because fighters on handhelds suck. Not as comfortable, not as fun local multi. But then there's also the fact there's no c-stick (until the New 3DS) to do smash attacks.

And also the graphics suck a bit And tracking all the action on such small screens. I mean the core gameplay may be super tight but that becomes pointless.

I had that version and I handed it down for my little brother for his birthday (planned like that all along). I probably put as much time into it as you.

Whereas in a day or so I've put 10 hours easily into Smash Wii U :D

I guess being able to deal with the limitations it has is big part of being able to enjoy it. But I can imagine missing the c-stick is a big annoyance.

I also just suck at Smash and I don't feel like learning it. But I also don't want to sell it, thinking I might wanna get into it at a later point :O

Elchele

I don't like when they try to fit console games into portable consoles, that's why PSP and PSVita failed. Nintendo should know better

Go_Ly_Dow

it was dirrareah shit the same consistency as mashed potato

the stench was so foul it made me want to vomit on the spot

and it has soaked into the shoes fabric and not just the base

i've never seen shit like it before. simply unholy.

I don't like when they try to fit console games into portable consoles, that's why PSP and PSVita failed. Nintendo should know better

I want more of that. Persona 4 and FFX on Vita is the reason I got that thing and they play great on it.

it was dirrareah shit the same consistency as mashed potato

the stench was so foul it made me want to vomit on the spot

and it has soaked into the shoes fabric and not just the base

i've never seen shit like it before. simply unholy.

Go steal a new pair of shoes, it's your right.

Linius

That's a bs statement. Some of the (3)DS/Gameboy's most popular series started on a console. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart for example have proven to be a great addition to the handheld line-up. Or the direct port of Ocarina of Time to the 3DS, coming from the N64 console.

And well, Smash is another example of a game that works well on a handheld. Of course there are always people who can't get into it, but a bigger majority is loving it.

jts

...hate me...
That's a bs statement. Some of the (3)DS/Gameboy's most popular series started on a console. Animal Crossing and Mario Kart for example have proven to be a great addition to the handheld line-up. Or the direct port of Ocarina of Time to the 3DS, coming from the N64 console.

And well, Smash is another example of a game that works well on a handheld. Of course there are always people who can't get into it, but a bigger majority is loving it.

Man, you do love your 3DS.

Are you upgrading next year?

I feel like it's a fine update, but not good enough to make me pull the trigger :( It doesn't address the main outdated aspects of the console because it's held down by being a midlife update. Not many games will be tailored for it etc. DSi all over again.
Just ordered Hyrule Warriors.

pls be good
Did you get a deal?

Linius

Man, you do love your 3DS.

Are you upgrading next year?

I feel like it's a fine update, but not good enough to make me pull the trigger :( It doesn't address the main outdated aspects of the console because it's held down by being a midlife update. Not many games will be tailored for it etc. DSi all over again.
Did you get a deal?

Probably won't. Don't have the money anyways, and what you said is looking to be true. Won't miss much.

I'd rather have Rune Factory 4 and Youkai Watch localised for Europe :O

Salazar

:lol yeah Dumbledore is just a massive troll to Slytherin House. It's clear he doesn't like any of the students in that house.

He's exactly as I imagined him in the books tho, well, the way Richard Harris (RIP) played him, a bit like a nice kindly Grandad or something.

Well, you don't get Muggle-born Slytherins innit.* And Dumbledore's mission as an educator seems to have everything to do with making sure the Muggle-born kids are ok. I guess wizarding families are generally a really fucken robust (even if pernicious sometimes) form of social furniture. Dumbledore might not have felt the need to supplement, or the ability to compete, with that conditioning.

*The internet affirms that you don't, generally speaking, encounter em.

K1LLER7

Louis Van Gaal:

" I have to say Herrera came in and did fantastic, I was very pleased with how he did. He is a very fit player which is why I also let him play in the Reserves. I’m very happy for him because he needed a good performance. I was very pleased with our dominance in the whole game and also with our positional game. We scored three goals, created more chances, and we didn’t give any chances away – that’s very good."

Now get him starting games!

faridmon

Did you read the whole thing or just some selective twitter quote?

Many people like to criticise defensive teams and I don’t do that. To be a good defensive team you need to do it well. We always tried to move the ball and get spaces but they defended very, very well - with a low block, nine guys behind the ball, with the wingers playing as full-backs. I praise them for their success with the clean sheet.

We are not happy with the point but we have to be mature and experienced enough to know in this league every match is difficult. I repeat they were playing for a clean sheet and they were successful. I have no negative words for my players because they tried everything and they weren’t successful. At the end of the day one point for a team that tried and one point for a team that was successful I think is fair.

There is no time to be complaining. We move on.

Seems pretty fair.

my bad, I was pretty selective right there. Sorry!

I haven't seen Shawshawk nor Blade runner. I should change that!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I think Shawshank is ok, but nowhere near the level people like to say it is, it's just an interesting story and nothing more.

Top Bottom