• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

iLBvgZE7zPGHH.gif

The dwarf laughing at the camel in the second clip, is seriously one of the best moments in cinema history. He's just that entertained by it, pure joy.

and how good is that description?

"A squirming monkey, tied to a crucifix and paraded through a courtyard full of burning flowers and past a runaway van by a group of renegade dwarves."

A masterpiece

Elchele

hahaha.

i thought it was a good film, though.

you should see blue is the warmest colour, elsk.

I downloaded it like 6 months ago I think. Watched the first 20 minutes, I don't know if I should continue. slow films aren't my thing I guess.

Talking about sci-fi, have you guys seen Gayniggers From Outer Space?

I did and I think in many ways it was ahead of its time. Maybe not when it comes to special effects, but the message it delivered and the scary society we are becoming.

Herzog threw himself into a field of cacti to regain the trust of the dwarves after one of them was run over and set alight during the movie. Standard Herzog.

What a man.

You gotta love Werner Herzog. Great director, would've loved to see him attempt a (bigger) mainstream movie just once.

Didn't he do something with Lynch some years back? I didn't watch it, heard it was shit.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't have one
my favorites atm are The Shawshank Redemption, The Prestige, Dredd, The Dark Knight, The Silence of the Lambs and maybe The Wrestler

it changes from time to time.

I am constantly stunned by people that love Shawshank.

I don't get it.

I never will.

Eh.

El Topo

Herzog threw himself into a field of cacti to regain the trust of the dwarves after one of them was run over and set alight during the movie. Standard Herzog.

He's amazing. He also ate his shoe (and made a documentary about it) after losing a bet.

Didn't he do something with Lynch some years back? I didn't watch it, heard it was shit.

He made, haven't watched it so this is hearsay, an interesting and very weird movie that was produced by Lynch.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Son,_My_Son,_What_Have_Ye_Done?

Yen

You gotta love Werner Herzog. Great director, would've loved to see him attempt a (bigger) mainstream movie just once. Also saved Phoenix once.
Shane Carruth is similar. Was offered the chance to sell out by Steven Soderbergh and didn't take it. I'd have loved to see Shane Carruth's Interstellar .

I really enjoyed Shawshank, I was lucky I watched it in the right circumstances. There are a lot of movies like this, such as 2001. I watched it when I wasn't in the right mood, didn't enjoy it, and have been meaning to re-watch it ever since.

wedward

while most of it looked quite realistic, there were a few moments that made me think "wait a second... why is she rubbing her belly?"

have you seen it, though? i thought it was fantastic. that adele girl is a really good actress.

It's great. Might be my favorite film from last year.

Whiny Mou is back ''one team tried to win''' wah wah

cry me a river. I thought he was past that, but clearly I was wrong!

Did you read the whole thing or just some selective twitter quote?

Many people like to criticise defensive teams and I don’t do that. To be a good defensive team you need to do it well. We always tried to move the ball and get spaces but they defended very, very well - with a low block, nine guys behind the ball, with the wingers playing as full-backs. I praise them for their success with the clean sheet.

We are not happy with the point but we have to be mature and experienced enough to know in this league every match is difficult. I repeat they were playing for a clean sheet and they were successful. I have no negative words for my players because they tried everything and they weren’t successful. At the end of the day one point for a team that tried and one point for a team that was successful I think is fair.

There is no time to be complaining. We move on.

Seems pretty fair.

Facism

Heh we just talked about them the other day, as Yenrot also went to one of their shows. Nice band, who were support?

some bearded SS-haircut hipster metal shyte called Krokodil and a quality little 2-piece called Big Business.

Nowhere near as godlike as the US support bands, Gojira and Kvelertak.

some bearded SS-haircut hipster metal shyte called Krokodil and a quality little 2-piece called Big Business.

Nowhere near as godlike as the US support bands, Gojira and Kvelertak.

Kvelertak lol, great name. Gojira would be pretty nice as a support band, my uncle is way into them.

Top Bottom