• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

I was saving this gif for Adnan getting a good 30 minutes

ipJKPMDylCzE.gif

ibbaRRaKnKXTRp.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Half inclined to say eh, fuck it, win's a win. But... that was bad. Bailed out in the last few minutes.

Young and Valencia can't do their job well enough but hard to blame them when our injuries are as they are. Herrera, Mata and RVP poor tonight. Rojo and Smalling decent. Miss Rooney, loath as I am to admit it. Di Maria is a big miss too obviously.

With four key players out and no full backs, every three points is a good three points, and I'll forget about the performance in a few days when looking at the table but we have to massively improve against Southampton.

Jarnet87

De Goat makes 2 key saves. Ashley Young makes his first contribution since the 8-2 Arsenal game with a block that ensures 3 points.

Go_Ly_Dow

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also tragic number of chances we didn't convert or number of times we didn't capitalize on Stoke errors

This actually has me very worried for the Christmas period, because I don't see this team being able to handle 3-4 games in 15 days.

Arnie

I fucking love watching The Reds win.

Mirrored Hendo's gash celebration in utter glee. Want to go to a Reflex and be sick on my shoes.

Big win considering teams around us will be dropping points in these 3/4 days.

That was a poor performance though. And actually we defended fine (Smalling in particular) and got into plenty of dangerous areas but simply didn't execute.

We need more quality at both ends of the field. Some of it at least was in the stands.

Also tragic number of chances we didn't convert or number of times we didn't capitalize on Stoke errors

This actually has me very worried for the Christmas period, because I don't see this team being able to handle 3-4 games in 15 days.

Well I'm not sure it had anything to do with fatigue or tiredness. Plenty of energy and effort in that game, especially from RVP who looks like a man scared for his place.

K1LLER7

Thought we played better in the 2nd half minus those last 5 mins.

Herrera and Mata finally got into the game a bit more and linked up pretty well at times. Main issue is we aren't taking our chances. We should have scored 3 or 4 goals in this game. Herrera and Wilson with clear chances they HAD to finish.

I'll take it. 3 points, get Rooney and Di Maria back for Southampton.

Half inclined to say eh, fuck it, win's a win. But... that was bad. Bailed out in the last few minutes.

Young and Valencia can't do their job well enough but hard to blame them when our injuries are as they are. Herrera, Mata and RVP poor tonight. Rojo and Smalling decent. Miss Rooney, loath as I am to admit it. Di Maria is a big miss too obviously.

With four key players out and no full backs, every three points is a good three points, and I'll forget about the performance in a few days when looking at the table but we have to massively improve against Southampton.

The midfield overall was poor today.

Fletcher actually looks like a liability when he is brought on too

pappe

Big win considering teams around us will be dropping points in these 3/4 days.

That was a poor performance though. And actually we defended fine (Smalling in particular) and got into plenty of dangerous areas but simply didn't execute.

We need more quality at both ends of the field. Some of it at least was in the stands.

RVP cant start the next match. He has been very poor recently. Falcao or Wilson with Rooney.

Well I'm not sure it had anything to do with fatigue or tiredness. Plenty of energy and effort in that game, especially from RVP who looks like a man scared for his place.

It came to my mind just seeing the difference in Mata, Herrera, Young, Valencia from Hull to today. Thinking tiredness played some roll...

I would have liked to see Adnan come on earlier too.

RVP cant start the next match. He has been very poor recently. Falcao or Wilson with Rooney.

Not going to say he played great or anything like that but he wasn't bad today. Worked really hard and made some great runs but players just didn't pass it to him...was really angry towards the end when they kept slowing it down.

At least two or three times he should have been played through.

Fergie

Banned
Echoing all the criticism. Need to really be able to shut down games.

A point behind Southampton. Who play Arsenal tomorrow.

And who face us on the 8th.

Falcao not looking too hot also. Striker crisis at UTD?

Falcao is fine. You want to judge him based on a 20 minute outing when everybody around him is playing so-so?

I actually want to see Rooney - Falcao partnership, wouldn't even mind Falcao - Rooney - RVP with Rooney playing as a 10

pappe

Not going to say he played great or anything like that but he wasn't bad today. Worked really hard and made some great runs but players just didn't pass it to him...was really angry towards the end when they kept slowing it down.

At least two or three times he should have been played through.

That is true. Our decision making is slow and we cant pick out that wonderful through balls the likes of which a Silva or Fabregas manage to do every game.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Glad ewe got the three points but I hated how you just knew we we're in for a terrible finish when we started dicking around with chances, Wilson should have passed, Mara needs a right foot and fellai I should have done better.

inky

If only Wilson scored that chance.

Next thread title would've been | Hames Wilson for Balon D'or|

Heck, if only Herrera scored early on instead of putting it in the stands. What should've been a comfortable win turned into a nightmare there in the end.

If only Wilson scored that chance.

Next thread title would've been | Hames Wilson for Balon D'or|

Whole thing was he should have passed to RVP for a simple tap in.

And RVP should have passed to him for a simple tap in.

And Fellani should not be out wide right putting balls into the box.

Our two outfield players today were Smalling and Rojo. I thought both did fine.

De Gea continues to be our GOAT.

Yeah Fletcher has looked awful in his limited minutes. He's a genuine liability these days. Give his minutes to a youngster like Pereira who has the legs and could use the experience.

Franco Mussis was so fat at his first training at Copenhagen, that he couldn't fit the shirts he had been given.
adrianonandoswfr16.png

I should have listened to your friend Elsk.
adrianonandoswfr16.png

Glad ewe got the three points but I hated how you just knew we we're in for a terrible finish when we started dicking around with chances, Wilson should have passed, Mara needs a right foot and fellai I should have done better.
I knew they'd go long at the end which is why I knew we'd struggle to hold on.

We are weak in the air. Diouf was beating Rojo all game, surprised they didn't revert to that tactic earlier.

Top Bottom