• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Mancini showing how it's done

GratefulUnfitIriomotecat.gif

GQman2121

Banned
I still rate Willian. I don't give a fuck. He plays and defends like someone that weighs 2st more than he actually is. Those type of players with his technical abilities are a rarity.

He just needs to put the shots that he takes on target. He doesn't even have to score more goals as those will come. But he has to start challenging keepers with the shots--which is admittedly a decent amount per game--that he's taking.

This game was a perfect example of why this system needs a player like Matic to protect Cahill and Terry at the back. That second goal was built off of Mikel's error in judgement to lunge forward, missing the ball and player, and not having the vision, desire or physical ability to trackback and recover. There's a reason Matic has played a part in every single one of our games this year. He's played every game and is as vital to this Mourinho squad as Makelele was ten years ago.

edit: Holy shit, Stoke already up. I might switch over.

inky

HAHAHHAHAHHHA

Live Text Commentary

Lineups are announced and players are warming up.

First Half begins. 0:00

0:19 Goal scored
Goal! Stoke City 1, Arsenal 0. Peter Crouch (Stoke City) right footed shot from very close range to the bottom right corner. Assisted by Mame Biram Diouf.

9FFiVyd.jpg

I still rate Willian. I don't give a fuck. He plays and defends like someone that weighs 2st more than he actually is. Those type of players with his technical abilities are a rarity.

He just needs to put the shots that he takes on target. He doesn't even have to score more goals as those will come. But he has to start challenging keepers with the shots--which is admittedly a decent amount per game--that he's taking.

This game was a perfect example of why this system needs a player like Matic to protect Cahill and Terry at the back. That second goal was built off of Mikel's error in judgement to lunge forward, missing the ball and player, and not having the vision, desire or physical ability to trackback and recover. There's a reason Matic has played a part in every single one of our games this year. He's played every game and is as vital to this Mourinho squad as Makelele was ten years ago.

edit: Holy shit, Stoke already up. I might switch over.

Have to hope City drop points though cause most of our players don't have experience of winning the title. I'm worried they could still crumble under pressure.

GQman2121

Banned
Have to hope City drop points though cause most of our players don't have experience of winning the title. I'm worried they could still crumble under pressure.

Absolutely. It's a another reason I believe Drogba was brought back with Lampard exiting. It's good to have players around that have won to keep everyone focused down the stretch when things will undoubtedly be tight.

City/Everton on tv at the same time this Playstation thing kicks off. Turning into a decent Saturday.

stoke have already made 233 fouls.

please stop.

Nearly 17 per game does seem a bit much......

Hixx

Surprised how little Liverpool are pressing. We are terrible at coping when teams do it.

Honestly fuck this ref.

Linius

mSGWzyM.png

13 - Ajax lost 13 Eredivisie games with Frank de Boer as coach; 11 fewer than other ever-present teams in that period. Focus. #DeBoer4Years

2.8 - Ajax averaged more league points in December than in any other month with Frank de Boer as manager. Festive. #DeBoer4Years

0.93 - Since Frank de Boer became coach, Ajax conceded 0.93 goal per Eredivisie game; fewer than any other team. Closed. #DeBoer4Years

#wegoagain

Top Bottom