• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT9| - How the Snitch stole all the banter

Scum

Hull 2 - 2 West Brom
Liverpool 3 - 1 Sunderland
QPR 2 - 1 Burnley
Stoke 1 - 3 Arsenal
Spurs 1 - 2 C. Palace
Man City 2 - 1 Everton

Tabby

gun__1357902370_invincibles2004.jpg

Oh look! It's the real invincibles.

Empty

yes pardew

thank you for killing weeks of insufferable, ridiculously premature "debate" about whether this chelsea team can go unbeaten

Scum

Finally took my Chinese test this morning, went great.

Went to my favourite restaurant for dinner to celebrate my birthday this evening, which also went great.

Now it's just time for Liverpool

to fuck everything up

igbTpFCTdgV1H.gif

Newcastle played it well, knew what they had to do. Bad performance from Chelsea again too though, Mikel and Fabregas needing 10 touches before passing sideways, Costa not really getting into the right positions, although it's hard to blame him too much when the play around him was so slow. Willian taking lots of bad shots and Cahill with a brain fart.

On the plus side, the talk about chelsea going undefeated is finally over.

Well that sucks, definitely missed Matic but well played to Newcastle defended quite well.

Desperately need to work on how we play against teams set up like today and against Sunderland the other week.

Moobabe

yes pardew

thank you for killing weeks of insufferable, ridiculously overdue "debate" about whether this chelsea team can go unbeaten

The only people talking like that were the media who, when we eventually lost, could say "we knew they couldn't do it!"

Frustrating game to watch - Newcastle wasted so much time I was surprised when John Hartson for the BBC said he couldn't believe 6 minutes were added on; 6 subs, 3 goals, 1 red card and every time the ball went dead for Newcastle they took about 20 seconds to restart the play.

As for us, we play too narrow, especially against 10 men. Willian, Hazard and Schurrle ALL guilty of coming inside instead creating space by going wide and delivering crosses for Drogba and Costa - pretty tactically naive I thought.

Gibbo

I wont lie. I kissed pardews face when he appeared on screen at the final whistle

What was mou doing with his hands as he went into the tunnel?

Hixx

We lead, others follow
x1EZcwh.png

Still annoyed with the team we've put out. I mean, Liverpool are pretty shit at the moment but Gus doesn't realize that a half-fit Cattermole is better than Bcutz, an empty shirt is better than Gomez and diarrhoea is better than Altidore.

Chelsea's Christmas/New Year fixture list is pretty harsh.

Saints, Everton, Spurs in 6 days.

Much easier one for City.

Chelsea will win the league though. City are a weak side IMO.

choodi

Banned
I'll do my yearly drive-by of the football thread to say, 'fuck chelsea, fuck mourinho, go the toon, pardew in'.

See you in 12 months when mourinho visits St James again...

GQman2121

Banned
Fair play to Newcastle. We prove once again that we're unable to deal with sides this season that are willing to wait and attack once we run out of ideas or become impatient around the box.

I would like to see us go with two strikers against Hull.

Im not pissed off we lost, I don't mind losing really it was going to happen sooner or later, the issue I have is how we lose. Newcastle of course played very well and deserved their points for being clinical if nothing else but the chances existed for us to get something from it.

Why is Mikel shooting from outside the box? Outside of the rest of his game being shit, he's scored like 3 goals for us in his career, when the ball comes to him what makes him think "I, Jon Obi Mikel am the best person to shoot this ball into the net?" Nothing, nothing goes into his fucking head except newspaper headlines and ridiculous dreams.

Why is Ivanovic doing the same thing? He's a better option to do it, but these players need to learn to think. Despite going long ball, I thought it was actually a decent tactic, we had a few chances to head it in but the players couldn't get the power on it

We get ourselves in a position to potentially snatch a late point and they suddenly all think they're fucking Messi and start shooting from all over the place, its a waste and they've done it for years.

Filipe Luis is a left back, suddenly decides he's a centre back for that second Newcastle goal when we already have two covering a player they can't get the ball off and leaves Cisse free on the left for the simplest finish.

I really don't see one of Schurrle or Willian at the club next season. Its not their fault we didn't get something particularly but I just think we can't have a position where both of our options lack that final product.

Scum

willian wasn't worth the money.

he dribbles a lot. that's pretty much it.
Should have let him have his medical with us, innit.

Chelsea's Christmas/New Year fixture list is pretty harsh.

Saints, Everton, Spurs in 6 days.

Much easier one for City.

Chelsea will win the league though. City are a weak side IMO.

Viva, pls. What's harsh about playing us? ¬_¬

Ve1ocity

Blueprint to beating chelsea = park bus + counter attack.

If any team that plays us from now on doesn't play like this they are idiots and deserve to lose, we cannot brake down a good defence, it's that simple.

Top Bottom