• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

"It's like football"

Arnie listen to yourself. Look what Brenda is doing to you.

In the sense that it's played on a green surface by men in uniforms and it's competitive.

I can watch it with Spaghetti Bolognese and just enjoy it, rather than fume at a linesman or Dejan fucking Lovren.

Next match is a must win for Rodgers, against Sanchez and co, it will be a big task.

As for Simeone or Klopp, what budget can Liverpool give them, they are broke, maybe their sugar daddy owner can give them money, ffp is only for clubs that can get into Europe so it might not be a problem.

Sugar daddy, broke

Stop chatting shit.

Blablurn

It is if you took the one team that wasn't crappy and made them crappy with your immeasurable wealth.

No offense, but shut up. thats like the most stupid argument of all time. fucking old and wrong. your creativity reminds me of pools offense. it lacks.

no offense tho.

Bold One

no offense, but you're like the worst poster of all time.

8sPwHlG.gif

Wilbur

Banned
At work so haven't really posted my thoughts but:

winning 3-0 and your keeper being MOTM as well as both teams being poor is... is a fucking weird result.

jokes

The club posted losses two years in a row, hence ffp scrutiny.

Where did the extra money on top of the Suarez money come from?

CL qualification, high league position, PL TV money, and the rest of the stuff a club makes money from

Losses are being written off afaik as money owed from Hicks & Gillette's business dealings which is why FFP wasn't a huge problem in the summer. We're not Man Utd, but we're not broke, and we're not funded by a sugar daddy either.

jts

...hate me...
I slept throughout the whole thing but I feel so sorry for Pool.

I did think of an insane face swap GIF reaction that would make footy GAF just take a bow but I don't think I have the skills.

Elchele

Leverkusen really needs to sign some depth, they are great aside of it. Gladbach is struggling by playing EL and Bundesliga too, but they at least have a bit of depth in their squad.

scently

Herrera needs to start. He's so much better than Fellaini it's ridiculous.

Honestly. The moment he came in he was making much better passes, tackles and interceptions. Ofcourse we manage to lose possession the moment he gives it to somebody else but that's not his fault. He bring a lot more energy too. But if you have noticed he has been playing in the 10 position ever since Fellaini started starting. Don't know if LVG still sees him as a CM.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We need to get an extra midfielder on, we aren't able to control anything with this 442.

Jburton

Banned
CL qualification, high league position, PL TV money, and the rest of the stuff a club makes money from

Losses are being written off afaik as money owed from Hicks & Gillette's business dealings which is why FFP wasn't a huge problem in the summer. We're not Man Utd, but we're not broke, and we're not funded by a sugar daddy either.

If they post a profit or break even in regards to this season I will believe you.

Apart from that they have lost money every season for the past few and still spent money.

pulsemyne

Hmm a half of two halves. Spurs dominated the first twenty minutes after their goal but Swansea dominated the second half with a flurry of chances falling to Bony. The second half should be interesting.

Absolutely not, no. And I'm ok with that.

We need a heel of a lot more work and tbh further transfers.

Our defenders are poor as is our central midfield when Herrera's not playing.

To add to that we need more pace in attack. Januzaj and Wilson need to develop so they can add to the pace Di Maria offers. Valencia and Young have pace, but they're useless in attack for the most part.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmm a half of two halves. Spurs dominated the first twenty minutes after their goal but Swansea dominated the second half with a flurry of chances falling to Bony. The second half should be interesting.

If we don't make a change at HT I think you're going to score soon. We aren't able to control things with this set-up.

To add to that we need more pace in attack. Januzaj and Wilson need to develop so they can add to the pace Di Maria offers. Valencia and Young have pace, but they're useless in attack for the most part.

Valencia was great today, has been for the last few games.

Absolutely agree we need more pace in attack. Would like to see us go for Depay. We need more proper wingers.

pulsemyne

If we don't make a change at HT I think you're going to score soon. We aren't able to control things with this set-up.

I think the weather isn't helping you either. A couple of yellow cards due to bad slide challenges. Could be risky to keep those players on.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Brendans interview on the bbc

"The most important thing for me is that we looked like scoring"

scently

Valencia was great today, has been for the last few games.

Absolutely agree we need more pace in attack. Would like to see us go for Depay. We need more proper wingers.

We need more pace in attack but Adnan doesn't have that. In fact, over the past few games he's played this season, he somehow manages to slow down play, many times unnecessarily so. Also, we haven't played 433 in a while. I personally feel he should go one loan, both for playing time and for experience.

Depay will be a good option though, he is quite fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom