• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

1.png

He's not playing with Málaga and is desperately looking for a way out. Good shot stopper, and even when I can see it happening he's not what they need at all.

@Liverpool fans, can you recall us ever finishing so poorly in the course of a single match?

I've seen us miss 3, and I've seen us only score 1 from 4 or 5.

But to fail to score from 6 clear chances is mental

There's a guy who does cause keepers problems.

Bony is the player Liverpool need. Unfortunately they're more likely to bring back Robbie Fowler.

He signed a new contract and would have better offers than us anyway now

If Balotelli carries on playing like that, the goals will come hopefully. We won't play against many teams who let him play on the shoulder and find space in the box so easily, at least not without putting ourselves into a position where they switch off because we've already lost.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Villa
Newcastle
Spurs
Stoke

Next 4 games :3

Really hope we can get Di Maria back

Blablurn

both signed a Serie A striker and now are doomed

:lol

you should have seen doppelpass today.

one guy said:

"dortmund should have bought last years #2 striker in italy. he would score. (luca toni)" looool

and paul breitner on the topic "schalke":

"schalke plays 3-5-2. like all the italians do. this is why italian football is where it is and why schalke sucks"

lol

Brendans interview on the bbc

"The most important thing for me is that we looked like scoring"

Obviously he's looking on the bright side as managers do when the team is shit and their job is in question, but that was a vastly improved attacking performance, even if we had nothing to show for it

Play with that movement against other teams and our results should improve, though that obviously rests on our finishing improving as well

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Too late Poch. Sub needed to be made when we were winning the game.

TeddyBoy

Shelvey in.

jonjo-shelvey_2346370b.jpg

I wish he stayed and Allen never came

Shelvey isn't good enough mate. He might be one day but when we sold him he was too strong in the tackle and could barely defend.

Although he should have taught Allen how to score before we sold him.

Splatt

Shelvey isn't good enough mate. He might be one day but when we sold him he was too strong in the tackle and could barely defend.

Yeah I know, but I loved his passion on the field.

I'll never forget that epic showdown between him and Frogson :lol:

He signed a new contract and would have better offers than us anyway now

If Balotelli carries on playing like that, the goals will come hopefully. We won't play against many teams who let him play on the shoulder and find space in the box so easily, at least not without putting ourselves into a position where they switch off because we've already lost.

I like Balotelli and hope he stays in English football mostly because he's a character, especially when he's on form. That said, I don't think he'll come good for Liverpool, the fans and the press are against him now and I think his ego will make him more likely to fuck off than knuckle down.

Falcao is in a similar position at United but he has a far tougher job or coming back from injury and having to compete with Rooney/RVP for a place. These excuses will let him see out the season in the hope that he finds form. I'm not sure if he will though, especially when he's playing for scraps at the moment.

Ultimately I think they were both poor transfers. Falcao's screamed of "we're Manchester United we're still relevant to attract the biggest names in football" despite not actually needing while Balotelli's was more "oh shit we just lost a big name striker, we need someone else well known so we don't look like a selling club".

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Lamela just doesn't look suited to this league. Baldini bought players suited for Serie A, not the PL.

DBT85

Do United fans think they can win title? Not too far off now.

Not at all, but I'm OK with that. We're getting results when we shouldn't which is better than last year. There's already been one clear out and the summer will see another and more signings.

Most important this year is to take arsenals trophy and get back in the CL next year.

This year of #philosophy will give Gaal the time to trim more dead wood and make better choices for next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom