• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
0prJEfi.gif

:lol :lol

To be fair though, unless something was to happen to Real Madrid's team, like major injuries or whatever, it was just a question of when were Atletico or Barça going to drop points. It's not possible to keep up with their current god-mode.

miserable

To be fair though, unless something was to happen to Real Madrid's team, like major injuries or whatever, it was just a question of when were Atletico or Barça going to drop points. It's not possible to keep up with their current god-mode.

pls don't jinx it m8

dc89

GTA V is so good on PS4. I love just wandering round the world, chatting to the pedestrians (apart from in the hood where they just pull a gun on you) and seeing the random stuff that goes down.

iBDUWNrXME23G-WKqJGKqw_0_0.jpg

Dark Rider

about that..
the CWC is coming and it worry me to no end

:x

Wilbur

Banned
Alright my long awaited thoughts which I know you're desperate for:

Far better going forward today than against Stoke, Arse, Saints. Even if we were sloppy in possession, we showed a lot of intent (and were matched by Liverpool in that regard). Young and Valencia played well, Rooney had a very good game, and Carrick did his best to influence things from defence.

Defending wise, sloppy. Too many balls given away, blind passes and sloppy ones. Part of that I attribute to having players in unnatural positions, part of that the fact Evans and Jones are only just back from injury, part of that another changed defence, part of that the fact we had no holder in midfield... part of it complacency and laziness. Those errors need to be stopped.

It is easy to say in hindsight, but I think we got our team selection pretty spot on today (arguably Herrera for Fellaini), and despite Liverpool having a lot of shots I wouldn't say they were the better team. They didn't take their chances. They made even bigger errors. That third goal... what Lovren is doing I just don't know.

I think Rodgers got their team selection wrong. Lucas should have started instead of Allen, and then when Balotelli came on it should have been for Allen. Not because he's terrible, but because when you're looking for goals, he offers nothing. When you're looking for defensive protection from the output, he offers nothing. Good at recycling possession, but 2-0 down, away from home, desperate for a win... that isn't what Liverpool needed.

I enjoyed the game and never really felt in danger, despite Liverpool's shots. To win with that scoreline playing with all our summer signings either injured or on the bench is very pleasing. Wish Wilson and/or Falcao got some of our goals, but still very pleasing indeed.

Clegg

Gonna give Marco Polo a watch. I've generally been impressed by Netflix' own shows so I'm looking forward to this one.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The prospect of signing a winger is quite tantalising tbh

I miss Di Maria, i miss the pace, I miss Shaw

Good thing based Valencia showed up today

Gonna give Marco Polo a watch. I've generally been impressed by Netflix' own shows so I'm looking forward to this one.

Let us know how it is m8. I still haven't watched OiTNB s2 despite really liking s1 :lol

and I've been addicted to the X-Files and Fringe.

Atleti dropped points too? OH BABY!

I'm not going to start crossing off Barca and Atleti like they did to us when we were 6 points behind in the beginning of the season, that would be foolish with our January/February window coming up.

I just hope we can come back form the CWC without any injuries, those other clubs take that trophy to heart.

HALA MADRID!

Messi

Atleti dropped points too? OH BABY!

I'm not going to start crossing off Barca and Atleti like they did to us when we were 6 points behind in the beginning of the season, that would be foolish with our January/February window coming up.

I just hope we can come back form the CWC without any injuries, those other clubs take that trophy to heart.

HALA MADRID!

I never wrote off Madrid, that would be silly.

Wilbur

Banned
If we're keeping score of #MoyesVersusGaal against last season's top seven:

DM - P12 W1 D3 L8
LVG - P5 W3 D1 L1

what a time to be alive

A staggering statistic..
As on 13th Dec, Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more goals on his own than 15/20 EPL teams, 15/20 La Liga teams, 14/18 Bundesliga teams and 16/20 Serie A teams
Powerhouse performance. Is he human?

I watched the first three episodes last night. It is pretty good, the cinematography is amazing.

Pretty decent weekend. We won and didn't lose anymore players. Can't complain about that.

Wish Ozil was fit though.

Ozil? I think I heard him in a psychophony one of those nights in a paranormal phenomena radio show. What a guy.

Zabojnik

Saw Gone Girl yesterday and honestly ... it just didn't click with me. Solid effort from Fincher, that much is obvious, but ehhh. Something felt off.

Lightning

Banned
I watched the first three episodes last night. It is pretty good, the cinematography is amazing.

Ozil? I think I heard him in a psychophony one of those nights in a paranormal phenomena radio show. What a guy.
Good that you kept your humour after such a satisfying result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom