• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

jts

...hate me...
AVB watching the game on the presidential box.

You're not fishing for players m8. Neither for Zenit nor for Liverpool
TmMPSj7.png

Wilbur

Banned
Saw Gone Girl yesterday and honestly ... it just didn't click with me. Solid effort from Fincher, that much is obvious, but ehhh. Something felt off.

Just a bit pedestrian for me. Good fun, looked great, but from a guy who has legit made four masterpieces in my eyes it was nothing special.

Pretty decent weekend. We won and didn't lose anymore players. Can't complain about that.

Wish Ozil was fit though.
We don't need Ozil if we're not going to use him as an AM and link him up with a forward that is faster than Giroud. It doesn't matter anyway, as long as we have players that can potentially be great we'll be fine. Chambers will keep us alive.

Theory: Mignolet was fine against Sunderland and Basle, but has been dropped 'indefinitely.' That means Rodgers has decided to get a new keeper in January, and is playing Jones for the last few games of the year to decide whether Jones is good enough to be our second choice. Essentially, he's done it to decide whether we should get rid of both of them, or just Mignolet.

Wilbur

Banned
Theory: Mignolet was fine against Sunderland and Basle, but has been dropped 'indefinitely.' That means Rodgers has decided to get a new keeper in January, and is playing Jones for the last few games of the year to decide whether Jones is good enough to be our second choice. Essentially, he's done it to decide whether we should get rid of both of them, or just Mignolet.

that third goal should confirm he isnt good enough

what was he doing

Peco

I hope we keep playing with this intensity in the second half as well.

Menez goal was great but other than that he makes me so fucking mad.

jts

...hate me...
Haha.

The fuck.

Benfica Benfica'ing. Completely against the game tide.

Not going to win this though.

what was he doing

Same as the 1st, anticipating the shot and over committing instead of trusting his reflexes. Not really surprising if he's low on confidence after being 2nd choice to Mignolet in all fairness.

what was he doing

Fuck knows

You could see that Van Persie started off aiming for the corner, then noticed that Jones was stood on his heels and had given up on it, so decided to just make sure he got it on target.

Scum

Who do you want? Reina? Ochoa?? Cech??

Fintan

I didn't see enough Southampton last year to have an opinion, so I have a question. Was Lovren genuinely good for Southampton? Or carried by a good defense/coaching? Is he doing badly now as a result of a bad overall defense/coaching? Did he display hints of the faults that were to come at Liverpool while at Southampton?

I'm just a bit baffled that a player who by all initial accounts was considered a good signing, if a bit overpriced at 20 million pounds, could turn out to be so terrible.

Who do you want? Reina? Ochoa?? Cech??

Reverse order and you've got it. No chance Cech moves to us though, and I question Ochoa if he can't get in Malaga's team, and nobody tried signing him after the World Cup

Reina's not even worth talking about, not happening in a million years.

Humidex

I didn't see enough Southampton last year to have an opinion, so I have a question. Was Lovren genuinely good for Southampton? Or carried by a good defense/coaching? Is he doing badly now as a result of a bad overall defense/coaching? Did he display hints of the faults that were to come at Liverpool while at Southampton?

I'm just a bit baffled that a player who by all initial accounts was considered a good signing, if a bit overpriced at 20 million pounds, could turn out to be so terrible.

I maintain (possibly erroneously) that Fonte kept him in check and that Dejan has been 'found out' at Liverpool, so to speak! ;-)

Wilbur

Banned

Poch is a better defensive coach than Rodgers I think, so that helps.

Lovren suffers from a lack of focus, which isn't helpful when Liverpool usually have the lion's share of possession and away teams resort to countering with pace.

He's rash and too eager to get to balls, which means he invades space that his team mates already occupy. I can't say I watched Saints a huge amount last season, but I did think Liverpool were essentially spending money on a Koscielny like player, except... not as good.

Much better DM in front of him, more organised unit around him, more dominant keeper behind him. And he was playing much better on an individual level.

Really though, most of his errors haven't been systematic. He's just fucking up left right and centre. Don't think he'll get much better either.

Scum

Just like Pique, innit. Good when Puyol was looking after him. Shite when he retired.

Reverse order and you've got it. No chance Cech moves to us though, and I question Ochoa if he can't get in Malaga's team, and nobody tried signing him after the World Cup

Reina's not even worth talking about, not happening in a million years.
Jose might let him go if you take Torres of him...

Arnie

Paul Konchesky called, he wants a word

actually wait i've got Philip Degen on hold

also Andrea Dossena left a voice message.

:p
I'll give you Konchesky. The other two I'm not at all arsed about (and I'm factoring in fee). Dossena played a pivotal role in one of the best weeks of my life. Can't knock the lad too much, even if he is sub-Sunderland tier.

ghst

thanks for the laugh

use biggest european game of the season to experiment with resting his first xi, use biggest domestic game to find out just how bad his second choice goalie is.

use biggest european game of the season to experiment with resting his first xi, use biggest domestic game to find out just how bad his second choice goalie is.

Well we already knew he's no worse than Mignolet, the question was whether he's any better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom