• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when Germans thought Balotelli was world class just because he scored 2 goals against us in 2012. Shitting their pants.

Even though it was obvious that he was just mediocre. He always was. Yes, he scored some goals here and there. But so Crouch and Demba Ba.
But Neuer doesn't so I don't understand why he was nominated for the balloon door.

Jburton

Banned
I wonder where Liverpool would be now if they swapped Suarez for Sanchez and Fabregas.

I reckon 7th place

In the alternate universe where Sanchez and Fabregas allow themselves to be make weights in a swap deal and an alternate universe where they would actually go to Liverpool?

What an absurd alternate universe that is.

What shows are those

And don't be silly, ain't nobody got time to flip pages

Flash, Arrow, Person of Interest, Blacklist.
Madam Secretary

I got one episode of Homeland to look forward to watching.

Everything else I like is even finished, cancelled, or a new season starts in January.

I have such a massive backlog to fill that void. Nothing to worry about. Mid-season breaks though, blegh.

I might try working on my gaming backlog, and there are a few animes I want to watch, but American/UK TV show are pretty much done.

Blablurn

Sna0mTB.png

Haha, at Birmingham making a top 10 on any list. As someone who lived in London for 22 years, not once did I ever feel the urge to visit Birmingham. I can't imagine why anyone would want to visit there quite frankly.

Zabojnik

Okay, I need help. What's the easiest and most efficient way to migrate all your data to a new phone? I used to just swap the sim and reinstall/reconfigure everything. Is there a better way?

Blablurn

Okay, I need help. What's the easiest and most efficient way to migrate all your data to a new phone? I used to just swap the sim and reinstall/reconfigure everything. Is there a better way?

i dont think so. i always sign in with my usual google play store address and download everything again.

Facism

Gold Member
Virgin broadband has been shyte this last week. Getting 10mb instead of the 60mb i should be getting. This needs to be sorted before the steam sale.

Haha, at Birmingham making a top 10 on any list. As someone who lived in London for 22 years, not once did I ever feel the urge to visit Birmingham. I can't imagine why anyone would want to visit there quite frankly.

I don't think I've ever lived in a place where I felt I'd be stabbed at any moment like I did with Birmingham

jts

...hate me...
1am here man, a bit late lol.

I got to 18-1-1 W/D/L on a new account on FIFA, FootballFan-senpai.

I hope you notice me.

The L came from a bloke who was apparently doing the same as he also only had a few matches, almost only wins :(

Facism

Gold Member

it's actually a pretty friendly place on a night out. You'd think you'd get stabbed, but i've had more violent interactions in Leamington than I have in Birmingham.

Can't take the accent seriously, though :)

FootballFan

I got to 18-1-1 W/D/L on a new account on FIFA, FootballFan-senpai.

I hope you notice me.

The L came from a bloke who was apparently doing the same as he also only had a few matches, almost only wins :(

Nice! It gets easier each time.

You can slip up against some shit players though so always get that 3 goal lead before fucking around lol.

CCS

Banned
Best FIFA game ever was me and one of the guys on my course against two of our tutors. We were 3-0 up, started pissing around, they got it back to 3-3, we won on penalties. I was shitting bricks at the end though haha

Scum

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Real Madrid are prepared to break the goalkeeping transfer record to sign Manchester United's David De Gea, 24, for a fee eclipsing the £33m Juventus paid for Gianluigi Buffon in 2001. (Daily Express)
However, De Gea has reportedly told team-mates he is staying at Old Trafford and is happy to sign a new contract. (The Sun - subscription required)
Crystal Palace are planning to sign Roma's former Chelsea left-back Ashley Cole, 33, on loan. (Daily Mail)
Manchester United and Manchester City are ready to make £20m bids for Barcelona's 26-year-old midfielder Ivan Rakitic in January. (Daily Express)
Liverpool are making an attempt to sign Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech, 32, on loan. (Daily Mirror)
Newly appointed Real Sociedad boss David Moyes hopes to agree a loan deal with former club Manchester United for 19-year-old forward Adnan Januzaj. (Daily Star)
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet is planning to strengthen his attack in January with a move for 22-year-old Burnley striker Danny Ings. (Daily Star)
Tottenham are considering offloading strikers Emmanuel Adebayor and Roberto Soldado to fund a move for Porto's Jackson Martinez, 28. (Daily Express)
Burnley and Leicester are eyeing unsettled £5m-rated Crystal Palace striker Dwight Gayle, 24. (Daily Mirror)
Liverpool have agreed a £3m deal to sign 29-year-old Malaga goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa. (Metro)

OTHER GOSSIP
West Brom's highly-rated 21-year-old striker Saido Berahino is said to be locked in a stand-off over a new contract at the Hawthorns, with Tottenham and Liverpool monitoring developments. (The Sun - subscription required)
West Ham are planning to sack manager Sam Allardyce despite him guiding the Hammers to fourth place in the Premier League. (Daily Star)
The Qatari government is lining up a £1bn takeover of Tottenham. (The Sun - subscription required)
Liverpool hope to persuade Raheem Sterling to sign a new contract as interest in the England international grows, with Bayern Munich now among those keen on recruiting the 20-year-old. (The Independent)
Rangers are set to offer former Nottingham Forest boss Billy Davies the job of resurrecting their fortunes if they reach an agreement for manager Ally McCoist to leave Ibrox. (Daily Record)
Birmingham have offered 18-year-old homegrown striker Demarai Gray a two-year contract extension following his first-half hat-trick against Reading last weekend. (Birmingham Mail)
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal was named coach of the year at the Dutch Sports Gala, as striker Robin van Persie picked up an award for his stunning World Cup header for the Netherlands against Spain. (Daily Mail)
Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been criticised by former AC Milan team-mate Adel Taarabt. (Daily Mail)
Newcastle manager Alan Pardew says his cup record at the club is an "embarrassment" that needs changing. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United defender Phil Jones has defended his injury record, having made only his fifth club appearance of the season in Sunday's Premier League win over Liverpool. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester City will stage the first game at their new Academy stadium on Thursday, the FA Youth Cup tie against Oxford United. (Manchester Evening News)

BEST OF SOCIAL MEDIA
"Watched every single Thierry Henry goal for Arsenal about 100 times and still get goosebumps," tweeted Southampton defender Jack Stephens after the Frenchman retired from football.

AND FINALLY...
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is planning to make his players walk over hot coals - literally. The Argentine used the tactic at Southampton and is considering it at White Hart Lane as Spurs seek their first trophy since 2008. "It's very good because we spend maybe four or five hours all together, as a team building activity," he says. (Daily Star)
Celtic have shown their thoughtful side ahead of Christmas by offering unemployed fans free tickets to watch the team take on Ross County. (Metro)

GorillaJu

Yep!

Have you missed my previous post? Maybe you can give me advice!

There is lots of great introductory reading for new players. You can just start playing games. You'll probably lose and be confused at first but you'll catch on.

I think you gotta try jumping in the pool before you learn how to swim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom