• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I love reading the lyrical commentary and explanation on rap genius.

Currently reading up on "Notorious Thugs".

Great song, been singing this to myself on long walks along with Party and Bullshit

He really does have some insane verses

Of course I change the N word to "Brotha"

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Bet no-one here imagines me being black do they

Mr Cola

I do not. I've seen your FIFA avatar and I know no one would ever lie about their looks using a FIFA avatar.

Except for Wooden.

Im so tempted to post up the passport pic i got the other day, in my mothers own words "You look like you have just killed someone, why didnt you retake it"

She thinks ill get searched at airports

L1NETT

I've just been reading about the provocation of the peasantry [i.e., Raheem] in 1381. John Henry [of Gaunt innit] had better watch it.

May I recommend Peasant Movements in England before 1381 by our unis very own Rodney Hilton

That article is great, and Bond Men Made Free is terrific.

Hixx

MEeKaks.jpg

Anyone recognise this handsome devil? Fuck GIS for ruining these things btw. Fuck Google.

Everyday is brutal

Now we're being watched by Google

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

MEeKaks.jpg

Anyone recognise this handsome devil? Fuck GIS for ruining these things btw. Fuck Google.

Everyday is brutal

Now we're being watched by Google

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

I want to say Sam Allardyce.

edit: holy shit please tell me I am right, i just saw he played for Sunderland on wiki

edit edit: I had no idea about Big Sam's playing career. Always assumed he popped into existence when he became Bolton manager

Im so tempted to post up the passport pic i got the other day, in my mothers own words "You look like you have just killed someone, why didnt you retake it"

She thinks ill get searched at airports

"Sir it looks like you committed a section 18 Offences Against the Person Act offence prior to the taking of this photo, I'm afraid it's body cavity search time".

Good news guys, we've received an 'injury boost' in the form of Phil Jones returning to action over Christmas, meaning he can continue launching himself in to our players during training and increase our injury rate.

Salazar

May I recommend Peasant Movements in England before 1381 by our unis very own Rodney Hilton

That article is great, and Bond Men Made Free is terrific.

You certainly may. E.P. Thompson's Customs in Common started me on this road and I'm working my way (via Christopher Hill and a few others) historically backward. Truth be told, some stunning books about the Great Mutiny put me onto the track of history written against or outside a patrician/establishment contempt for the many.

Good news guys, we've received an 'injury boost' in the form of Phil Jones returning to action over Christmas, meaning he can continue launching himself in to our players during training and increase our injury rate.

I rather Phil Jones bombing forward than Evans doing it. Jones really fucking goes for it - even if it remains unclear what it is, or could be. Evans starts to overthink, gets what infant proto-cyclists refer to as "speed wobbles", and cocks it all up.

Can we please talk about the disappointment that is Lewandowski?

You jinxed him Milch, didnt u?

What did you expect?

He's great at keeping possession after receiving random long passes, something that's irrelevant at Bayern. His scoring was never really that great and he's not the main guy in your attack.

He played in the North American Soccer League for the Tampa Bay Rowdies. The football team shared facilities with the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Allardyce subsequently applied in his managerial career many practices of American football with regards to training, player management and tactics

Holy shit, it all makes sense now.

Hixx

I want to say Sam Allardyce.

edit: holy shit please tell me I am right, i just saw he played for Sunderland on wiki

edit edit: I had no idea about Big Sam's playing career. Always assumed he popped into existence when he became Bolton manager

Was it the chin or the chain that gave it away?

Carbonox

Arrow midseason finale was brilliant. First episode of the season that was legit.

Nothing to watch now cos of all the midseason finales so I'm going to throw in 4/5 extra wanks in a day.

I'm glad Chelsea gave Robbie an early Christmas present yesterday by beating Sporting.
What A Legend

The Chelsea game was better then I expected considering it was mostly meaningless. I was surprised Fabregas and Matic started but they were both brilliant.
Loftus-Cheek or Cheeky-Loftus as one guy in the stand was calling him looks a real tough player and Zouma is really starting to look the part. I don't think it will be that long until he is starting regularly for Chelsea and France.

I rather Phil Jones bombing forward than Evans doing it. Jones really fucking goes for it - even if it remains unclear what it is, or could be. Evans starts to overthink, gets what infant proto-cyclists refer to as "speed wobbles", and cocks it all up.

While true Jones's first touch terrifies me.

Salazar

Seeing Evans in defense terrifies me

Never more so than when he's facing his own goal, shielding the ball, and gambling that the ref will sympathise with his act.

Kick it out. Turn outside and fucking put your foot through it. Pass to Dave if it's on. Something other than falling over.

Hixx

When you look at what some English players are earning purely because they are English (Wickham £45k, Colback £50k, Shaw £300k) does £70k for Sterling look so bad?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
When you look at what some English players are earning purely because they are English (Wickham £45k, Colback £50k, Shaw £300k) does £70k for Sterling look so bad?

I was thinking the same. £70k seems fairly low by today's standards

or maybe Liverpool just have better financial management than anyone would imagine

KidJr

Thats banter (luke shaw being paid 130k).

You cant pay an 18 year old 130k man, other than love for the sport what else is their to push him to really motivate him.

Clegg

Apart from the Hibbert penalty, Shaw hasn't hasnt had a bad performance for us.

Needs to stop breaking himself tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom