• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/2015 |OT10| -Proud Of Our Heritage-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Do you guys think Thiago regrets moving to Bayern? He could have been our Rakitic. But I understand why he left. Just wondering.

jts

...hate me...
Where are you flying to bro? Those are pro airport moves you have.

I'm flying home to Portugal for Christmas. I'm at Helsinki.

I've taken this flight many times and it's either this or paying 100€+ for 5 hours of sleep at the airport Hilton.

But seriously, this airport is the best for waiting. An incredibly quiet hallway full of nice benches (bloke closest to me is like 20 meters away on another bench minding his business with headphones).

When I get bored I'll just put some Game of Thrones on. And the wifi is even fast enough to handle Netflix if I want to.

Senstational.

Beer? Whisky? Cristal?

The public demands answers!
Heh. I don't want to sound like a knob but I got me a Starbucks ice caramel thing.

The missus texted me to buy her a Starbucks xmas mug and they were running a sale that you get a free drink with it, any size. So I just rolled with it.

Messi

I've taken this flight many times and it's either this or paying 100€+ for 5 hours of sleep at the airport Hilton.

But seriously, this airport is the best for waiting. An incredibly quiet hallway full of nice benches (bloke closest to me is like 20 meters away on another bench minding his business with headphones).

When I get bored I'll just put some Game of Thrones on. And the wifi is even fast enough to handle Netflix if I want to.

Senstational.

living the life m8. Any Burger King nearby?

Blablurn

Senstational.

Are you going to pull a love actually?

zT4VDJl.jpg

i like the movie

jts

...hate me...
living the life m8. Any Burger King nearby?
Nah, I don't think so.

There's a Starbucks and a couple of no name shops and a mini-market. Everything is about to close now though.

Already got a slice of pizza, I'm good. I don't like to have a full stomach before flying. Otherwise, just before the flight, when the nerves kick I have to rush to the toilet. Hard.

Are you going to pull a love actually?
I don't remember what that was but no. I'm not sappy anymore.

Humidex

Heh. I don't want to sound like a knob but I got me a Starbucks ice caramel thing.

The missus texted me to buy her a Starbucks xmas mug and they were running a sale that you get a free drink with it, any size. So I just rolled with it.

Nice - have a safe trip!

Ever thought about joining a frequent flyer scheme?

noal

Banned
I have a couple of duplicates from my birthday in book form.

So...

...if anybody wants a copy of The God Delusion or Born On The Fourth Of July, send me a PM and I'll post to the first two replies stating Which book you want.

Elchele

Do you guys think Thiago regrets moving to Bayern? He could have been our Rakitic. But I understand why he left. Just wondering.

Barcelona are shit now, so I doubt it.

And I think he regrets more getting his treatment in Barcelona instead of doing it in Germany.

jts

...hate me...
Nice - have a safe trip!

Ever thought about joining a frequent flyer scheme?
I did that before the last flight I took, on the crap company I almost always fly with - TAP. I don't know if it's worth it but there was no drawbacks so might as well try and see if I get something out of it.

I haven't been up to date with the news, but this company was at war with their workers 2 months ago when I flew in to Finland. It was like half an hour into the flight when they announced that they were flying without a radar so they they had to turn around. Shit, was I scared for a minute there.

I actually used to be too afraid to fly. It's not that I'm particularly happy about it now, but I just do it without thinking too much of it.

bud

I just had a chat with Habeeb from customer service at Amazon. After South Park these chats will never be the same.

EVc3gcA.jpg

last year this woman with a very thick indian accent from microsoft's support centre called me up telling me my windows os needed an update.

... i haven't had a windows pc since 2008.

the name she gave me was abigail or something. it made me laugh because she obviously didn't sound like an abigail.

anyway, we ended up talking for about an hour. her name was not abigal. then her supervisor came in so she had to hang up. she had given me her real name and wanted me to add her on facebook. after a while, she called again and we had another, like, twenty minute talk.

too bad she wasn't hot.

Elchele

I just had a chat with Habeeb from customer service at Amazon. After South Park these chats will never be the same.

[imfg]http://i.imgur.com/EVc3gcA.jpg[/img]

I had one of those chats the other day. I was asking if the PS4 bundle with tlou/gta5 was going to be available again or was just a thanksgiving deal.

He told me to wait a minute. I waited for 5 minutes and then he sends me a link to GTA5 for ps4. I told him that I should have been more clear, and explained him that I wanted the console bundle with the games.

I waited another 5-8 minutes and then he sends me a link to TLoU ps4.

I left the chat after that.

Linius

last year this woman with a very thick indian accent from microsoft's support centre called me up telling me my windows os needed an update.

the name she gave me was abigail or something. it made me laugh because she obviously didn't sound like an abigail.

anyway, we ended up talking for about an hour. her name was not abigal. then her supervisor came in so she had to hang up. she had given me her real name and wanted me to add her on facebook. after a while, she called again and we had another, like, twenty minute talk.

too bad she wasn't hot.

FkJDg3S.gif

I've worked in a callcenter for a short while. I've heard the stories of co-workers getting in touch with people they called for business :p

Humidex

I did that before the last flight I took, on the crap company I almost always fly with - TAP. I don't know if it's worth it but there was no drawbacks so might as well try and see if I get something out of it.

TAP? Star Alliance. So around 2000 miles between HEL and LIS (for instance). You could get enough miles to redeem for a flight or upgrade as needs be. Star Alliance are a big network, includes United/Air Canada/Lufthansa.

Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier, I do quite of work trying to rack up mileage on flying across the world plus spending on credit cards...

Welcome

Who do you support

The all-too-infuriating Southampton. Lightning was indeed prescient with his mentions of our fragility. Where 3Sixty?

too bad she wasn't hot.

Did you hit that?

I remember working for an NHS outpatient call centre and speaking to a very nice woman with a speech impediment who had suffered brain damage as a result of being beaten to near-death by her ex husband. Needless to say I didn't stick with that one for long.

scently

Interesting that Soton lost today. In the last 5 games they have 4 losses and 1 draw. Their upcoming fixture list doesn't get any easier. I am curious to see where they are in terms of points and league position after the next 5-6 games in which they will be facing Everton, Man City, Man U and Chelsea. The injury situation is really hitting them hard.

Linius

I remember working for an NHS outpatient call centre and speaking to a very nice woman with a speech impediment who had suffered brain damage as a result of being beaten to near-death by her ex husband. Needless to say I didn't stick with that one for long.

I worked for a callcenter that 'sells' charity donations to people. In other words, I had to convince people to start donating on a monthly basis and that sort of shit. At one point I had to call for some cancer organisation and literally everyone on the list was 70 years or older. I was screaming trough that headset to have a decent conversation.

Needless to say I left that job after about three weeks. Pushing people over to get them to donate money for charity isn't for me. It fucking stinks to convince people of shit they don't want.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting that Soton lost today. In the last 5 games they have 4 losses and 1 draw. Their upcoming fixture list doesn't get any easier. I am curious to see where they are in terms of points and league position after the next 5-6 games in which they will be facing Everton, Man City, Man U and Chelsea. The injury situation is really hitting them hard.

We probably won't get relegated.

That's something.

Right

RIGHT

bud

if god is real, why won't he show himself to us?

i'm not saying he has to do that, like, every day, but just once.

just once.

let me know he's real.

why can't he do that?

Humidex

Basic defensive mistakes and a thin squad beyond the first team haven't helped matters.

Schneiderlin missing? Yeah, that's hurting right now as well.

Mané? Not convinced.

And why not start Dusan on the left eh, RonKo?

jts

...hate me...
TAP? Star Alliance. So around 2000 miles between HEL and LIS (for instance). You could get enough miles to redeem for a flight or upgrade as needs be. Star Alliance are a big network, includes United/Air Canada/Lufthansa.

Sorry, I should have mentioned earlier, I do quite of work trying to rack up mileage on flying across the world plus spending on credit cards...
Yep, that's it, Star Alliance. Well that's nice. I'm always up for free stuff :D

I should've signed up way before though. This is my 6th time taking this route in about 1.5 years.

And you're living the life :) I've never actually flew intercontinentally nor did I visit many countries. My trips as of recently are more out of need than leisure.

just once.

let me know he's real.

why can't he do that?

Maybe he's waiting to do that at the end, like the apocalypse or something. It's what Chistopher Nolan would do.

Yen

just once.

let me know he's real.

why can't he do that?
God refuses to prove he exists, for proof denies faith and without faith he is nothing.
"'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
"'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Humidex

Yep, that's it, Star Alliance. Well that's nice. I'm always up for free stuff :D

I should've signed up way before though. This is my 6th time taking this route in about 1.5 years.

And you're living the life :) I've never actually flew intercontinentally nor did I visit many countries. My trips as of recently are more out of need than leisure.

I did have a quick look at Amex PT...you could sign up for a credit card and put all your spending on the card to rack up the points. Of course, the rule is to only spend what you can pay back! ;-)

jts

...hate me...
God refuses to prove he exists, for proof denies faith and without faith he is nothing.
"'But,' says Man, 'the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
"'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Isn't babel fish a website on altavista to translate stuff.

Is god a webdesigner?
I did have a quick look at Amex PT...you could sign up for a credit card and put all your spending on the card to rack up the points. Of course, the rule is to only spend what you can pay back! ;-)
No. I shall go into heavy debt :p

Just kidding m8. Nice of you. I'll look into it.

scently

Basic defensive mistakes and a thin squad beyond the first team haven't helped matters.

Schneiderlin missing? Yeah, that's hurting right now as well.

Mané? Not convinced.

And why not start Dusan on the left eh, RonKo?

Why not start Tadic behind Pelle. If I recall correctly he is a No10. I feel he will be more influential than starting him on the flanks.

bud

it is my dream to use that seinfeld telemarketer line where he says something like "oh, so you don't want people calling you at home? now you know how i feel."

but i forget to do it every time they call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom