• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really.Scoring a goal like that hardly undermines the points, about him just being an ok RWB, and that Chelsea barely having players to cover both full back positions.

Dave would probably be a better RWB but Conte wants him in the 3, hope we're looking to sign a new one though

Dave would probably be a better RWB but Conte wants him in the 3, hope we're looking to sign a new one though

With both Rudiger and Andreas Christensen, I am starting to believe Azpilicueta will actually play right wing back, although it might be wishful thinking. While Azpilicueta was brilliant there for the most part last season, you could also clearly see his limits. Quite a few goals were scored with crosses towards his side of the center back line, that he pretty much never won.

Syder

EvyVBS8.gif

dcK2xKx.gif

Put in a bid for Van Dijk already. £40m + Christensen

Dunno what the deal is with Christensen, he's got champions league experience, considered home grown… should be given his chance especially as we tried to cancel that loan as soon as we signed it.

If we get Van Dijk then I won't be devastated etc, he's a very good defender and would do well for us, but can't say I'm really that interested personally in getting him.

His destiny is to play for Liverpool and be shit for them

Beefy

Dunno what the deal is with Christensen, he's got champions league experience, considered home grown… should be given his chance especially as we tried to cancel that loan as soon as we signed it.

If we get Van Dijk then I won't be devastated etc, he's a very good defender and would do well for us, but can't say I'm really that interested personally in getting him.

His destiny is to play for Liverpool and be shit for them

Chelsea seem to hate youngsters, it's weird.

Loris146

Conte always surprise me. Moses without him would be a useless player. Conte did the same with players like Pepe , Quagliarella , Padoin , Giaccherini ...

Chelsea seem to hate youngsters, it's weird.

It's not all that weird. Managers have very little room to fail at Chelsea, and are naturally drawn towards the more proven and safe options. Christensen does have the experience now though, and really should be given the chance.

It's not all that weird. Managers have very little room to fail at Chelsea, and are naturally drawn towards the more proven and safe options. Christensen does have the experience now though, and really should be given the chance.

Yeah. If we aren't doing too well by December, the idiots might sack Conte.

Beefy

If they good enough, play them. Chelsea have so many youngsters that deserve their chance. But Chelsea just seem to treat the youth as a way to make money.

-------------------

Short haired Bellerin <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Long haired Bellerin

If they good enough, play them. Chelsea have so many youngsters that deserve their chance. But Chelsea just seem to treat the youth as a way to make money.

-------------------

Short haired Bellerin <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Long haired Bellerin

I think under another manager Ake would've gone out on loan but Chalobah didn't want to. And Conte doesn't do well with being being demanded things which it seems some of them tried.

The club seem to be smartening up though with buy back clauses

Both Milan clubs have been courting his services for a while and his wife still lives in Italy.

I think they are due to move over here, if they haven't already

He won't go by December, think we really wanted to stick with Jose but it was just untenable, not confident Conte will be around next season though with out buying who he wants
Mourinho season was bad. I hope we get to know wtf happened when someone releases a book or something in future.

Kolasinac gives me life.

Cech's decisions to come out have been bizarre for a while now. I don't know if that's his age telling, or a lack of confidence in his defenders/the formation they're playing.

It's not that simple, and lets not try to act like it is. Youngsters are going to make mistakes, and will generally be a lot less reliable than more experienced players. You can't just say "if they are good enough play them", because who really knows if they are, without them getting the chance to play consistently? That is something they will never get, when the manager position is always threatened like at Chelsea. Training and friendlies are far from giving you the full picture, of how a young player will perform, and if Roman really wants youngsters to have a chance at Chelsea, he should accept this. But I doubt he ever will.

A young player with experience enough, that a Chelsea manager will rely on him is very rare. Hopefully Christensen can be that, as he actually have proven himself on a quite big stage for some time now, not too much unlike what Courtois did. But I think that is the minimum of what a youngster has to do, to be considered as an actual regular at Chelsea... A few seasons as a starter for a fairly good club in a big league, like Christensen, or Courtois.

In the end, it's fairly easy to see why pretty much no youngsters are given a chance at Chelsea, from the managers perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom