• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

AT0a0Ue.gif

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Christ this thread is moving quick

I can remember when we went through one page a fortnight

Syder

So what's the latest on Mario Götze?

I heard he 'returned to training' a month ago but I don't know if he's been getting minutes in pre-season games.

The problems in midfield were apparent for years before Ferguson left. It was obvious for a couple of seasons before Scholes retired that we needed a capable midfielder to partner Carrick, but we never brought one in. Then Scholes left and we still never signed an able replacement. Our replacement for Scholes was Scholes himself when he came out of retirement. That's disastrous planning.

And in that same period Ferguson wouldn't let Pogba play lol.

The real start of the downfall was there .

DBT85

Glad the thread has got a smidge busier, as the season wears on I'm sure it'll settle down. We desperately needed this injection of people though.

And in that same period Ferguson wouldn't let Pogba play lol.

The real start of the downfall was there .

Yep.

It's remarkable what Ferg was able to wring out if a squad with some players that even now have moved to smaller clubs and still can't make it and yey Ferg drove them to a medal.

But, he left a mess in his wake. Praise be to Gaal at least for clearing house.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
They looked at Mourinho (and by all accounts he wanted the job) too but ultimately went with Rafa - its meant to be a huge reason why Mourinho loves fucking us over lol

I'd say the ghost goal didn't help, or as I more accurately refer to it, the 'ghost - that if it wasn't a goal would have been a red card and a penalty which would have been way worse for your chances of reaching the final - goal'.

Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, does it? He never was one to let facts or common sense get in the way of his rants.

Yeah, especially this late. Selling him will be a guaranteed backwards step, given the size of the squad and the fact that CL qualifying is only a week away

The difference in reporting from UK media and the rest of the world is really weird too - hopefully this will go the way Veratti did for Barca (or Red Bull did for Keita) and FSG just tell them to piss off. But not going to pretend it isn't really worrying, it will probably be going like on until the end of the month too :(

Arsenal Fan TV won't have shit on me if they sell him after the summer we've had

Timbuktu

Yeah, especially this late. Selling him will be a guaranteed backwards step, given the size of the squad and the fact that CL qualifying is only a week away

If Coutinho plays in that qualifier, does that make him ineligible in the CL for another team?

Tony Adams buying Crystal Palace rumours are not true. Completely debunked by Palace owner Steve Parish in Twitter. Says that there are no talks about selling the club.

Who is winning tomorrow, Real or ManU??? ��

United. They will play safe and hit Madrid with long balls all game, they will want to get up to speed for Sunday without over exerting themselves but working on core aspects of the game. No one wants to pick up injuries and RM will use the Supercopa to get up to pace.

slider

Tony Adams buying Crystal Palace rumours are not true. Completely debunked by Palace owner Steve Parish in Twitter. Says that there are no talks about selling the club.

It's an odd one as rumours go. As an outsider looking in, Parish seems as good as a fan could hope for.

you're welcome. years of spanish dominance makes me crave for some good old british football. its good that man u is in the CL this year.

Thanks fam.

But we will play good old Mourinho anti football/pro hoofball and we will receive well deserved hate for killing football.

Oh well as long as he wins something I won't mind.

you're welcome. years of spanish dominance makes me crave for some good old british football. its good that man u is in the CL this year.

Feels good to be back.

Even though I don't like the thought all that much Lpool in the CL is always exciting guarantees a classic if they make it to the knockouts.

Blablurn

My first ever post in a football thread

2006, crazy. Just imagine where Bayern was back then?

We just moved into the Allianz Arena. Felix Magath, now in China, was our coach. Roy Makaay was our top goalscorer. We lost 4 – 2 against Allemania Aachen in the third round of the DFB Pokal. Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi and Gilardino scored against us in the CL quarter finals. Ali Karimi played in the midfield. Sebastian Deisler was still a thing. A young, but very talented Mats Hummels, was in the reserve team.

Time flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom