• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

weekev

Banned
Isco on another level right now

655LsTY.gif
Keeper should have had that to be fair. Pretty central.

MikeBison

It's just Isco's world and we're all living in it. M
For real though, between him and Asensio, I think they'll be fine when Ronaldo retires. Which will probably be a while anyway as the man is the peak of human physical fitness.

Few years ago I didn't think Isco would cut it at that level. But he's improved so much and taken his chance.

Couple of years ago he would get linked with the likes of Liverpool and United. Now? No fucking chance.

Damn i thought more highly of Italy but the way they are playing wtf. Not to knock on Spains game today, they played good but damn wtf is Italy doing

Damn i thought more highly of Italy but the way they are playing wtf. Not to knock on Spains game today, they played good but damn wtf is Italy doing

Tbf this is totally against the run of form of Italy. They need to react quicker, like they were doing in burst during the first half, but this is more of a Spain victory more than an Italy defeat imo.

If Spain go into the WC with this squad uninjured, they're front and centre the favourites again, no doubt.

Italy need to shake off their shock when someone scores against them. They'll qualify through the play-offs, I'm sure, but group stages might not be so kind to them if they play like this again.

Labadal

Woodburn scores and Turkey lost. Today is a good day.

I thought Italy would stand up to Spain and give them some trouble, lol.

ty_hot

Incredible how Neymar's handling of his own deal fucked Barça so hard in this window. The entire market was on standby waiting for the confirmation (it was a week at least of strong rumours), and after that prices skyrocketed for Barça. Had Neymar (and probably Barça itself) handled the move better, Barça probably would have Coutinho by now. They only got Dembele on a high as fuck price instead.

Barça isnt winning anything this season, Madri is way ahead in terms of quality already and the catalan club didnt improve where it needed the most in the window. Ofc, football is unpredictable and the new coach might make the team play well again.

Loris146

Fuck this shit. Fuck Ventura. Fuck Bonucci and everyone else. We made Isco look like Maradona. We don't deserve to be in the world cup.

casiopao

Fuck this shit. Fuck Ventura. Fuck Bonucci and everyone else. We made Isco look like Maradona. We don't deserve to be in the world cup.

Damn Azurri is in shambles. And F Ventura. Football is not so easy to coach just by making offensive formation and hope that goals will happen.

Italy should focus on whats best which is tough in the back. But i guess without Chiellini, this is the most if what Italy can do.

Liverpool should have sold Coutinho. And Arsenal should have sold Sanchez. I don't know why these clubs keep players against their wishes. It affects the dressing room and the fans. Liverpool could have easily got Lemar if they tried earlier after selling Coutinho.
Arsenal could have got Draxler or someone decent. Though I am happy they didn't sell Sanchez to City as it would have made City the champions.

If Hazard decides to leave, no way Chelsea will force him to stay. That has been our policy from long time. We try to convince players, if they are not agreeing, we let them go, even if it bites us in the ass, like Matic and now Costa.

arsenal not selling sanchez was a good move. they need players like that. draxler is not very good and will leave your team the first opportunity he sees. he had a devastating effect on wolfsburg last year.

Icolin

Banned
France and Spain are scary teams. Seeing as my team is never in a Cup I may support France ��

Bruh, imagine how I feel as a Canadian. We were last in the WC in 1986, where we didn't score a single fucking goal.

It's been 3 decades of unmitigated failure, aside from the odd bright moment here and there.

At least whoever you support probably has hope heading into tournaments, however marginal it may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom