• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubble

Neo Member
Norway losing 6-0 to Germany... At the very least, we lost to the best national team out there right now. A silver lining, I suppose.

Germany is definitely my favorite to win the World Cup. A truly complete team, and they have such a wide selection to players to choose from.

Dadasch

Do not despair England-GAF.
Sancho will unfold his final form at Dortmund so you can take advantage of him in the near future.
Unfortunately this won't be enough for any success, because England will be as shitty as always.

Norway losing 6-0 to Germany... At the very least, we lost to the best national team out there right now. A silver lining, I suppose.

Germany is definitely my favorite to win the World Cup. A truly complete team, and they have such a wide selection to players to choose from.
Don't know about that...I do think that there is a lack of talents in the last 2-3 years, which is kinda concerning in my eyes. Our greatest talent for our forward line is Werner and tbh he is not that good. Decent, but nothing more than that.

Do not despair England-GAF.
Sancho will unfold his final form at Dortmund so you can take advantage of him in the near future.
Unfortunately this won't be enough for any success, because England will be as shitty as always.

Just looked him up, remember hearing about a Man City guy going AWOL, didn't realise he ended up in Germany. Big step for someone so young, hope it does pay off for him.

Floody

I hope Alli gets punished for that.
Ya wat m8?
DI6ALcDXoAQ6v4O.jpg

Dele was very selfish in that match, had numerous chances to set up a goal or do anything with the ball and either tried a shot that was never going in or trying to run through everyone. Enjoyed being there at the match though. Cheered for hendo and ox

Dadasch

Just looked him up, remember hearing about a Man City guy going AWOL, didn't realise he ended up in Germany. Big step for someone so young, hope it does pay off for him.
I hope so too. Different country at that age is not easy, but the toughest part should be the language. Bosz is a great manager so I don't think that anything would hinder him in his development...he has to be up for it though.

Ya wat m8?

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

right back at you Dele

Henry Winter‏@henrywinter 30s

Southgate on Dele finger: “Dele & Kyle Walker were messing about & Dele made gesture towards Kyle. They have strange way of communicating!”

Good one, Gareth.

I mean that's not exactly hard to believe is it? It definitely looked like he was doing it in a jokey manner.

Jack cw

Guys how good is Goretzka? Juventus seems to want him for his service next season.

Potential to become a world class midfielder. Has everything, he just needs to play in a big team. Apparently his agent accepted some handmoney from Bayern in July, when he was at Bayerns office to join the club in 2018. The reason why Bayern loaned out Sanches is pretty obvious.

casiopao

Potential to become a world class midfielder. Has everything, he just needs to play in a big team. Apparently his agent accepted some handmoney from Bayern in July, when he was at Bayerns office to join the club in 2018. The reason why Bayern loaned out Sanches is pretty obvious.

Bayern also wanted him?0_0

Guess Juve is going to stay far far away from this deal then lol.

TimmmV

Do people not believe Dele was joking around with Walker?

Walker was clearly talking to him before the camera change and Walker even replied on Twitter

https://twitter.com/kylewalker2/status/905001238831476736

People asking for punishment have obviously never been to a game of football, you can hear players swearing from up in the heavens.

He should be in jail

The whole thing is dumb, and it's ridiculous people have a higher expectation of behaviour for footballers vs everyone else

Floody

The FA won't care why he did it, just that he was caught on camera doing it.
It not being aimed at the ref probably means they'll go easy on him.

DBT85

He should be in jail

The whole thing is dumb, and it's ridiculous people have a higher expectation of behaviour for footballers vs everyone else

I really don't think it is. Players have a lot of influence over kids watching the game and everyone knows it. They are, whether we like it or not, role models for lots of kids.

Barbers made a fortune from Beckham changing his hair styles, kids celebrate goals on Sunday just like their heroes.

It's really not that difficult not to wave the finger on the pitch. 99.9% of players have manged to avoid it.

So just found out Wenger got a £2 million pay rise for finishing 5th. £10 million/year.

What a joke Arsenal is

If you read what he recently said about his current want away players it makes it sound even worse. It's like he has no idea why players run down their contract. The upper management really need to do something, ideally hire a football director with a long term vision for the club and get rid of Wenger.

Bayern want to recruit Pep again or what? 10 midfielders and neuer.. so 11 midfielders in the team :S I don't like how Carlo is undermining Mueller with this move. Where the fuck is he supposed to play (he's an AM) when the club keeps getting midfielders to play with 3 8s...

Kloppo, I await your glorious return to Munich.

TimmmV

I really don't think it is. Players have a lot of influence over kids watching the game and everyone knows it. They are, whether we like it or not, role models for lots of kids.

Barbers made a fortune from Beckham changing his hair styles, kids celebrate goals on Sunday just like their heroes.

It's really not that difficult not to wave the finger on the pitch. 99.9% of players have manged to avoid it.

Players are definitely role models for sure, I just don't think the middle finger is particularly bad, or something that most kids won't have seen on a playground already

Obviously its hardly good behaviour, but it'll be ridiculous of Alli gets any kind of ban for that. At most a statement saying it was stupid and he's sorry and then everyone can move on

Hands off!

Beefy

Players are definitely role models for sure, I just don't think the middle finger is particularly bad, or something that most kids won't have seen on a playground already

Obviously its hardly good behaviour, but it'll be ridiculous of Alli gets any kind of ban for that. At most a statement saying it was stupid and he's sorry and then everyone can move on

Hands off!

Players are paid to act professional. Swearing maybe not that much, but as footballers are seen as role models for kids that could be as young as 4 or 5 . At that age they pick up things fast and swearing isn't a thing you want them picking up. He should be fined at least.

Jack cw

Bayern want to recruit Pep again or what? 10 midfielders and neuer.. so 11 midfielders in the team :S I don't like how Carlo is undermining Mueller with this move. Where the fuck is he supposed to play (he's an AM) when the club keeps getting midfielders to play with 3 8s...

Midfield wins competitions.
Sanches was a gamble that turned out to be a turd. Alonso retired, so we had only Thiago, Vidal, Sanches, Benko and Dorsch... We had no DLP anymore and no CAM tha helps Thiago building the game. We got Tolisso and Rudy now and James as CAM or RIbery/Robben replacement. We have a great defence and great attack, but midfield was dried out.

The reason we lost the CL quarter against Real was not Ronaldo, but their midfield that was simply better than ours, creating all the chances. We made up for this a bit this season. And if Müller continues to play this shit he'll sit on the bench.

Midfield wins competitions.
Sanches was a gamble that turned out to be a turd. Alonso retired, so we had only Thiago, Vidal, Sanches, Benko and Dorsch... We had no DLP anymore and no CAM tha helps Thiago building the game. We got Tolisso and Rudy now and James as CAM or RIbery/Robben replacement. We have a great defence and great attack, but midfield was dried out.

The reason we lost the CL quarter against Real was not Ronaldo, but their midfield that was simply better than ours, creating all the chances. We made up for this a bit this season. And if Müller continues to play this shit he'll sit on the bench.
Muller will continue to play like this when he gets these garbage based opportunities from a coach that has never utilized a player like this properly in decades of coaching. Just following the trend. Even last year Muller was playing like shit for Bayern and then balled 3 days with the national team.

With more time, the more obvious that James was a dumb fucking signing. They shouldn't have loaned him out and gotten Draxler to replace Ribery (or a winger with pace). Of course the midfield was better. Ancelotti and the board were dumb enough to believe an old, used up dinosaur like Alonso is somehow a good idea when after his first season w Bayern he shouldn't have started a single CL match in the KO rounds. And they're doing the same dumb shit with Robbery. Ancelotti is likely gonna start James over Muller.over AM instead of the board focusing on a winger.

Attack is not great. Defense and midfield on the other hand, is great. The team is a typical Robben injury away from being pitiful in attack. The only way the attack is great this season is if Coman balls the fuck out this year and replaces a decrepit Ribs on his way to it. Or they buy Sanchez in January. The team also turns too much into Arsenal when you have 3 midfielders, which I'm not a fan of. Thiago as good as he is, I don't like him as an AM. He doesn't make the runs that Muller does to offer both the necessary spacing for Lewy and proper goal threat. Unfortunately 1-note Carlo wants to play the same he's always coached his career, which is crippling one of the best talents in the team.

Let me note that overall signings are great other than James. Rudy for free is money, Sule is a beast and for 20m is money, Coman was a smart investment even if he doesn't work out for a similar price, and Telisso is a smart gamble (even if he doesn't work out). The biggest issue this summer was a Ribery replacement though, and they loaned a guy who is not fast nor a great dribbler to displace him.. I am willing to bet James puts more minutes at AM than LW this season.

giphy.gif

spidye

problem is ancelotti never tried to build a system around the players we have now.
he still wants to force the stupid real madrid system which doesn't work with us without ronaldo.
unfortunately, müller is wasted on him and James is a wild card. he was not good enough for real's bench so why should he suddenly be the missing puzzle which wins us international trophies?

my biggest gripe with ancelotti are his picks for the startingXI. why is an out of form desperately rest needing vidal playing when we have a rudy who is match fit and playing at his peak for over one year? why does coman have to sit on the bench whe he's in his most important time of his career to develop something out of his talents but a ribery who is past it starts every game?

If you read what he recently said about his current want away players it makes it sound even worse. It's like he has no idea why players run down their contract. The upper management really need to do something, ideally hire a football director with a long term vision for the club and get rid of Wenger.

It's not just Wenger, the owner, CEO and Chairman are all deluded.

CEO: "We had a great transfer window"

Chairman: "I like horse racing more than football"

Owner: "......"

Unless Kroenke goes, Arsenal need to be relegated for anything to happen.

Beefy

I still remember when Clyne was here, the club had a go at him for some dodgy shit.

'apparently' dude use to go around estates etc cruising in his car for young (legal) teen gals....

problem is ancelotti never tried to build a system around the players we have now.
he still wants to force the stupid real madrid system which doesn't work with us without ronaldo.
unfortunately, müller is wasted on him and James is a wild card.
he was not good enough for real's bench so why should he suddenly be the missing puzzle which wins us international trophies?

my biggest gripe with ancelotti are his picks for the startingXI. why is an out of form desperately rest needing vidal playing when we have a rudy who is match fit and playing at his peak for over one year? why does coman have to sit on the bench whe he's in his most important time of his career to develop something out of his talents but a ribery who is past it starts every game?

Yup, a lot of this shit doesn't make any sense. Ribs should be 20 minute super sub in important games and to play in Bundesliga games when Bayern play twice a week. Put Coman at LW and have him start 15-20 games to see how he will do in the first half of the season. And if not, put James there.

One thing Bayern does have is the deepest team in Europe imo. They have a lot of depth and can use it to rotate players during the season.

Kyoufu

I still remember when Clyne was here, the club had a go at him for some dodgy shit.

'apparently' dude use to go around estates etc cruising in his car for young (legal) teen gals....

wow, talk about low standards. Fuckin hell.

casiopao

Andrea Agnelli is now the president of ECA. Man, i am having teary eye here. From Farsopoli to this. How far have we come.

Also, F off Barca. Paratici is ours. Go find urself other good sporting director.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom