• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Currently home for the holidays. Dealing with two members of my family who don't know how to shut up SHUT UP OH GOD FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK SHUT UP FOR FIVE MINUTES JUST PLEASE JESUS GOOOODDDDDD. It's constant yelling and bickering, and its over stupid shit, and its petty and I'm having difficulty just dealing with it. Lunatics running the fucking asylum. Now I know how Di Matteo felt.... Nobody is willing to give in a mm, and I've had to yell numerous occasions just to restore some fucking sanity in this place. They just straight up don't give a single fuck that its the holidays because WAHHHHHHHHH.

But then Messi's loss reminds me that this is family and I have to love them, but also FUCK THEM SO BADLY.

Fuck. You know?

This is why I hate Christmas.

Just mm and smile your way through it, don't bother yelling at anyone. :p

FootballFan

Yes, but there's a major flaw in his plan. Now with Barca 16 points clear at the top, they'll turn their attention to Europe as well.

Why are you comparing us with the wrong Madrid? We are only 9 points ahead of title challengers Atletico :p

Nah I know what you mean lol.

Malaga are 2 points behind Madrid now too. Based Pellegrini.

Timurid

This is why I hate Christmas.

Just mm and smile your way through it, don't bother yelling at anyone. :p

I hate when i have to see my mom's family. They just crack jokes about football/soccer. If some of them ask me a legit question about football its always about man utd.

Salazar

The Mirror alleges that

Sir Alex Ferguson has made the signing of a centre-back his priority for January

8U2Hz.gif

There are no words for how irritating this window will be.

sohois

The Mirror alleges that

http://i.imgur.com/8U2Hz.gif[IMG]

There are no words for how irritating this window will be.[/QUOTE]

Let's just sum it up for every club:

Man Utd - linked with every striker and winger in the world. Sign no one. Strootman and Wanyama move to other clubs, Januzaj on a free to Juventues
Man City - linked with Falcao. Sign Walcott
Chelsea - Benitez declares Torres is the only man to take them forward. Voronin brought in as Sturridge Replacement
Liverpool - Sign Sturridge... for £30milllion
Arsenal - Wenger signals his intention to spend big to correct the squad failings. Buys 2 teenagers for £15million
Newcastle - linked with several talented players from Ligue 1, buys some joker from Eredivisie
Tottenham - Levy suggests no more wheeling and dealin' with Harry gone. AVB declares interest in every player in the world

any others?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Most points in 2012: Juventus 94 (record), Napoli 73, Milan 73, Lazio 68, Inter 67, Roma 64Fiorentina 63, Parma 63, Udinese 56.

Merry Christmas Cunte, and thank you <3

I hate when i have to see my mom's family. They just crack jokes about football/soccer. If some of them ask me a legit question about football its always about man utd.

Family banter is the worst. I just keep my mouth shut usually :p

Salazar

Roy Hodgson says it is not impossible for England to win the 2014 World Cup and vowed to "keep that dream alive".

"Not impossible" is not "the dream", Roy.

He really is the most acutely uninspiring man in football.

Transfer window gif

z8TIh.gif

Salazar

It's still 2012 and England are already being hyped to win the World Cup in 2014. Fuck off.

It's not even hype, though.

It's the enthusiasm of the kind of man who keeps a tea cosy collection. Impossible to imagine the players giving much of a toss, emotionally, about what he says.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It's not even hype, though.

It's the enthusiasm of the kind of man who keeps a tea cosy collection. Impossible to imagine the players giving much of a toss, emotionally, about what he says.
I personally don't think taking that attitude is a bad idea --why would you enter any competition if you are just gonna strive for mediocrity? The problem comes from making it public and generating incredibly high expectations which in itself turns into unnecessary pressure for the players and public outcry when the failure to attain such an objective is met. It's the kind of talk that should never leave the dressing room.

Pachimari

Why are you comparing us with the wrong Madrid? We are only 9 points ahead of title challengers Atletico :p

Nah I know what you mean lol.

Malaga are 2 points behind Madrid now too. Based Pellegrini.
We don't have to worry about Malaga. They are banned from European competitions the next 4 years, so if Malaga ends up #4 and we as #5, we will go through.

evilwart

It's still 2012 and England are already being hyped to win the World Cup in 2014. Fuck off.

The England Cycle

- England cruise through qualification stage through against teams like San Marino and Moldova. The hype train begins – “England can win <enter tournament here>!”

- Lead up to the tournament. Media in full frenzy. England heralded as one of the favorites. “Greatest generation since 66!”

- England stumbles and bumbles through the group stages against average teams. Doubt begins to rise, but the belief is still there.

- Upon facing an above average team, England lose. Most likely on penalties. Team blasted for being chokers. Manager fired. Talk about needing to rebuild the team from scratch, preparing for the next tournament.

Mumei

I watched Reading vs ManCity and about half of QPR and New Castle United. For some reason I recorded a bunch of games on Saturday.

You wanna take out one of the nicer guys on Football-GAF go right ahead :(.

He didn't even send me a PM. Don't believe his lies.

Clegg

I wouldn't mind a new CB in January.

Rio is nearing the end of his career and who knows what Vidic will be like upon his return. That would leave us with Evans, Smalling and Jones. And I wouldn't be 100% comfortable with Jones at CB. I think that will be his position in the long term but right now he plays his best football at right back. And that's Rafaels position.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Chelsea want Assou-Ekotto? If Levy agrees to that transfer I will kill myself.

I watched Reading vs ManCity and about half of QPR and New Castle United. For some reason I recorded a bunch of games on Saturday.

He didn't even send me a PM. Don't believe his lies.

Why are you doing this to me? :p

Also, its Newcastle. I prefer New Castle though, and am gonna start using it :D

edit: Definitely no Huntelaar though. Became more of a pipe dream when Schalke qualified from their group, ah well. I'm more disappointed than I thought I'd be, since Sturridge will be filling that hole in the squad that I'd hoped was reserved for the Huntsman

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Can someone post the list here please? Not being a lazy fuck but it's hard to navigate their site while driving lol

Tegris

I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to work out what metric they could possibly have used to come to the conclusion that Neymar is a 'better' footballer than Busquets, Xabi Alonso or Özil.

I've been sitting here for a few minutes trying to work out what metric they could possibly have used to come to the conclusion that Neymar is a 'better' footballer than Busquets, Xabi Alonso or Özil.
Well they each ranked players 1-30 with 1st given 30 points, 2nd 29 points and so on.

But the results it gives are just a bit stupid.

spidye

I fail to understand how can you even compare a defender with a striker and say he's a better footballer
it would have been much better if they made a list of top players on each position.

Tegris

Can someone post the list here please? Not being a lazy fuck but it's hard to navigate their site while driving lol

11. Agüero
12. Casillas
13. Neymar
14. Busquets
15. Xabi Alonso
16. Thiago Silva
17. Özil
18. David Silva
19. Schweinsteiger
20. Buffon
21. Suarez
22. Ramos
23. Kompany
24. Pique
25. Lahm
26. Willian
27. Reus
28. Ribery
29. Neuer
30. A. Cole
31. Rooney
32. Mata
33. Müller
34. Götze
35. Benzema
36. Fabregas
37. Oscar
38. Fernandinho
39. Mascherano
40. Bale

Those are today's results.

11. Agüero
12. Casillas
13. Neymar
14. Busquets
15. Xabi Alonso
16. Thiago Silva
17. Özil
18. David Silva
19. Schweinsteiger
20. Buffon
21. Suarez
22. Ramos
23. Kompany
24. Pique
25. Lahm
26. Willian
27. Reus
28. Ribery

29. Neuer
30. A. Cole
31. Rooney
32. Mata
33. Müller
34. Götze
35. Benzema
36. Fabregas
37. Oscar
38. Fernandinho
39. Mascherano
40. Bale

Those are today's results.
Fry losing it.

De Gea
Jones
Evans
Vidic
Evra
Valencia
Carrick
Cleverley
Young
Rooney
RVP

Lindegaard, Buttner, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs, Welbeck, Hernandez.

Top Bottom