• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Clegg

I've had a long 48 hours. Just back home from our nations capital in time for Villa.

About United: Isn't this the point last year where they dropped crazy points and allowed City back in it? This double digit lead shit before the new year is for the birds. Even if we're somewhat out of it, I'd still like to see it go down to the wire again.

City were ahead at Christmas. United's implosion was in March/April.

That's what makes us losing the title even worse. We'd worked hard to regain the lead in March and then we threw it all away in 8 weeks.

pulsemyne

OMG LOL

1544:
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson:

"Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player today and he should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

My god alive!

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
,,,,,and manited fans were so sure that manited can beat real madrid...
:lol

OMG LOL

1544:
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd

"Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player today and he should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

ibuvjFr4ZweVmQ.gif

Messi

OMG LOL

1544:
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd

What is this about? I've not seen the game

Arnie

Ferguson's a proper guff head.

When Martin Jol speaks, even if he's saying the cuntiest things, I go a bit wobbly in my joints.

MPW

,,,,,and manited fans were so sure that manited can beat real madrid...
:lol

at the moment, anyone can beat real madrid, even toronto fc, thank god for the winter break

it is too bad for man utd they are not facing real madrid next wednesday cause man utd would win easily

in february, who knows

On the face of it, Fergie's comments seema bit hysterical and over the top. Think about it though, and he's kind of right. Van Persie's lying on his side, with his head/necl loose, not braced at all for any contact. Williams boots the ball at full power square into the back of his head, and was lucky not to do any damage. Worth a ban, easily

Mastadon

Banned
Been super impressed so far.

Love the VOD too.

Hope they keep it up. Would like some full HD streams too but that's just me being greedy.

Think it was quite clear he tried to kick it at him.

The Liverpool game yesterday was in HD it looked like, although I'm admittedly a bit shit at noticing the difference.

Wilbur

Banned
Ferguson's a proper guff head.

When Martin Jol speaks, even if he's saying the cuntiest things, I go a bit wobbly in my joints.

I get the same feeling when AVB speaks. More than one occasion my nan's asked why I've got my trousers down watching MOTD.

On the face of it, Fergie's comments seema bit hysterical and over the top. Think about it though, and he's kind of right. Van Persie's lying on his side, with his head/necl loose, not braced at all for any contact. Williams boots the ball at full power square into the back of his head, and was lucky not to do any damage. Worth a ban, easily

It just sounds ludicrous when he puts it into words :lol, lucky to be alive. He escaped Wenger's clutches, he can survive anything.

lol What can Williams do about it?

Not try and clear the ball?

Fuck off froggy you jock cunt.

Looked on purpose to me. RVP acted a bell end, but Williams knew what he was doing.

Oh, the game today. What to think?

Tbh a draw was probably fair. We didn't make the best of our opportunities, and Rooney and Valencia were just criminally bad. Bring back Nani (or his replacement) and Kagawa please.

I don't see what was so bad about RVP's reaction.

Obv. he felt the ball was kicked at him on purpose. How would you expect somebody to react to that?

I know he is very stroppy and has a nasty streak in him but if somebody kicks a ball at my head on the pitch I would probably get up and square up to them.

doicare

So just to recap that game:

Swansea defender blocks a cross with his hand in the first few minutes.... no penalty given.

Van Persie fouled but no free kick given then Swansea go up the other end and equalise against the run of play.

Ashley Williams deliberately kicks the ball at Van Persie's head when Van Persie was on the ground after being previously fouled but doesn't get a red card for violent play, only yellow.

Swansea's Ben Davies then blocks Ashley Young's goal bound shot with his hand.... no penalty given.

United hit the cross bar twice and had these match stats:
DvzPp.jpg

United robbed.

I think it was Al Jazeera coverage that I watched. It had Andy Cole providing punditry :lol
Yeah, they had that one for today's game too, I immediately switched over lol.

Guys - dc lives in a Man City bubble. If you think this stuff is nonsense his timeline is worse :p

Top Bottom