• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Fair enough really.

2 points dropped though. Had more than enough chances and openings to win this game by a couple of goals - our attack has been on fire more or less every week though so they were bound to be a bit off it eventually.

Good game that.

Wilbur

Banned
Swansea worth a point there. Disappointed and encouraged in a way; we controlled the last half hour against a team used to controlling matches, we hit the crossbar twice, two off the line clearances...

but a point. Point away is a point I suppose, but we really should have won it. Not enough players turned up today. Need to win in the rest of the festive fixtures.

We needed Rooney or one of our wingers on form - that's all it was.

Our build up was good and steady and we got into dangerous positions plenty of times, but our final ball was just consistently not there.

Even with the chances we had I think we should have scored and won .

Kinda agree with Wilbz though, as frustrating as that second half was it was good to see us control a match and be solid in defence. Vidic had a really good second half.

Wilbur

Banned
Game needed Rafael. :/

For once I'm glad he didn't play, he would have got RVP's back and gouged out Williams' eyeballs :lol

But we miss him overlapping and compensating for Valencia playing shit.

Giggs looked good when he came on; he's still as intelligent as ever with a football (as is Scholes), I just don't trust them to start and keep up with the pace of the game any more.

doicare

Joke of a game, United should have won and City should have drawn yesterday, yet again if you United don't win the league it will be down to luck.

Arnie

Great point for Swansea, United didn't deserve to win. And RVP's a stroppy cunt.

Oh, and during the match people missed Morsel posting this gif.

2cW9O.gif

Joke of a game, United should have won and City should have drawn yesterday, yet again if you United don't win the league it will be down to luck.
I came across something and was wondering what you thought of it.

Sir Alex Ferguson said:
You see the stats from that game and it's quite amazing. Newcastle had more passes and shots on goal. But you watch the game and you say to yourself: 'I can't see Newcastle winning the game.' It's a funny game, football."

Williams knew exactly what he was doing when he kicked the ball at RVP btw.

Proper cowardly type of thing to do, if you wanna have a go at someone then go for it.

It's ironic because before Swansea played Liverpool he said he genuinely dislikes Suarez as a person and thought he was malicious and cheap and things like that...then he goes and does something like that. Idiot.

Clegg

Strange game that.

United could have done much better. Rooney was at his worst today. Couldn't pass, couldn't shoot, couldn't even take his man on. Giggs played better in 10 minutes than Rooney did in 80.

We really could have done with Shinji today. There was plenty of space in between Swansea's defence and midfield which he could have exploited. He couldn't have done worse than Rooney anyway.

On Kagawa's return I would not mind him playing in Young's position. Young can go over to the right or Valencia stays there, whatever. Young doesn't really play as a winger anyway, comes inside almost every time and moves about trying to link up play.

The concern with Kagawa in a wide position would have to be defensively where he really is not very interested at all.

Wilbur

Banned
Williams knew exactly what he was doing when he kicked the ball at RVP btw.

Proper cowardly type of thing to do, if you wanna have a go at someone then go for it.

It's ironic because before Swansea played Liverpool he said he genuinely dislikes Suarez as a person and thought he was malicious and cheap and things like that...then he goes and does something like that. Idiot.

Yeah, the Sky commentators said Williams knew what he was doing, but Sturridge is a fucking toaster.

Williams is a spenk. van Persie is a spenk, albeit an atrociously talented one. Suarez is a spenk tangentially related to the conversation. Arnie is a naughty spenk.

Yeah, the Sky commentators said Williams knew what he was doing, but Sturridge is a fucking toaster.

Williams is a spenk. van Persie is a spenk, albeit an atrociously talented one. Suarez is a spenk tangentially related to the conversation. Arnie is a naughty spenk.
You're king spenk.

Wilbur

Banned
On Kagawa's return I would not mind him playing in Young's position. Young can go over to the right or Valencia stays there, whatever. Young doesn't really play as a winger anyway, comes inside almost every time and moves about trying to link up play.

The concern with Kagawa in a wide position would have to be defensively where he really is not very interested at all.

What I'm confused about is this notion that we have to play a diamond, as Fergie keeps saying, when it comes to three in midfield, the implication being that we'd play two up top with one behind and sacrifice width.

However, Rooney proved himself more than capable of playing out there when Ronaldo was about, so why we couldn't just go three in the middle and three roaming attackers - Shinji, RVP and Rooney - is beyond me. It's like Fergie's forgotten how good Roo/Ron/Carlos the Cunt were doing exactly that.

Got to be happy with a four point lead at Christmas though... although I was happy with 8 points in March.

life

why

You're king spenk.

bow to me, spenkling

Clegg

Think we might need a new winger too.

Valencia's form is a concern but he'll come good again. But Nani is on the way out and we don't really have a left wing when Young plays.

We'll sign a striker instead.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Well at least one other big team drew this weekend. That Stoke result has depressed me, those bastard trolls just hoofed it and fouled us for 90 minutes and when our golden chance came their time wasting wanker in goal pulled a worldie. Hopefully we take it out on Villa on Wednesday. That's a fixture we drew last season do a win is really important.

Wilbur

Banned
What the fuck's a spenk?

Wearside. Descriptive of a gimp; one who is something of a gonk.

Not a term I ever heard before I started working in Sunderland, but I was called it there on a daily basis.

Hawaire man Charlie y'fuckin spenk.

picking linguistics up from Hixx

BUT YOU KNOW I LOVE YOU BABY <3

Think we might need a new winger too.

Valencia's form is a concern but he'll come good again. But Nani is on the way out and we don't really have a left wing when Young plays.

We'll sign a striker instead.
We do because our wing options right now look really blunt (which is crazy when you consider how good they look last year) but I don't see us signing anybody until the summer so for this season, we need to find a way to cope without them.

Arnie

I prefer gimp.

My mum just brought me a plate of egg fried rice and soy sauce, then garnished the offering with a coke.

Benteke time.

GQman2121

Banned
I've had a long 48 hours. Just back home from our nations capital in time for Villa.

About United: Isn't this the point last year where they dropped crazy points and allowed City back in it? This double digit lead shit before the new year is for the birds. Even if we're somewhat out of it, I'd still like to see it go down to the wire again.

Clegg

We do because our wing options right now look really blunt (which is crazy when you consider how good they look last year) but I don't see us signing anybody until the summer so for this season, we need to find a way to cope without them.

James would be a great signing but 1)He's expensive and 2)He may eventually turn into a number 10.

I'd still rather have him on the left than Young. Then you have the Zaha rumours. I don't really know what to make of them as I've never seen him play.

Wilbur

Banned
I prefer gimp.

My mum just brought me a plate of egg fried rice and soy sauce, then garnished the offering with a coke.

Benteke time.

My mum's upstairs fannying around with wrapping paper. I wish I had some egg fried. Currently eating a satsuma fudding my buttocks over pictures of Barry Bannan.

Hoping for an entertaining game, preferably with a Villa win. Can't see it though.

Wilbur

Banned
OMG LOL

1544:
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson:

"Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player today and he should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

Tc91

OMG LOL

1544:
Swansea 1-1 Man Utd
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson:

"Robin van Persie is lucky to be alive. It was a disgraceful act from their player today and he should be banned by the FA. Robin could have had a broken neck."

O_O... no way.

Top Bottom