• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Ultimatum

Banned
On the face of it, Fergie's comments seema bit hysterical and over the top. Think about it though, and he's kind of right. Van Persie's lying on his side, with his head/necl loose, not braced at all for any contact. Williams boots the ball at full power square into the back of his head, and was lucky not to do any damage. Worth a ban, easily

It was hardly full power, and it takes a way more power than that to damage a player's neck, even in that position. The bigger threat was that it was at the back of his head, so with enough power he could have been knocked out, but obviously he didn't pass out so the force clearly wasn't that great.

I'm not even convinced it was intentional.

Wilbur

Banned
It was hardly full power, and it takes a way more power than that to damage a player's neck, even in that position. The bigger threat was that it was at the back of his head, so with enough power he could have been knocked out, but obviously he didn't pass out so the force clearly wasn't that great.

I'm not even convinced it was intentional.

There was a fair bit of heft behind it, don't know how you could say way more power; RVP's head ricocheted. Not saying its an act on par with forceful buggery or stealing a granny's handbag, but I do think Williams knew what he was doing.

Anyway, all a bit of handbags in the end.

Clegg

I can never tell with these "Torres is back" posts.

He's shithouse.

I'm more surprised that he has scored so few when you consider the quality of players surrounding him.

GQman2121

Banned
I vividly remember that goal last season where Lampard back passed to Bent in the mid field to make it 1-3.

We scored first that game too.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is that why Kompany ducked against Madrid?

i7H0qx1qr8GDS.png

Wilbur

Banned
Just seen that Fergie interview.

Holy shit, he's dead serious. I would have laughed if I was the interviewer. Deary me.

Link?

Ironic the guy who once kicked a football boot at someone's face is so apoplectic about this :lol

I hope I don't have to head the ball at 5 a side tonight. You guys will have me in your thoughts right?

Is that why Kompany ducked agai-

no wait, we're both repeating ourselves dc

Top Bottom