• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Judderman

drawer by drawer
38O2I.jpg

"Injusticia."

And in that moment, Ronaldo realises the only way to win this award is to go back home.

Ronaldo should just take the first ticket to Manchester.
United of course

Tbf the EPL hasn't been a very good example of how to defend in the last year or two either.

Every league has forgotten how to defend imo. So many players are scoring a goal a game nowadays. Michu, suarez, rvp, Messi, Falcao, Cavani etc.

I agree that defending lost a bit of its art but La Liga defending is bad on a completely different level than EPL. Ultimately EPL defenders still defend more than support their front lines like Sergio Ramos and Pique do, I'd choose Vidic and Kompany over those two for example.

We should throw our own awards!

Actually with the bias in here Cleverley would end up winning.

RVP. There you go.

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy
Complete snub for Ronaldo in Messi's acceptance speech for the Balon D'Or. It really is one of sport's great grudges

Lol, Sam Wallace is a good writer but plz.

Messi probs could have mentioned him though, the usual "thanks great competitor" spiel.

Kyoufu

Just goes to show. The BPL is overrated. La Liga is, was and will be endgame for most players in the world.

Nobody leaves Real Madrid to join Man United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Deserved for Messi. Possibly the greatest player I have ever seen.

Balotelli? Nah.... this Juventus are not really big on players with discipline issues.

By the way, I liked the idea of signing Peluso, but I also feel its necessary to point out that both goals came from his side of defence. The first goal can hardly be blamed on him as Icardi took a shot on the first time and got lucky as Buffon made a mess out of it. Even world class goal keepers are allowed to make mistakes (don't tell Mourinho that...). But that second goal, Peluso should have closed down on Icardi. Instead he went to muscle him out of position because he thought he was going to make an inside run, and then he didn't close down on him on the short angle. I don't know whether or not he thought he was going to pass back, but he didn't do us any favours by not applying pressure. You always need to play the player with the ball, not wait to intercept a possible pass. Nothing Buffon could've done about that second one, even if he says he wouldn't have been surprised if he had made the save.

Agree with everything. Disappointing.

FootballFan

Complete snub for Ronaldo in Messi's acceptance speech for the Balon D'Or. It really is one of sport's great grudges

Messi probs could have mentioned him though, the usual "thanks great competitor" spiel.

Nah I think it was normal, he always only mentions his teammates.

Wallace makes it sound as though the grudge goes both ways...

Meier

Was it just me or Neymar's goal was not that good?

Good but not world class. Of the 3 finalist, the correct goal won. I remember when the top 10 was posted that I was really impressed by 1 or 2 others including that fella from Toronto who has had numerous incredible goals now.

Stoch's goal was fantastic but Moussa Sow's was even better especially given the circumstances.

Messi <3

Defienetly the best player I've seen in my lifetime, sure I've seen Zidane and Ronaldo
and Cygan
, but I was too young to appreciate them.

Noirulus

Oh, c'mon. His reaction was normal. You guys are like those paparazzi who take a million photos and find the one with the worst facial expression in order to garner more popularity >:[

GQman2121

Banned
I wish they would give out league awards too. With the majority of those honored coming from two teams, you would think FIFA would want to acknowledge more players.

And Marcelo at LB is BS of the highest......

Top Bottom