• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Wait, Giggs and Scholes?

Good lawd... =(

Embrace the big pile of shit this team will play in a little while.

iP48VynMU3Kez.gif

Clegg

We have no wingers or strikers on the bench.

We'd better hope none of our forwards get injured today.

And Valencia better have a good game.

Kyoufu

I find it hilarious how Gerrard gets so much love and bias from pundits when he's really not been as amazing as people say he is. I don't get the hype for him.

Mastadon

Banned
I find it hilarious how Gerrard gets so much love and bias from pundits when he's really not been as amazing as people say he is. I don't get the hype for him.

I haven't seen anyone saying he's been amazing this season? He was amazing against Fulham though. A goal and 2 assists.

Feorax

I don't get it either. He can still do some great things, and I still think he's by far our best finisher, but he's nowhere near the player most of these pundits hold him out to be these days.

Kyoufu

I haven't seen anyone saying he's been amazing this season? He was amazing against Fulham though. A goal and 2 assists.

The pundits/ex-Liverpool players on Sky Sports right now. They always, ALWAYS say he's jesus. I never really see it. I guess he was great when he was younger or something.

According to reports, Sturridge is already demanding to play in his favored central striker position. I wonder if its the reason why Rodgers has come out and said that no one can demand where they play.

This will end well. I would be surprised if both him and Walcott actually didn't ask to be played in a central position. After all, it's the reason why they are unhappy at their current club. Not feeling Sturridge transfer for various reasons but hey at least it's not £30M Bent.

Mastadon

Banned
The pundits/ex-Liverpool players on Sky Sports right now. They always, ALWAYS say he's jesus. I never really see it. I guess he was great when he was younger or something.

You've only been watching properly for a couple of years now haven't you? He's nowhere near the player he was nowadays, but in his prime I don't think it's a stretch to say he was one of the most complete midfielders in the game.

Jensen

Gerrard at this point in time isn't anywhere near where he was at his best but before his recent decline he really did deserve that amount of praise. The midfield Liverpool had a few years ago of Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard was the best in the league at the time in my opinion .

TeegsD

I love weekday premiere league games when you dont have school or work. House all to my yelling self, get to smoke a bowl, and I don't have to be anywhere. Though that MUFC lineup is already making me stress and the game hasn't even started

Just realized I forgot to pick my FF team last night ;.; No Rooney and both WH players aren't playing today. Welp welp welp. #Dat21stplace

Scum

I'm dreading our game against A. Villa. They're going to take it out on us, aren't they? :-/

Edit - 1730hrs kick-off?! I thought all games would be a 1500hrs start?

Kyoufu

You've only been watching properly for a couple of years now haven't you? He's nowhere near the player he was nowadays, but in his prime I don't think it's a stretch to say he was one of the most complete midfielders in the game.

Yeah, like I said, must have been god tier before I was watching to get this sort of praise even when he's nothing special.

dc89

Nastasic at right back according to MCFC graphic. That's strange, I thought it would have been Kolo RB and Nasti in the middle with Kompany.

Milner and Garcia holding, Yaya pushed further up sitting behind Tevez, with Silva and Aguero on the flanks. Expect them to all move about though.

Arnie

Yeah, like I said, must have been god tier before I was watching to get this sort of praise even when he's nothing special.

He really was god tier. I think the seesaw goes too far in the other direction nowadays, though. His drop in form is readily apparent to those who saw him at his prime, but he's still one of the better midfielders in the league; his ability to conjure a worldie ball out of nothing is almost unmatched.

His form at the Euros was impeccable.

Might watch United to see all this ridiculous 'WE'RE FUCKED' nonsense backfire.

It's fucking Newcastle.

Nastasic at right back according to MCFC graphic. That's strange, I thought it would have been Kolo RB and Nasti in the middle with Kompany.

Milner and Garcia holding, Yaya pushed further up sitting behind Tevez, with Silva and Aguero on the flanks. Expect them to all move about though.

He's learning from Fergie.

Play young CBs at RB.

dc89

Newcastle fans: ''We thought you were dead, we thought you were dead, Robin Van Persie, we thought you were dead''

Amazing!! :D

dc89

He really was god tier. I think the seesaw goes too far in the other direction nowadays, though. His drop in form is readily apparent to those who saw him at his prime, but he's still one of the better midfielders in the league; his ability to conjure a worldie ball out of nothing is almost unmatched.

His form at the Euros was impeccable.

Might watch United to see all this ridiculous 'WE'RE FUCKED' nonsense backfire.

It's fucking Newcastle.

I just enjoy seeing this change of mentality from the United fans. Do you think that Fergie has asked the ref if the ball can have a little less air in it today?

Top Bottom