• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
The voice is just another instrument.

Yorke's voice on Reckoner is one of my favourite things ever. That song is a masterpiece.

I can see why one would dislike Oasis, but not The Killers =(

Anyway, if you were dragged to one of their concerts, I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

I've seen them before haha! I just think they're very bland. He has a technically pretty good but unremarkable voice, I just don't feel like there's anything special about them whatsoever. Mr Brightside's quite fun to sing in a club, but they're just extremely boring. Radiohead, even if they're what you could describe as boring I suppose, musically they're incredible; the National Anthem, Myxomatosis, Paranoid Android, Climbing Up The Walls. I don't even recognise anything instrumentally fantastic in the Killers' songs.

Fry

Great Radiohead songs:

Idioteque
Creep
Fake Plastic Trees
Paranoid Android
JFiP
No Surprises

I've seen them before haha! I just think they're very bland. He has a technically pretty good but unremarkable voice, I just don't feel like there's anything special about them whatsoever. Mr Brightside's quite fun to sing in a club, but they're just extremely boring. Radiohead, even if they're what you could describe as boring I suppose, musically they're incredible; the National Anthem, Myxomatosis, Paranoid Android, Climbing Up The Walls. I don't even recognise anything instrumentally fantastic in the Killers' songs.

You've seen them? <3

Listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPW0t3ysrGc

It invalidates everything you said.

K1LLER7

I don't know if Valencia will worry that much from Nani considering Nani's form in the few games he played.

Honestly, if these two guys are playing in form we'd have one of the best wingers in the league.

Nani's form in those last couple of games were better than what i've seen from Valencia imo. Both when on form are great but if I had to take one on form then i'd take Nani, especially as he seems more likely to get goals.

Wilbur

Banned
Well my father was a card-carrying member of the Communist party....

creep2xx6p.gif

Great Radiohead songs:

Idioteque
Creep
Fake Plastic Trees
Paranoid Android
JFiP
No Surprises

You've seen them? <3

Listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPW0t3ysrGc

It invalidates everything you said.

Every song in this post is awesome apart from the Killers one

sorry

Karagounis goal was fucking class.

Depends on what day you catch me. Toss up between... Reckoner, You & Whose Army, Everything In Its Right Place, The National Anthem, Idioteque, Karma Police, Paranoid Android, My Iron Lung, No Surprises... fuck man, too many.

The real answer is either Talk Show Host, Where I End & You Begin or How To Disappear Completely

I can't stand Ian Curtis' voice

Pulp Fiction is a fucking masterpiece. Just got home from a pretty late-night screening at the cinema, dat big-screen experience. Seen it like a million times, don't think I'll ever get bored of it :lol

"You, Flock of Seagulls!" :lol

Brilliant way of telling a story.

Nani's form in those last couple of games were better than what i've seen from Valencia imo. Both when on form are great but if I had to take one on form then i'd take Nani, especially as he seems more likely to get goals.

Nani on form > Valencia on form

I know that because Nani's 2010-11 season was better than Valencia's 2011-12 season.

My favorite songs are: Nice Dream, Weird Fishes, Subterranean Homesick Alien (dem sounds), Let Down, Kid A, and a couple of others...

Fintan

Don't know if it was me, I don't think it was but I certainly would have if I was part of the conversation. Paul Simon is fucking great.

Yeah, I think it was you, actually. I like a fair bit of Simon And Garfunkel, but I never knew he had so much great solo stuff. Probably prefer his solo work.

Yen

I can't remember how Idioteque goes, and I'm not getting out of bed for my headphones, so can Wilbz write out the music phonetically?

Wilbur

Banned
Nani on form > Valencia on form

I know that because Nani's 2010-11 season was better than Valencia's 2011-12 season.

My favorite songs are: Nice Dream, Weird Fishes, Subterranean Homesick Alien (dem sounds), Let Down, Kid A, and a couple of others...

And everything is amazing in this post as well

apart from Nani and Valencia

Yeah, I think it was you, actually. I like a fair bit of Simon And Garfunkel, but I never knew he had so much great solo stuff. Probably prefer his solo work.

Yeah buddy! Graceland is the fucking best album when a little stoned aha

I agree, I just meant Nani's form in his last couple of games compared to his peak at United.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't remember how Idioteque goes, and I'm not getting out of bed for my headphones, so can Wilbz write out the music phonetically?

doo phoo doo phoo doo doo doo phoo doo phoo schukachuk
bwedebwepbwep
hwaaaaaaaa hwuuuuuuu (doo phoo doo phoo doo doo doo phoo doo phoo schukachuk)

GolazoDan

From the quick look of Giantbomb, it seemed that the SP was turning out to be a bit repetitive for a while. Maybe they were just shit the game
I mean, it kinda is. But it's quite fun to play, maybe not to watch. They probably were a bit shit but to be honest I'm not much better so who am I to criticise?

2:45AM is not the time to start watching the Fellowship of the Ring extended blu ray, is it.

Wilbur

Banned
I mean, it kinda is. But it's quite fun to play, maybe not to watch. They probably were a bit shit but to be honest I'm not much better so who am I to criticise?

2:45AM is not the time to start watching the Fellowship of the Ring extended blu ray, is it.

yeah but its so fucking GOOD

wragh I can't wait for tomorrow. Two great matches.

Then I have four days of woe.

Yen

bwedebwepbwep

Cheers

faridmon

I only watched the first LOTR movie. Have to watch the other two and some point. Even though I don't like Fantasy, I have enjoyed that movie.

The Hobbit was amazing. Fuck the haters!

Fintan

A friend of mine can't watch the Lord Of The Rings movies without falling asleep. He's never finished any of them. Can't understand it.

GolazoDan

I only watched the first LOTR movie. Have to watch the other two and some point. Even though I don't like Fantasy, I have enjoyed that movie.

The Hobbit was amazing. Fuck the haters!
Hobbit's very good! The projector broke when I saw it the first time so I had to rewatch the first 2 hours. Still enjoyed it!

I only saw the first film after seeing the second and third films. Still was able to follow it. Really liked that Return of the King game for PS2.

GorillaJu

Okay list your favorite albums that come to your head no deliberating just the ones that pop up when you think of your top 5

1) the microphones - the glow, pt 2
2) television - marquee moon
3) Devo - are we not men?
4) animal collective - merryweather post pavilion
5) the flaming lips - the soft bulletin

Love Radiohead but they don't even make my "top of my head" top 5

Clegg

The Masterplan b-sides album is one of the best albums I've ever heard.
Oasis had two classic albums, a few decent albums and then some absolute shite albums.

Unfortunately for them the shite albums were all released in succession over the course of a decade.

Really tarnishes their legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom