• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

dc, you should join our club, FC Gentle Lovers. I'm telling you, Online Clubs is by far the best mode in FIFA. So rewarding. Go post in the thread in the gaming community thread! It's often Meus, Awesome Animals, myself and some non-Footy GAffers.

Zabojnik

That's great, elseanio. Go mom!

But we're essentially paying him 3m+ for three months. Meh, still better than 3 months of watching our current strikers.

I don't care how much we would have to pay him. It's not my money. Well, some if it is, I guess. :p

Matri and Quag are goners in the summer. Conte hates them both, with good reason.

Feorax

Aparently Bild are saying Sahin's return to Dortmund is 99% done.

If he does go back there then best of luck to him. I'm sure the player we saw before Madrid is still there somewhere.

Would have liked to have seen him play in the scuba mask just once though...

Also, congrats to your mum elseanio!

Clegg

Aparently Bild are saying Sahin's return to Dortmund is 99% done.

If he does go back there then best of luck to him. I'm sure the player we saw before Madrid is still there somewhere.

Would have liked to have seen him play in the scuba mask just once though...
Loan or permanent deal?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's great, elseanio. Go mom!

I don't care how much we would have to pay him. It's not my money. Well, some if it is, I guess. :p

Matri and Quag are goners in the summer. Conte hates them both, with good reason.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

...and I don't blame him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I thought AVB was mad for passing on Sahin in the summer, at the time it was claimed he thought he didn't have the mettle for the PL.

He was right, I guess. Shame the move to Madrid fucked his career up so badly. Modric why didn't you learn...

I was winning my first match on FIFA 13 online, Fuck Bayern - Massive Club, leading 3-0, and the cunt quit after the third goal.
KuGsj.gif

I'd better get used to that :D

I would imagine permanent. Madrid don't want him, and I think Klopp mentioned that to get the best out of Sahin, he needs the team built around him, which suggests he would be there long term.

Even though there's truth in it, I don't think Klopp has said that. But see, that's the problem. After Sahin left, we were kinda lost because we didn't know what to do with the ball. We've become better and the creative part is now not only on one player but on a few, the biggest part have Subotic/Hummels, Gündogan and Götze. Rebuilding the team around Sahin is a step back, that's why Sahin coming back will only happen if Nuri really wants it and it's cheap.

I don't see it happening, yet.

Had to laugh at this. From Karen Brady's column in the Sun on Saturday;

"United's chief executive David Gill told me that he was tired of having the highest prices forced on him at away games. That is one reason we chose to make this game one of our 'making football affordable' fixtures, with tickets available at £20 for adults and £10 for kids for season-ticket holders of both clubs"

The price of tickets for the replay at Old Trafford? £45.

Kyoufu

"United's chief executive David Gill told me that he was tired of having the highest prices forced on him at away games. That is one reason we chose to make this game one of our 'making football affordable' fixtures, with tickets available at £20 for adults and £10 for kids for season-ticket holders of both clubs"

Man United are scum. Utter scum.

Wilbur

Banned

Bubbles are cheaper than dreams

I'm of the personal opinion that, yes, they should have the right to walk off the pitch if they cant continue. I'm afraid I don't understand the opposing argument that doing so would 'undermine' the sport. What undermines the sport is the abuse, the feeble penalties for the abuse and the penalties for the victims of the abuse who would walk off the pitch

Wilbur

Banned
I'm of the personal opinion that, yes, they should have the right to walk off the pitch if they cant continue. I'm afraid I don't understand the opposing argument that doing so would 'undermine' the sport. How is that in any way more damaging than the actual abuse or the frail penalties the authorities impose?

Yep. If I was a manager or captain, I'd encourage my team to walk off and make the ones abusing miss out on the entertainment they've paid for. Fuck Blatter and his nonsense, he's an abomination. An absolute disease.

Wes

venison crêpe
Manchester City have returned close to a third of their allocation for Sunday's Premier League match at Arsenal, after supporters balked at the £62 ticket price.

The Premier League champions were given a 3,000 allocation but 912 were sent back and are being sold by Arsenal. The match at the Emirates, which kicks off at 4pm and is live on Sky Sports, is classed as Category A and therefore carries the highest ticket cost for Arsenal's Premier League games.

The London club's own supporters have become increasingly vocal about pricing – Arsenal's tickets in an equivalent area on Sunday, plus the returned away tickets, will also cost £62.

Guardian

I'm of the personal opinion that, yes, they should have the right to walk off the pitch if they cant continue. I'm afraid I don't understand the opposing argument that doing so would 'undermine' the sport. What undermines the sport is the abuse, the feeble penalties for the abuse and the penalties for the victims of the abuse who would walk off the pitch
Some people have suggested that teams could walk off more often. Racist abuse isn't that uncommon in football grounds from my experience so there is an argument that a high proportion of matches could be called off if the precedent was to walk off.

There is also a somewhat more cynical argument that teams could walk off claiming racist abuse when there was not any...

I don't really go along with that...but, after the KPB incident he came out and said the racist abuse was making him consider leaving Italy and AC Milan. I have to say I thought that was a bit of an over-reaction and although I have no basis for it, I had to question whether he was using it as an excuse. I shouldn't really say that because I have no proof and this is a separate incident altogether - but I guess what I'm saying is the answer is not simply to walk off or move away.

Ideally the matches could go on and then the fans launching the abuse could be dealt with later but the evidence until now is that the authorities are too limp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom