• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Has this been posted yet? Berlusconi says Pep has a deal with Man City.

"We contacted him, but he said he wanted to stay in a sabbatical. He said that at Milan he'd have fun and felt admiration towards me, and appreciation for Lake Como, where I could offer a beautiful villa. At this moment, I have to say the percentage for him to come to Milan is very low."

Berlusconi then added: "So we contacted him, but then came the club that hires his friends."
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/4...r-city-move-pep-guardiola-repalce-roberto.htm

:lol nope, Simpson will be on the bench. I mean, this would strengthen the squad but fuck me I'd rather buy another RB and let that shitbag go.
Okok, He played midfield in younger years.

It seems crazy to payup for a bench player, sign someone on potential but without big demands.

fuenf

I don't get why people keep mentioning Neuer for the World XI. He was awful last season. Cost Bayern more than a few points in the league and fucking lol at his DFB cup final.

cuz of this:
ibitL06jLFr7xO.gif

just needed an excuse to post my new gif

Meier

Fry

cuz of this:
ibitL06jLFr7xO.gif

just needed an excuse to post my new gif

Driving... there you have something that requires constant usage of hands and feet, and won't give you any injuries. You found your new profession, Robben!

Also Best XI is boring.

Bundesliga Worst XI this season:
Bance - Voronin
Sio - Ottl - Träsch - Musona
Schmitz- Marcos António - Bruma - Fagner
Wiese

Slizz

Lmao, just saw an Australian Open commercial on ESPN and half of the words and commercial are upside down.

<3 Sharapova

Apparently City have sent back tickets for the game at Arsenal.

Suggestion that it's in protest of the price of the ticket, £63.

Meier

I think they still have CL rights and I'd have to assume they try for Bundesliga or Serie A to replace the PL

beIN Sport has Serie A already. Bundesliga is on Gol TV though and that is on its last legs.. that will be FSC's only chance to stay relevant. I know ESPN sometimes shows the Portuguese Liga.. perhaps FSC will make a move for that? beIN Sport already has the Championship as well so no chance there.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens. I can't imagine Fox Soccer Plus lasting.

Kyoufu

Is Santon actually good? He doesn't seem to defend that well, although I've only watched him a few times.

He's young so in the learning process. Though to be honest he could use better coaching than what's available at Newcastle.

Arnie

Pep to City makes the most sense, to be honest. City are a club needing inspiration, after vaulting the hump that was a lingering lack of silverware, and establishing themselves domestically, they need to hit a new level in order to establish themselves as a real European superpower. That new level is Pep.

:lol G-Unit

If it's true, not saying it is, but if it is, then fair fucking play.

Ticket prices are a joke. Contrary to what people would have you believe, there are bigger problems with the English game than who John Terry sticks his dick into, how many handballs Suarez makes, or how many times players dive to earn free kicks.

Slizz

beIN Sport has Serie A already. Bundesliga is on Gol TV though and that is on its last legs.. that will be FSC's only chance to stay relevant. I know ESPN sometimes shows the Portuguese Liga.. perhaps FSC will make a move for that? beIN Sport already has the Championship as well so no chance there.

It'll be very interesting to see what happens. I can't imagine Fox Soccer Plus lasting.

ESPN has the Dutch and Portuguese league frequently on ESPN3, and during broadcasts ESPN advertises PL games on Fox Soccer, so maybe they have some sort of deal?

NBC Sports just got the PL though right? FA cup and League cup could maybe keep them afloat.

Meier

ESPN has the Dutch and Portuguese league frequently on ESPN3, and during broadcasts ESPN advertises PL games on Fox Soccer, so maybe they have some sort of deal?

NBC Sports just got the PL though right? FA cup and League cup could maybe keep them afloat.

Yeah, Fox sub-licenses some EPL games to ESPN and have for some time. FSC tried to do the same deal with ESPN continuing to sub-license games from them but obviously NBC won out. I hope that Darke and Macca move to [strikethrough]beIN[/strikethrough] NBC because they're by far my favorite announcing team.

Edit: Oops, meant to say I hope they move to NBC so they can continue to do EPL games.

Pep to City makes the most sense, to be honest. City are a club needing inspiration, after vaulting the hump that was a lingering lack of silverware, and establishing themselves domestically, they need to hit a new level in order to establish themselves as a real European superpower. That new level is Pep.

Ticket prices are a joke. Contrary to what people would have you believe, there are bigger problems with the English game than who John Terry sticks his dick into, how many handballs Suarez makes, or how many times players dive to earn free kicks.
Yeah it's a joke.

Especially since Arsenal charge some away fans less than half of that. I get that big games cost more, that's fine, but charging over 100% for the away fans of better teams is just a joke.

Slizz

Yeah, Fox sub-licenses some EPL games to ESPN and have for some time but they lost out on keeping this deal when NBC Sports won the rights. ESPN won't have any PL games starting next year.

I hope that Darke and Macca move to beIN because they're by far my favorite announcing team.

Oh man that sucks. I too love Darke and Macca. I hated Macca at first but hes really grown on me and is pretty good at being un-biased towards Liverpool. Plus they both do a decent job at calling players out when they deserve it.

If that's true then fuck that. Ticket prices are a joke in England, the Premier League needs to look at Germany and how clubs there price their tickets, much fairer to the fans and opens up watching the team live at the stadium to more than just those who have a ton of money

Done! There are many people that still aren't in the OP. I just added bud and the walrus on my own. Who else is missing?

Now that you are in both bayern and liverpool... Can I be in Palermo and Chelsea too pls.

fuck you 1 team people, got a 3 ½ month winter break here, need my football

Meier

DM says Theo will sign a new contract by this weekend's game with City. The Daily Star are claiming that M'Vila is available for only £7m now and Le Arse will finally make the purchase. That'd be a steal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Just turned it on, what was the Bayern pen given for?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Fox sub-licenses some EPL games to ESPN and have for some time. FSC tried to do the same deal with ESPN continuing to sub-license games from them but obviously NBC won out. I hope that Darke and Macca move to beIN because they're by far my favorite announcing team.

I'm hoping NBC is true to their word about setting up a streaming service for the games not on TV.

GQman2121

Banned
So Spurs are interested in Zaha and Belhanda? If so, seems they really are considering letting Bale go in the summer for big monies.

Also, I love that we're again being linked with Fellaini. He's the type of player every team can use.

dc89

Can't wait for us to get Pep. The salty tears in here will be incredible.

Yeah it's a joke.

Especially since Arsenal charge some away fans less than half of that. I get that big games cost more, that's fine, but charging over 100% for the away fans of better teams is just a joke.

If that's true then fuck that. Ticket prices are a joke in England, the Premier League needs to look at Germany and how clubs there price their tickets, much fairer to the fans and opens up watching the team live at the stadium to more than just those who have a ton of money

I posted about this weeks ago! They charged West Brom fans £25-£30 for the same seats.

Today's reports suggested Spurs aren't actively pursuing Zaha yet.

To me it seems like his representatives are leaking most of the stories. There's an obv interest in him but if anybody was prepared to pounce, they would have done it yet. He'll probably move before the end of the window but doesn't seem clear where he's going.

Meier

I'm hoping NBC is true to their word about setting up a streaming service for the games not on TV.

Yeah, I think they will do everything they can to show as much content as possible. The Olympics streaming on so many devices was a huge coup for them and I imagine they'll use the same infrastructure that they've created for it.

And I meant to say I hope Darke and Macca move to NBC so they keep doing EPL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom