• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People on twitter saying lacking a proper striker (above average really) wasn't our problem today. Do one.

Carbonox

So Remy's finally coming to Newcastle. Would have preferred Aubameyang but whatever.

Get in Sissoko and a CB and I'll consider than OK January. Steven Taylor's back for our next game, plus Ben Arfa's back in a couple of weeks.

Anything less than a victory against Reading would be criminal. Remy might even play in that I think.

Labadal

I think Rafael was MOTM despite messing up when we scored.

We looked good with Sturridge on, but I still think we need another offensive player + a left back if Robinson is a no go for the 1st team.

Not saying he will only pick those players.

But his teams will always include players who have what edge. IMO it's a factor in his selection. And may well be why he played ahead of Hernandez (as well as physical attributes for this type of match).

Yeah and I still don't understand that. Hernandez is a much better player. This idea that Welbeck would give you something extra, you can't measure that. But you can the amount of chances that he wastes.

MPW

602836_542727522434135_783165375_n.jpg

For the first 45 Carrick was on song, was a brilliant performance from him.

Overall I'm not sure, you may be right with Evra although he was still quite complacent at the back.

Allen was woeful in that first 45. Seriously shocking.

I don't understand what's going on with him. I thought when he signed that he'd be the type of player to have a high standard of poor performance, if you know what I mean. But he's fucking up the most basic passes, jogging around, letting the ball bounce off of him. All of his technical and mental ability goes out the window

GorillaJu

I don't understand what's going on with him. I thought when he signed that he'd be the type of player to have a high standard of poor performance, if you know what I mean. But he's fucking up the most basic passes, jogging around, letting the ball bounce off of him. All of his technical and mental ability goes out the window

Yeah I felt the same way, but he's not been good lately. Thankfully we have Henderson who is just coming into form while Allen falls out of it.

Yeah and I still don't understand that. Hernandez is a much better player. This idea that Welbeck would give you something extra, you can't measure that. But you can the amount of chances that he wastes.
Not saying I agree with it, just that for Ferguson and the principle he wants at the club, it's important.

dc89

Did he drag him down?

YES!

Amazing decision. Spot on decision. Brilliant refereeing. About time we saw someone get sent off for that.

Zabojnik

People on twitter saying lacking a proper striker (above average really) wasn't our problem today. Do one.

Not having a clinical striker is always a problem, even more so when the form goes down and you're missing 3-4 starting XI players. Add an adversary like today's Parma, which is a very organized team, and you have, well, an away draw. I expect we'll be dropping more points in the next 30 days. I don't really care, i just want us to at our best when we'll be facing Celtic.

L1NETT

Do you think Rodgers let his ego get the better of him in his decision to start Allen over Henderson?

It's like on FM (for me) when I sign a player and play him endlessly just to prove he was a good signing. Even him there are others who are in better form than him.

Speaking of which, I haven't got an FM game since 2010...is 13 a big enough jump to consider a purchase?

Salazar

Welberg was so merciful with that backpass chance.

Oh fuck Arsenal. Glad I switched off the telly.

Bosscielny? Told you he was crap.

Not saying I agree with it, just that for Ferguson and the principle he wants at the club, it's important.

Fair enough. I do think you need those players in the side, but I don't think Welbeck is one of them (in place of someone like Hernandez).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom