• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

BTW, did you guys think Skrtel got lucky when he got a yellow?

I think Welbeck would have got the ball and been one on one - but then that's not exactly a clear goalscoring opportunity when Welbz is involved right lol.

Webb was also clueless when he stopped the play for Reina. Idiot.

Nah... He wasn't the last man because of Agger, and it certainly wasn't a clear goal-scoring opportunity.

Wilbur

Banned
What a finish by JM7.

Carrick was man of the match for me, he bossed it.

Yep. Had a few nervy moments in the second half but for an hour he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. I'd be interested in seeing how many touches/passes he had.

I don't feel anything really about our loss

Think its a combination of expecting defeat, fair refereeing, gladness to avoid a battering and satisfaction with our play in the last 35 minutes or so

Man Utd were there for the beating though with the right lineup and sufficient preparation for their pressing

GorillaJu

And yet no commentator says a word while they follow the narrative that De Gea is at fault for Liverpool's goal.

Lol were people really blaming De Gea for Liverpool's goal? It was a great save to make, he was at full stretch. Sturridge did well to clean up but Rafael could have been the man there if he wasn't dozing.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal missing Arteta here.

Lol were people really blaming De Gea for Liverpool's goal? It was a great save to make, he was at full stretch. Sturridge did well to clean up but Rafael could have been the man there if he wasn't dozing.

Yeah, commentators on my stream were saying he has to push it around the post in that situation. Fucking nonsense.

vall03

fuck, we're getting hammered here and barely have any possessions, guess its time for me to sleep *sigh* Arsenal being shit during the new year.

I still think De Gea should have done better. Maybe I'm forgetting but he wasn't at maximum stretch on the save.

Carrick is most at fault anyway IMO, gave the ball away on the edge of our box, caught rest of the team off guard.

Arsenal missing Arteta here.

Yeah, commentators on my stream were saying he has to push it around the post in that situation. Fucking nonsense.

One of those ones where its better to get a fingertip to it than a palm. At that stretch though, there's no way you can control your dive and arm-stretch to do that

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Why on earth is Walcott taking set plays? Thinks he's Bertie Big Bollocks.

Salazar

I miss the Liverpool game earlier. Was it a deserved win for Utd?

First half we should (not in a deserve sense, but with regard to assumed competence) have put in about 2 or 3 goals. I think Welberg will be a fine striker in time, and he is often useful in possession and pressure, but he deserves to be called wasteful. Not just chances he creates for himself, but occasions on which he is put clean through by others: he bungles. Hope he gets a lot more time, but not necessarily league starts.

Carrick and ClevGod were pretty damn good for about two thirds of the game. Kagawa made the best of being stuck out wide, could have snatched a goal.

Second half, we sank back under Liverpool pressure. We risked the whole game by playing daft passes around our area, without clear or urgent ideas or intent about moving the ball forward and away. It's all very well to give the ball to someone else, but you've got to have a plan or a suggestion to go with it, or you're just adding to the panic.

Sturridge helps a lot. Downing is a eunuch; if Rodgers can find a buyer, he should fuck him off. He needs to rest Sterling - who was properly anonymous after a couple of very mildly threatening runs early on - but he has no use for Downing. Allen will rediscover his balls.

Skrtel and Agger were ok here and there, but badly rattled at times. Chicha might well have given them hell.

I still think De Gea should have done better. Maybe I'm forgetting but he wasn't at maximum stretch on the save.

Carrick is most at fault anyway IMO, gave the ball away on the edge of our box, caught rest of the team off guard.

Cleverly was at fault there imo, passed it blind to Carrick, who didn't have time to assess his options or threats. He simply couldn't have known that Gerrard was steaming in, and Cleverly didn't need to make the pass at all, he had a lot of space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom