• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The League cup worthless until you win it. Then it becomes a "big cup".

Only to the spoiled and deluded supporters of big clubs. Most fans would love to see their team win the league cup.

28 years I've been waiting for West Ham to win something.
Fuck you, Liverpool

Linius

I think its a good thing; it gives the lower league teams or teams in the league with no chance of winning the PL a chance at a trophy, and it gives bigger clubs a chance to blood young players in first team matches and develop a winning mentality if they win the cup. I like COC.

Yeah, that's a good thing about it. Let the youngsters of the big clubs play against the first squads of lower clubs. And it's always fun watching football, so win-win.

rodvik

Only to the spoiled and deluded supporters of big clubs. Most fans would love to see their team win the league cup.

28 years I've been waiting for West Ham to win something.
Fuck you, Liverpool

Aye, good point.

Bloody hell this is end to end stuff. Lambert really doesnt have a "play conservatively" switch does he?

Arnie

Right, any tech heads in here know about RTMP servers?

When I try to watch anything on PAD, it says Server Not Found: RTMPT: and then a load of numbers. When I tried it at home it didn't work on my Mac, but worked on my step dads, and an iPad. So it isn't the internet, it's something to do with my Macbook. Moved back to Uni and the problem persists. It's strange because I've watched things on PAD before on my Macbook, but it's suddenly started failing.

Wes

venison crêpe
What about El Ahmadi?

I can't remember exactly but there was a confluence of events: dip in form/suspension/injury.... a combiantion of one of those two, that put Westwood in the team.

Westwood is the first centre mid name on the sheet but he's injured at the moment hence the dramatic need for cover.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Aston Villol?

I never really get why the League Cup is considered smaller than the FA Cup. I mean by this stage we're looking at teams from the same leagues in it anyway.

When I try to watch anything on PAD, it says Server Not Found: RTMPT: and then a load of numbers. When I tried it at home it didn't work on my Mac, but worked on my step dads, and an iPad. So it isn't the internet, it's something to do with my Macbook. Moved back to Uni and the problem persists. It's strange because I've watched things on PAD before on my Macbook, but it's suddenly started failing.

RTMP mean Realtime Transitional Macintosh Processor

So your Mac is failing to communicate with the server on a processor level, perhaps not compartmentalising its power sufficiently to handle the data and shutting it down on a browser level to prevent system-wide slowdown. The number is an error code which you should be able to cross-reference to see which code on PAD is screwing up the Mac's power-handling

Wes

venison crêpe
Well the FA is more prestigious because it's older and is an Open in that technically even the smallest of non-league club can win it. Where as the League Cup is just for those 90 off teams that make up the top 4 leagues.

Arnie

So your Mac is failing to communicate with the server on a processor level, perhaps not compartmentalising its power sufficiently to handle the data and shutting it down on a browser level to prevent system-wide slowdown. The number is an error code which you should be able to cross-reference to see which code on PAD is screwing up the Mac's power-handling

Fucking hell.

rtmpt://5.153.25.2:80/live

What do I do with that?

Randdalf

The last time I remember listening to a Bradford match other than this year, was back in 2001 when Bradford were playing Portsmouth in Division One. I remember I was playing this rallying game on my N64 at the time.

Linius

Well the FA is more prestigious because it's older and is an Open in that technically even the smallest of non-league club can win it. Where as the League Cup is just for those 90 off teams that make up the top 4 leagues.

Well it's not like any of those teams would ever win the FA Cup :p

But for foreigners like me the FA Cup gets much more attention than the Carling Cup.

Villa away fans louder than the home crowd as usual.

http://i.imgur.com/Ay29K.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

You can never tell on TV though as sometimes I've been at games where t seems like there's not a peep but then seems loud on TV

Just depends on the mics I suppose

Wait why was this flippant comment even worthy of reply lol

rodvik

You can never tell on TV though as sometimes I've been at games where t seems like there's not a peep but then seems loud on TV

Just depends on the mics I suppose

Wait why was this flippant comment even worthy of reply lol

True but in Villa case it is often true. Liverpool and Everton also are regularly louder than us at Villa park as well fwiw, not sure why.

Linius

Been listening to Portishead all day since I know they're playing here in june. So excited they're coming here again :D

Bo-Locks

Other people will know more about this than I do, but this is a network problem. Temporarily disable your firewall and any anti-virus programs to see if that makes a difference. Something is limiting your outbound connections, it could be either:

Local firewall/antivirus
Network firewall (check your router settings and open the right ports)
Uni network (You will probably need a proxy if this is the case)

image.php

Wes

venison crêpe
Well it's not like any of those teams would ever win the FA Cup :p

But for foreigners like me the FA Cup gets much more attention than the Carling Cup.

The point is that they're even elligible. It's why most sport tournaments that are "Opens" are considered the most prestigious.

Arnie

Ibe, to McLaughlin, to Yesil. 3-1.

Lovely little combination.

What's the Villa game like, worth watching?

Linius

The point is that they're even elligible. It's why most sport tournaments that are "Opens" are considered the most prestigious.

True! And that's cool of course. It's great to see those local clubs play against Arselol or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom