• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

2urp4qe.gif

Sorry, can't help you.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
That was probably all Baia's doing and it's embarassing but not necessarily cheating.

Damn that clip made my eyes watery, seeing Porto win that cup meant the world to me back then, I had never seen my club lift an european trophy (was a toddler when they won the previous one), my heart was on the verge of jumping out of my chest the entire match. The following year we won the fucking Champions League and I barely cared in comparison (Old Trafford upset was amazingly nerve wracking though). Celtic were an amazing opponent.
Yeah, I was so disappointed at the time (and whatever Baia did wouldn't have mattered if we hasn't conceded a really soft goal through our own defending mistakes just before). Watching Porto dominate in the CL the following season made me tip my hat - we were outdone by not only a better team, but the best team in Europe, and you can't be too disappointed in that. Special team with some special players (Deco O:) managed by the special one. :p

At least we did win one award. FIFA's fair play supporters award. :lol 80,000 travelling fans in Seville, zero arrests on match day! Moral victory! :lol

Wilbur

Banned
AC Milan are set to rival Manchester City and Arsenal for the January signing of Alessandro Matri, according to talkSPORT.

The Juventus star has been linked with a move to the Premier League, with Arsenal and Manchester City reportedly interested, but AC Milan have now joined the race for the Italy international, and are lining up a bid this month.

plz
oh

#basedmarwood #basedwenger

xintin

kinda glad I was in class for Chelsea/Swansea. Should I even bother looking up the highlights? Sounds like we were goddamn awful tonight.

rodvik

Glad you are not here any more Wes. Sad news.

hurt,lion,sad-833e13b0ccc43ff2b4fd2ac3f297f5dc_m.jpg

Reported on Sky Italia 20 mins ago
'Giancluca di Marzio at Sky Italia has confirmed Inter have turned down a €10+2M bid from #AVFC for Coutinho

Boo Inter! Boo! This is why nobody likes you.

feel

Apparently Ronaldo showed up at Celta's dressing room after the game all concerned about the condition of that player that injured himself after getting dribbled (by Ronaldo). He's a way nicer guy than people give him credit for.

Fry

Apparently Ronaldo showed up at Celta's dressing room after the game all concerned about the condition of that player that injured himself after getting dribbled (by Ronaldo). He's a way nicer guy that people give him credit for.

I really like him, would love if he won Ballon D'Or ahead of Messi this year.

rodvik

I told you :p

Am sad.

Tell you what, you have some injuries, we have a couple of fabulous defenders we could give you to sweeten the deal, well I say defenders, I suppose they are all rounders really. Both internationals as well. Warnock and Hutton... now wait a minute...

hello?

Timurid

Which Liverpool fans?

None on here, none on Twitter, none on RAWK.

You've just pulled that out of your anus.

:lol I was browsing through RAWK to look up the youth stars like Ibe, McLaughlin, and others. I stumbled in the transfer thread and i saw some people put Eriksen, Isco, and many others in their future lineups.

Arnie

:lol I was browsing through RAWK to look up the youth stars like Ibe, McLaughlin, and others. I stumbled in the transfer thread and i saw some people put Eriksen, Isco, and many others in their future lineups.

Link me, there's nothing about Isco in the transfer thread. Not even in the thread dedicated to taking the piss and hypothesising about ridiculous rumours.

How many Liverpool fans were thinking we had a chance at Isco?

Timurid

Link me, there's nothing about Isco in the transfer thread. Not even in the thread dedicated to taking the piss and hypothesising about ridiculous rumours.

Here! Some guy put Capoue in their lineup. :lol

Dibbz

is Guillem Balague dating Rafa or something? Chelsea wins he rubs it in saying oh Rafa so good. Chelsea lose and he is there to defend him.

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague

What a shame Rafa made two defensive mistakes that cost Chelsea the game. Specially poor Rafa's back pass for the second Swansea goal

I like Rafa myself but it just seems overboard the way he goes on.

Yen

To answer your question: 4

Arnie

Here! Some guy put Capoue in their lineup. :lol

Fuck me, how people can write Eriksen/Isco is beyond me.

It's only two or three, like, but it's enough to make my head hurt. And what makes it worse is the justification that it's next season, so we've got a better shot at these players. The longer we stay out of the Champions League, and we won't be in it next season, the less chance we've got at pulling a worldie out of our arse.

We only managed Torres because he saw us in the Champions League final.

To answer your question: 4
Yes, it was a very slim sample size to say ':lol Liverpool fans' as a sweeping generalisation.

But that's Timurid, I guess. He's the Italian batmanbatmanbatman.

Arnie

Layed in bed, throat hurts, shivering like fuck and got to finish off my assignment tomorrow for fuck sake

Sounds like tonsillitis, or something close. I had something similar last year and ended up getting picked up by my parents because I was almost paralysed in bed and I couldn't get up to make some water. At one point I was shouting when I heard noise on the stairs to lure one of my housemates into helping me.

Sign da ting (extenuating circumstances form).

operon

He tapped him. First, it was just a brush on his shoulder. Josep tried his best to ignore the slight waft of air he had felt hover past his right ear. Then, two fingers rested on his pulse. He could hear Cristiano's deep voice.​
"Papi. Papi. Mi amigo, es mi Cristiano." Josep tilted his head in the opposite direction. But soon, he could not ignore the lips on his lobe, the tongue in his drum. "Josep, que soy yo. El que te hizo estremecerse como el rompimiento de una ola colosal."​
"No tengo nada que decirte", replied the Catalonian. But there was no mistake. The Portuguese international was resting the bulk of his shaft on the top of Josep's rather pristine cranium.​
"Pero ¿qué pasa con la noche del once veces? El momento en que usted tomó mi orejuela en su boca y la besó, dos veces, tres veces, cuatro veces."​
A solitary tear left Josep's eyeball, "Aquellos eran los días."​
I await the sensual recording of this with bated breadth and a box of man sized tissues

rodvik

Just took a look at Genoa CFC, kind of my Serie A team hoping for a bit of good news, maybe see a team I kind of like doing well.

Hovering above the relegation zone same as Villa.

:\

Timurid

He's american!

He'll always be Italian to me. Like how I thought Messi was Spanish because he supports Barca. Turns out he's just a glory hunter from Ireland.

That's because you call him Timerda.

So he wasn't forced into supporting Torino?

He was, so he could have an excuse to despise Juventus.

=P
God, how many times i have to explain myself! All of my family on my father's side are Torino fans except for my uncle, who is a inter fan. I was raised as a Toro fan! gosh!

Rodvik, Genoa ain't going fall! I feel bad for Siena already destined for Serie B even before the season started.

And Fry why do you support two of the biggest clubs in Europe and you're from brazil?!?!?!?

rodvik

God, how many times i have to explain myself! All of my family on my father's side are Torino fans except for my uncle, who is a inter fan. I was raised as a Toro fan! gosh!

Rodvik, Genoa ain't going fall! I feel bad for Siena already destined for Serie B even before the season started.

Nothing wrong with being a Torino fan. Hope you are right about Genoa, they have had a rough couple of years. Agree about Siena, sucks for them.

GorillaJu

Liverpool could get Eriksen. We got Ajax's star player 2 years ago and we weren't any closer then to the CL.

Eriksen hasn't lived up the lofty expectations people have of him. He's very good but not brilliant. If we bid enough he wouldn't turn us down, mostly by virtue of the fact that no big CL clubs need a player like him as a first team starter. But despite how fun "hurr hurr let's laugh at some morons on the Internet" can be, Eriksen is one of the few achievable pipe dreams we can have as Liverpool supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom