• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea missing CL (sorry Fady) would amuse me no end.

It would certainly be payback to roman for some of the ridiculous decisions he's made in recent years (sacking ray Wilkins, Ancellotti, RDM, not giving Lampard/cole contracts they deserve, sticking with Torres).

Not that I want to see it mind but perhaps that is what it will take to make him see the current set-up at the club doesn't work. All the people around him a fucking idiots (Buck, Gourlay, tennenbaum, emenalo). We need change; I don't even mind Rafa being in charge if he's going to bring us success.

Roman has done so much for the club, and for that I am grateful, but I do think we would have much more success if he took a backseat. If RDM has been given the striker he wanted in the summer I feel we would still be close to united.

spidye

well Lautern wanted / needed more options on the wings (right or left). Löwe is another more experienced, maybe even better, option.

löwe is a lb, weiser is a right winger. totally different positions and side. I don't think that it will have any effect on weiser.

fuenf

löwe is a lb, weiser is a right winger. totally different positions and side. I don't think that it will have any effect on weiser.

sure but I remember someone saying Weiser could player RB, RW or LW at Lautern. LW would also be an option for Löwe, or their current LB (whoever the hell that is.. ;)

Arnie

This page is fantastic.

Rodgers says a lot of crazy things about Liverpool. "We can make it to the CL", After their tie with City "It wasn't Skrtel's fault"
Rodgers had to accept responsibility for the back pass against City because he's trying to implement a philosophy of passing the ball out from the back, one which doesn't necessarily suit Skrtel's game, or didn't at the time; he's much improved in that aspect some four months later.

If Rodgers laid the blame down thick on Skrtel then it would've created doubt in the player's mind, next time that situation occurred.

Rodgers does say some outlandish things, as is the job of being a manager, a motivator and a reference point for hope and optimism, but so do most managers.

If you're going to choose an example, pick more carefully.

Salazar

I guess you can chalk off any old bollocks he talks as "motivation, innit".

But saying you're as good as any team in the league when you've not beaten a side above you in the table all season is daft. He should delegate Carragher to spout that material.

UDMrO.jpg

Messi

I thought The Amazing Spiderman was a pretty good film. People led me to believe it was awful. Emma stone and Andrew Garfield in particular were great. I liked Emma Stone in Easy A but she was lovely in Spiderman.

I also watched Martha Marcy May Marlene. What a deeply creepy and disturbing film. That Olsen girl is a great actor. Also John Hawkes unnerves me.

I thought The Amazing Spiderman was a pretty good film. People led me to believe it was awful. Emma stone and Andrew Garfield in particular were great. I liked Emma Stone in Easy A but she was lovely in Spiderman.

I also watched Martha Marcy May Marlene. What a deeply creepy and disturbing film. That Olsen girl is a great actor. Also John Hawkes unnerves me.
I thought it was very good. One of the few 3D movies I've enjoyed.

Carrick played the 2009 CL final with a broken foot. Explains why he didn't make Iniesta look shit.

Messi

I thought it was very good. One of the few 3D movies I've enjoyed.

Carrick played the 2009 CL final with a broken foot. Explains why he didn't make Iniesta look shit.

Oh and
that scene with the cranes was some of the stupidest shit I'd ever seen in a movie.

But all the other fights were good to great.

Andrew Garfield > Toby Maguire

Rodgers had to accept responsibility for the back pass against City because he's trying to implement a philosophy of passing the ball out from the back, one which doesn't necessarily suit Skrtel's game, or didn't at the time; he's much improved in that aspect some four months later.

If Rodgers laid the blame down thick on Skrtel then it would've created doubt in the player's mind, next time that situation occurred.

Rodgers does say some outlandish things, as is the job of being a manager, a motivator and a reference point for hope and optimism, but so do most managers.

There's no better example. Skrtel failed to know where Tevez, he didn't even look before he passed. Just because the style of play doesn't suit Skrtel doesn't mean he has to do a half job, he was the reason the team lost 2 points that day. Even Ferguson goes out and blames the players. If Skrtel is really so small minded that he needs Rodgers to blatantly lie to him so he can keep his moral up than there's more issues at hand here.

Zabojnik

What to watch, what to watch. I guess Stoke - Chelsea in two hours (while keeping an eye on Newcastle) and Inter - Pescara tonight.

Wilbur

Banned
Spurs are a really good team unit. They just play in a way that suits their players, their manager, etc. Need to be a little more ruthless and consistent though.

ShogunX

There's no better example. Skrtel failed to know where Tevez, he didn't even look before he passed. Just because the style of play doesn't suit Skrtel doesn't mean he has to do a half job, he was the reason the team lost 2 points that day. Even Ferguson goes out and blames the players. If Skrtel is really so small minded that he needs Rodgers to blatantly lie to him so he can keep his moral up than there's more issues at hand here.

Skrtel was forced to try and keep possession in a dangerous area because of the ''philosophy'' Rodgers like to use. I'm pretty sure last season Skrtel would of just twatted that ball up the pitch and there would of been no issue.

At the end of the day it's Skrtel's fault but Rodgers will take some of the blame for asking players to move away from their natural instincts and play the ball to feet. Criticising Skrtel so early on in a new system would of been idiotic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom