• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

There's no better example. Skrtel failed to know where Tevez, he didn't even look before he passed. Just because the style of play doesn't suit Skrtel doesn't mean he has to do a half job, he was the reason the team lost 2 points that day. Even Ferguson goes out and blames the players. If Skrtel is really so small minded that he needs Rodgers to blatantly lie to him so he can keep his moral up than there's more issues at hand here.
Yes but the situation he was in, out wide as part of a double defensive unit, fullbacks further up the field, ushered and encouraged to pass back to Reina rather than stick the ball down the line, is entirely Rodgers' doing.

Accepting responsibility for stylistic errors (Rodgers said Enrique was out of position, making Skrtel's options limited) are important when bringing in a new style of play. Skrtel was out of his comfort zone and he made a mistake, it's Rodgers job to hold his hands up and take the blame for putting him there.

To be honest I don't think you have much of a clue about man management, or even Ferguson. Ferguson came out in his press conference yesterday and spoke about the importance of publicly defending your players, even if they are in the wrong.

You either don't fully understand the implications of Rodgers accepting the blame on that particular occasion, or you're laughing at thin air.

Either way it's pretty dense.

Wilbur

Banned
LOL no.

They play the ugliest football. The only reason they do well is because of Bale and he's off to Madrid.

AVB will never be a title contending manager in the PL.

Jesus you talk such nonsense.

Spurs play uglier football than Stoke/Sunderland/QPR/Newcastle/West Ham/Reading?

You really do talk some shite :lol

Kyoufu

Jesus you talk such nonsense.

Spurs play uglier football than Stoke/Sunderland/QPR/Newcastle/West Ham/Reading?

You really do talk some shite :lol

You're a Manure fan. Therefore irrelevant in any discussion about anything.

At least your brother has taste in football.

Wilbur

Banned
You're a Manure fan. Therefore irrelevant in any discussion about anything.

At least your brother has taste in football.

You're a Newcastle fan. You're so irrelevant you've become anonymous in the league. Your only good defender actively wants to leave you. Your only good striker did leave you. Your only good midfielder is probably dead.

I bite my thumb at you Kyoufu.

Kyoufu

You're a Newcastle fan. You're so irrelevant you've become anonymous in the league. Your only good defender actively wants to leave you. Your only good striker did leave you. Your only good midfielder is probably dead.

I bite my thumb at you Kyoufu.

You mean like how your players leave for Real Madrid? What's your point?

If you were in 15th position you'd become a City/Chelski/whoever is top fan. Totally irrelevant and a waste of time to have any sort of football discussion with.

Indeed. It may actually be better lol.

If QPR play like this every match they will stay up. It's all down to discipline and teamfocus.
Problem will be they can't play like this against half the teams in the league who aren't very good.

I agree they look very organised and committed though.

Kyoufu is such a fair-weatherer that when Newcastle got shit he didn't even jump shit, he just stopped watching football.

Came back on the up.

Now they're shit again and he's a communist.

Arnie

Spurs football is less aesthetically pleasing than last season because it's more rigid, but it's effective, and certainly more enjoyable to watch than some.

Chiefly, Sunderland and Newcastle.

Dull as fucking dishwater.

Wilbur

Banned
You mean like how your players leave for Real Madrid? What's your point?

If you were in 15th position you'd become a City/Chelski/whoever is top fan. Totally irrelevant and a waste of time to have any sort of football discussion with.

You left football for ten years and came back the second you had any sort of success. I expect you to be gone by May again.

faridmon

Remember when Kyofuo was trolling Everton for being midtable team last year?

Good shit, Karma is bitch, now suck it real hard.

Chiefly, Sunderland and Newcastle.

To be fair, Sunderland can play attractive football when they are good and up to something. The problem with them this season is that no bother to play football anymore over there. Remember when O'Neil first overtook the club? Thier games were quite sexy IMO.

Fry

Jha7w.jpg

Vasco Da Gama - Ajax

Tomorrow :)

Cool as fuck.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I get the feeling you don't appreciate the genius that is Vucinic nearly enough. We are completely sterile up front without him, you hear me? WE ARE DEAD WITHOUT MIRKO. DEAD.

3AQmK.gif

I love Mirko, but I don't think he should be a guaranteed starter. He's fantastic to have though, no doubt.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Game has gone as I expected. Dembele playing poop, M'Bia has got his number.

We will improve in the second half, just need to work a bit harder and get JD one shooting chance from inside the box. Our passing in the final third is too predictable and easily intercepted.

QPR are organised and pressing well, we'll see how long they can keep it up.

ShogunX

Remember when Kyofuo was trolling Everton for being midtable team last year?

Good shit, Karma is bitch, now suck it real hard.

Remember when David Moyes won a trophy with Everton?

I ain't DC89900. Football started in 1995 for me, not 2010.

Are you genuinely mad or is this in the name of BANTZ?

I hope you are being genuine. Footy Gaf has always needed a good kick up the arse.

What happened to Sandro?

Not watching.
Fell awkwardly and couldn't play on. Didn't look that serious but must have tweaked something.

Commentators were giving it the whole "oh he's faking it what a clown". Then he goes off. "Oh yes looked a bad fall". Idiots.

Arnie

Boredom got to him so he kicked the ground and injured himself.
:lol :lol

Screw Wilburglar I love you.
Fell awkwardly and couldn't play on. Didn't look that serious but must have tweaked something.

Commentators were giving it the whole "oh he's faking it what a clown". Then he goes off. "Oh yes looked a bad fall". Idiots.
Thanks. I love it when commentators cock up, tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom