• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

Yen

Liverpool match is on itv, 3.30. I don't watch anything on itv, such a terrible channel.

I do have a good idea for Splash though. The celebrities have to climb the ladder to the top as fast as they can, because the water is draining from the pool at a fairly moderate pace. If the water drains completely before the celebrity gets to jump, the celebrity must commit ritual suicide by jumping into the empty pool.

Liverpool match is on itv, 3.30. I don't watch anything on itv, such a terrible channel.

I do have a good idea for Splash though. The celebrities have to climb the ladder to the top as fast as they can, because the water is draining from the pool at a fairly moderate pace. If the water drains completely before the celebrity gets to jump, the celebrity must commit ritual suicide by jumping into the empty pool.

They should leave just enough water to give them the option of a painful but survivable belly-flop, like those record breakers do from the top of ladders.

Arnie

That was ages ago. Living in the past, the Spartak Moscow of England. Europa League is the best Liverpool can hope to do for the foreseeable future.

:lol

I'm living in reality, which states Russia is, and for the next decade at least, will remain an insignificant cunt hair on the vast vaginal beauty that is world football.

Liverpool are a bigger European presence in football terms than the entirety of Russia, without question.

Can't wait until we put you back in your place, which is also the Europa League, I must add.

faridmon

lol no.

He was good for us. The mistake he made was joining Chelsea when he left us

@above, intense is not the word I'd use to describe Lost.

Was he? I don't remember him being valued over there.
Lost wasn't intense? The mystery build up in that short season was incredible. I still don't know what that noise in the jungle is and there was something about white bear, right?
And the numbers... I really need to watch the subsequent seasons.

lol

482895_550981074942113_230291296_n.jpg

faridmon

Indeed its a mixture of both though. I mean we never needed Pienaar, we only got him due to cheap price. Harrys special deals.

I was really saddened by the way Harry acquired him, but I respected his decision. Too bad, because he could have been great for you lot. He was there at the wrong time with injuries and Harry.

I was really saddened by the way Harry acquired him, but I respected his decision. Too bad, because he could have been great for you lot. He was there at the wrong time with injuries and Harry.

Same with Kranjcar; wasted talent, used him first year then VdV came and despite Harry moaning about tired players he never rotated, same reason Pienaar didnt get game time, lack of rotating.

Was he? I don't remember him being valued over there.
Lost wasn't intense? The mystery build up in that short season was incredible. I still don't know what that noise in the jungle is and there was something about white bear, right?
And the numbers... I really need to watch the subsequent seasons.

He wasn't quite good enough to be in the first 11 every game, but he was certainly good enough to be first choice bench option and regular starter

Lost is mysterious and engrossing. Intense is a word reserved for the likes of The Wire, where your palms are sweating as you're consumed by fear for the characters, constantly aware of the fact that any character could die at any time, or the situation can go to hell in a matter of seconds

Damn it Murray

Hixx

Even Anechiebe would scored that amount against that team.

I had to google that team

Havant and Waterlooville is one of the biggest fairy tale stories in modern football man. A club founded not even 2 decades ago taking the lead twice at Anfield was hilarious.

I'm living in reality, which states Russia is, and for the next decade at least, will remain an insignificant cunt hair on the vast vaginal beauty that is world football.

Liverpool are a bigger European presence in football terms than the entirety of Russia, without question.

Can't wait until we put you back in your place, which is also the Europa League, I must add.

Well I'll enjoy being "insignificant" and playing in the CL every year while watching your glorious, significant presence struggle through the Europa League.

Havant and Waterlooville is one of the biggest fairy tale stories in modern football man. A club founded not even 2 decades ago taking the lead twice at Anfield was hilarious.

Hixx knows.

They're garbage now, manager got sacked and then re-appointed as assistant manager to ex-Pompey "legend" Lee Bradbury.

Remember when the media tried to make people like Crawley Town, when they were about as dislikable as non-league teams get?

Millionnaire owners outbuying the rest of the league put together, convicted crook for a manager, The Sun as their shirt sponsor. My word.

Arnie

Well I'll enjoy being "insignificant" and playing in the CL every year while watching your glorious, significant presence struggle through the Europa League.

:lol :lol

The only reason you qualify is because you play in such a weak league, and then you're rightfully, justly, thrown out at the first real hurdle because you're exposed for what you really are. A nothing club with insipid objectives who just exist to melt away in the outer fabric of world football.

At least when we played Champions League football we did something. Watch us obliterate you, too, it'll be glorious.

And then you'll crawl back into your little hole and excitedly wait for another chance to face and fall at the might of another big club.

JesusTom

Remember when the media tried to make people like Crawley Town, when they were about as dislikable as non-league teams get?

Millionnaire owners outbuying the rest of the league put together, convicted crook for a manager, The Sun as their shirt sponsor. My word.

I believe they spent more than the Blue Square Premier, League 2 and League 1 combined the season they went up.

I believe they spent more than the Blue Square Premier, League 2 and League 1 combined the season they went up.

Wow. Thankfully they seem to have crawled back into their hole.

You'd think a manager convicted of money-laundering through his ex-club would be blacklisted wouldn't you?

edit: That pun was honestly not intended, although subconciously it probably was

Tc91

Think he's done, unfortunately. As with Federer, didn't take advantage of Djokovic's mini-confidence crisis. He had enough to beat Federer regardless, but Djokovic won't let him off

Had his chance and blown it, I think he's finished aswell :( unless he pulls something out of his arse. Novak is just too good.

Keio

For a Finer World
Should Mou get fired I'd probably stop hating RMA. I don't like the Portugese Ronaldo or Pepe, but the rest are a pretty decent bunch. VISCA Barca and down with Franco off course, but it was a lot less vitriolic before Special Ones antics.

The only reason you qualify is because you play in such a weak league, and then you're rightfully, justly, thrown out at the first real hurdle because you're exposed for what you really are. A nothing club with insipid objectives who just exist to melt away in the outer fabric of world football.

At least when we played Champions League football we did something. Watch us obliterate you, too, it'll be glorious.

At least we've reached the knockout stages, something the champions of the super strong league that Liverpool play in (and have never won) have failed to do. And going forward, there is no reason for us not to make that a regular occurrence.

Zenit (and the Russian League too for that matter) will only grow bigger and bigger while the best Liverpool will be able to hope for is to remain a top 2 club from Liverpool.

Salazar

Despite the Capital One Cup defeat and disappointments at home against QPR, Swansea and Southampton, Benitez is optimistic for next season.

'I'd like to be in a top side,' he said. 'And Chelsea are a top side with great potential. So it's a great opportunity. I came in the middle of the season, so I couldn't change too many things and I had to work with the squad I had.

'This team have enough quality and they're a good squad but the circumstances of this year have been difficult. This is a top side and if they continue doing things in the right way they will always be challenging for trophies.'

Benitez believes his record will stand up to scrutiny at the end of the season, given that the club have switched to a new playing style, are attempting to overhaul the key players and that he only started mid-season.

He said: 'If you go outside and it's snowing and you fall down, they say, "Ah, he fell down". But the reality is, it's snowing, which makes it slippery and makes you fall down.

'So if you analyse all the managers [at Chelsea], how many had a pre-season here? Not me. How many managers have spent massive money here? Not me. How many managers have played in Japan in the middle of the season and have some players injured and some at the African Nations? Only me.'

lol

Just lol.

Arnie

At least we've reached the knockout stages, something the champions of the super strong league that Liverpool play in (and have never won) have failed to do. And going forward, there is no reason for us not to make that a regular occurrence.

Zenit (and the Russian League too for that matter) will only grow bigger and bigger while the best Liverpool will be able to hope for is to remain a top 2 club from Liverpool.

To be honest when you've won a single Uefa Cup in your entire history it isn't hard to 'grow bigger and bigger'. You're a microbe at the moment, an indistinguishable blob in the muck. Will you get better because of your current ownership? Surely.

Will you ever reach Liverpool's greatness?

looooooooooooool

Zenit and the Russian league is a joke.

FootballFan

If NFL and Liverpool are the only choices, then NFL all the way. Fuck B̶a̶y̶e̶r̶n̶ Liverpool.
I can't wait until we remind you just how insignificant Russia is to world football.
When do you reckon Liverpool becomes significant again in world football?
Well within the last decade we've reached two Champions League finals, winning one of them, so relatively, at least compared to your waste land of football culture, we're pretty fucking relevant as it is.
That was ages ago. Living in the past, the Spartak Moscow of England. Europa League is the best Liverpool can hope to do for the foreseeable future

And then you'll crawl back into your little hole and excitedly wait for another chance to face and fall at the might of another big club.

To be honest when you've won a single Uefa Cup in your entire history it isn't hard to 'grow bigger and bigger'. You're a microbe at the moment, an indistinguishable blob in the muck. Will you get better because of your current ownership? Surely.

Will you ever reach Liverpool's greatness?

looooooooooooool

Zenit and the Russian league is a joke.

4x9nR.gif

Top Bottom