• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT12| Kicked the Ballboy Like Stan Hit Ulrika

arkon

They could play like Oldham and we'd still find a way of losi....oh

@Mastadon, the way we got into this situation is irrelevant, fact of the matter is that we needed Gerrard to inject life into us. We're absolutely fucked when he retires.

Are Agger and Reina injured? If so will they be back in time for the Europa League games?

Add those two in places of Coates and Jones and you'll be fine!

Bumhead

Banned
I guess it's only natural for Liverpool fans - or fans of anybody - to dissect proceedings after a result like that, but to a certain extent surely you have to just take your hat off to the opposition?

I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I did see Oldham looked pretty worthy of a result.

I guess it's only natural for Liverpool fans - or fans of anybody - to dissect proceedings after a result like that, but to a certain extent surely you have to just take your hat off to the opposition?

I didn't watch the whole game, but from what I did see Oldham looked pretty worthy of a result.

The problems we showed are systematic, and have been causing us problems all season, in all 3 cup competitions

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Honestly I haven't seen anything good from him.

£10m you paid.

Not been anywhere near good enough.

Jones needs replacing ASAP, not good enough third choice, let alone second
Coates just seppuku'd his Liverpool career
Skrtel was rubbish and should have concentrated on defending rather than showing how hard he is
Robinson earned himself another 6 months in the reserves
Every time Wisdom crosses the half way line, God kills a puppy
Allen was anonymous
Henderson likewise
Borini isn't very good
Sterling was one dimensional, and that one dimension was shite
Sturridge was poor
Suarez must have had a sub-50% pass success. Dire.

Gerrard the only player worth a shite at any point in that game

BORINI IS 21 DON'T JUDGE HIM

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Seeing that we would have drawn City has pretty much stopped me caring that we're out of the cup. I'd love to still be in it but we just don't have the squad to go for 4th, Europa and FA Cup, the quality isn't there at the moment.

I get that Levy doesn't want to spend, so just get Holtby for £1.5m and Diame for £3.5m. They will solve so many problems, even if we don't get striker. With Sandro injured, Dembele and Parker are our only reliable midfielders and one of them is rusty as hell.

ShogunX

There seem a few that think the ref was at fault. Not sure I really understand that one.

The ref wasn't great and was a little biased towards the home team but the team that Rodgers put out should of been good enough to beat a league one side that haven't won in about six games.

Individual errors cost us dearly today not the ref.

Razor554

No game for Messi without breaking some records :lol

-The youngest player to have scored 200 goals in La Liga
-The first player in history to score in 11 consecutive Liga matches

and Messi now is the 3rd player ever to score 4 seasons in a row 30+ goals in a top 4 league, after Dave Halladay and Jimmy Greaves. 31 league goals this season and counting.

Arnie

The problems we showed are systematic, and have been causing us problems all season, in all 3 cup competitions
Don't think Brad Jones being a mug, and Coates being a lug, are that systemic, to be honest.

Pretty much agree with Mat that we have to tip our hat to Oldham. It's not as if we played terribly either, there weren't many problems with the system or the players selected, we just bottled it, couldn't finish our dinner, and made sloppy defensive errors.

No point dissecting it further, or castrating Rodgers, we just move on. I agree with Usho partly, at least it focuses us on the league run in and Europa League. Which I'd both prioritise over the FA Cup.

arkon

and Messi now is the 3rd player ever to score 4 seasons in a row 30+ goals in a top 4 league, after Dave Halladay and Jimmy Greaves. 31 league goals this season and counting.

How many has he got this season in all competitions? Looks like he's on course to match or even beat his La Liga record from last year.

Mastadon

Banned
I love that Liverpool fans apparently have no middle ground between euphoric optimism and apocalyptic despair.

Bad result, but come on.

Kyoufu

I love that Liverpool fans apparently have no middle ground between euphoric optimism and apocalyptic despair.

Bad result, but come on.

I see nothing wrong with that. Shows how passionate they are about their team. When they win, it's how it should be. Over the moon etc.

When they lose, it's the pits because it's not what Liverpool are about given their history.

Nobody should ever settle for "middle ground". It's basically mediocrity and settling for average.

Liverpool are NOT average.

Moobabe

Almost as if every team he plays against in that league is shite.

Nyx

Need a pic man.

VArAr57.jpg

madmackem

Im guessing that for us (sunderland) his record for us is 166 games 156 goals. Madness.

I see nothing wrong with that. Shows how passionate they are about their team. When they win, it's how it should be. Over the moon etc.

When they lose, it's the pits because it's not what Liverpool are about given their history.

Nobody should ever settle for "middle ground". It's basically mediocrity and settling for average.

This is uncharacteristic.

Arnie

Bad result, but come on.
I genuinely had a nightmare last night that we sacked Rodgers and employed some uninspiring guff instead, woke up in full on distress.

Liverpool have a great history, no argument.

Currently though (and in recent years) they have been an average side. When any team plays them, even at Anfield, there is no more fear.

They are a top six side, playing like a top 10 side.

Top Bottom